Where is everyone from? - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 113 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to HuntingGuy
Default Where is everyone from?

I'll start it off.* My residence is in Saint Paul, MN.* *I have just over 400 acres in Roseau County, MN (Up near the MN/Canada border) where I hunt for both whitetail and black bear.*

Where are you from, and where do you hunt?

HuntingGuy
Hunting in Minnesota Moderator

"You can take the boy out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the boy"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 113 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 07:19 PM

Default Re: Where is everyone from?

Hello

I am from NW Wisconsin. I primarily deer hunt and do some fishing. I hunt Sawyer, Ashland, Washburn and Barron countys. Some day I would like to deer hunt in Minnesota. This would extend my rifle season since the MN season starts before WI. Hope to learn more on this forum.

Cheese

Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.
post #3 of 113 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 09:34 PM

I live in Mora. I deer hunt on local farms, and am trying bear hunting this year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 113 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to HuntingGuy

USMC- You got baits set out?? How are the bear hitting? Our baits are doing pretty well, we caught a bruiser on the Cuddeback last weekend at one of the bait sites.

HuntingGuy
Hunting in Minnesota Moderator

"You can take the boy out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the boy"
post #5 of 113 (permalink) Old 08-24-2006, 03:31 PM

I live in Todd county and hunt just about anything that has a season, or would love to try it in the future.

Beep* * * * * Beep* * * ** Beep* * * * * * * ** BeepBeep* * Point!* * * * ** "WOODCOCK"* * * * * *BANG** * * "Dead bird"
post #6 of 113 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 04:10 PM

The wife and I live near Duluth but both of us grew up in the Henning, Leaf Lakes area, where we still hunt grouse and whitetails. I'm getting ready to go to Colorado elk hunting in Oct, while I'm there the wife will be hunting Pheasants in Neb. after Mn Deer season we will spend the rest of the fall weekends in Southeastern N.D. hunting Pheasents. We both shoot sporting clays at Old Vermillion Trail, north of Duluth, winter or summer.
captkev where in Todd are you ? I hear that there is a nice Sporting Clays course just west of Wadena some place. Do you know where it is?
post #7 of 113 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 04:14 PM

I live in Browerville, don't know of any west of Wadena, but I worked here for 5 years and still guide from time to time for them ... www.littlemoran.com Tell them Kev sent ya

Beep* * * * * Beep* * * ** Beep* * * * * * * ** BeepBeep* * Point!* * * * ** "WOODCOCK"* * * * * *BANG** * * "Dead bird"
post #8 of 113 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 04:36 PM

captkev
I didn't know about littlemoran south of Staples I'll have to stop and check it out on my way to Henning.
post #9 of 113 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 05:19 PM

* You must go right by County rd 21 on hwy 210 to get to Henning right? Let me know ahead of time, and I might be able to shoot a round with ya. What type of Dogs do you hunt with if any? Also I've spent some time to the south east of Henning hunting neer Almora and Parkers Prairie. Great water foul just south of Urbank at a friends house. I also fish West Battle quite a bit.* You ever hear of a guy by the name of Glen Wilson in Henning? Stop in the cafe and ask the waitres if he's there, then mention Little Moran and my self (Kevin) if you meet him, He would know of any Sporting clays in the area.

post #10 of 113 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 08:29 PM

Grand Marais- hunt whitetail and grouse on the 40 we live on, go out west (pronghorn and/or mulies) when I can. next year it's north to Alaska for a hunt.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page