Graybeard Outdoors

Graybeard Outdoors (https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ohio (https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/152-ohio.html)
-   -   Ohio Muzzleloader season, Another Chance ? (https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/152-ohio/351434-ohio-muzzleloader-season-another-chance.html)

jedman 01-01-2018 09:05 AM

Ohio Muzzleloader season, Another Chance ?

I am going to give it a shot, With single didgit highs and below zero chill it might be tough to stay out long.
The places I have to hunt are out of tree stands so will need to dress like the Michelin man.

Good Luck to Everyone !

jedman

Missionary5155 01-01-2018 09:43 AM

Good morning
You should be out there... But if I could I would be out also.
Percussion with 3 F BP (Goex) will fire under the worse conditions. We use flinters and with 3F in the pan always set the charge off.
Only miss fires ever had was with Pyro in the barrel.
Mike in Peru

bikerbeans 01-02-2018 07:19 AM

I am going but not till Sunday afternoon when the temp is supposed to reach the mid 20s.

No worries about ignition with a sealed breech, 209 primed smokeless mz.

BB

Catfish 01-03-2018 06:50 AM

I will probably get out for a little bit, but with the Lima gun show this week end I will go to it some.

bikerbeans 01-03-2018 08:14 AM

Mr. Fish,

Can you buy me a coffee at Lima and bring it to me in Henry County? Don't ride your scooter, them drag pipes will scare the deer.

BB

foo 01-03-2018 05:15 PM

Heading back down to the deer camp in Meigs, so far 7 deer taken , most of them with a bow. Dress warm, Good Luck.
Foo.

Catfish 01-04-2018 01:16 PM

Bean`s
I may as well make the coffee now as but it in Lima, it won`t be any colder.:tango_face_smile_bi But if I can`t bring it on the bike I won`t be able to afford the gas.

jedman 01-04-2018 10:50 PM

Catfish, Glad to hear your still kickin ! I would go to the Lima show if the idiots at the DNR didn't make the muzzleloader season the same weekend as the best gun show in the state.
Good thing Bikerbeans straightened me out as I thought MZ season came in on Thursday today ! I would probably be in jail now.

jedman

Catfish 01-05-2018 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jedman (Post 2055506610)
Catfish, Glad to hear your still kickin ! I would go to the Lima show if the idiots at the DNR didn't make the muzzleloader season the same weekend as the best gun show in the state.
Good thing Bikerbeans straightened me out as I thought MZ season came in on Thursday today ! I would probably be in jail now.

jedman

If Beans straightened you out you probably look like an S curve, I guess that`s better than being in jail though.

Jal5 01-05-2018 07:16 PM

Keep warm. Will probably go out a couple of afternoon sits in the teepee blind. Amazing how just body heat of one person stays warm in that thing.