LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-10-2019, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

Default 2nd weekend coming up

Anyone else going out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 07:03 PM

Gun Cabinet

I plan on going just not sure where. Once I got my deer in the freezer I found I can fit at least one more so I will be out for the 2 day gun season. I was lucky in a lottery for deer hunting in a local Metropark. I drew the last hunting period so it will be archery only from mid January until the season ends. I'm hoping it isn't sub zero temps then because if you kill a doe there your automatically on the list to hunt next year.
It is a " herd reduction hunt " and they want you to shoot as many does as you can within our area I think we are allowed 3.

jedman

Still kickin
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 08:26 PM

nope I am done . took the last one sunday with a TC encore 45-70 ,loaded with black horn and 325 gr bullet, its a 15''hand canon. a 40yd off hand shot from a tree stand . 5 deer came in I took the largest one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 09:12 PM

Gun Cabinet

Gosh.
I got 2 deer and a big hog
AND I'm not done yet.

Ray
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-14-2019, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

So far I have one deer. It will take a lot of squirrel to equal the meat on another deer so. Iíll be out...
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-17-2019, 12:22 PM

Got an invite to hunt a farm I've wanted to hunt for 10 years. Just got home yesterday from 2 weeks of Ohio/PA deer hunting. Tired, sore and a little burned out on deer hunting, but I'd hate to turn down the invitation.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-19-2019, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by neckisred View Post
Got an invite to hunt a farm I've wanted to hunt for 10 years. Just got home yesterday from 2 weeks of Ohio/PA deer hunting. Tired, sore and a little burned out on deer hunting, but I'd hate to turn down the invitation.
I was invited to hunt a farm with a friend of mine and passed because I wanted to hunt familiar ground. Sure wish I would have went as that friend is gone now... On another note Iím curious as to deer activity on your hunts. Seems to me there are less deer. Either that or less hunters getting them moving.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-19-2019, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule 11 View Post
I was invited to hunt a farm with a friend of mine and passed because I wanted to hunt familiar ground. Sure wish I would have went as that friend is gone now... On another note Iím curious as to deer activity on your hunts. Seems to me there are less deer. Either that or less hunters getting them moving.
I hunt the PA/OH line. Deer seem to be almost herded up already. Finding large numbers when we find them, but good bucks are scarce for some reason.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-19-2019, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

Any more itís all about the meat. I used to be picky. My friend told me that I was spoiled. He was right...
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-20-2019, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

My plan is to sleep in. When I get up Iím gonna have a big breakfast then sneak out mid day while the other guys are coming out for comfort and a hot meal... If I donít get a shot at something on the way in Iíll climb a tree and cross my fingers. Sorry. Itís all Iíve got. New property and glad to have the opportunity regardless of outcome...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page