Tim Farmer retiring from KYAfield - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

Default Tim Farmer retiring from KYAfield

Ive been watching Kyafield for more than 30 years. The current host(and has been there for 20+ years) Tim Farmer is retiring in case you had not heard.
copied from his facebook page...
December is a HUGE month for me this year. If you can believe it, I will have served at the Department for 27 YEARS!!! I have invested 31 years in state government. You may ask, how can that be when you're only 37 years old? To tell the truth, if you want to do your math, I have been at KDFWR over half my life. It is my family. I remember my hunting season opened on August 15th when I was a kid and young adult. Squirrel season. That was pretty much it, growing up hunting in eastern Ky. in the late 70's. Now we are top five in Boone and Crockett deer, we have turkeys in every county, AND we have the largest elk herd east of the Mississippi. I watched our biologists, commissioners, techs, info folks, and all employees work so hard to make theses things happen. As a fish tech, I observed the forward movement of the Department with awe. When I stepped in as host in the mid 90's, I was lucky to become the guy who got to document the Department's efforts, and the folks hunting and fishing around the state, who were real characters, and I learned (along with you) so much from them. Many of them have passed on, and I miss them every day. The one thing I have enjoyed most, is working with folks who enjoy their work. My bosses are my friends. Our producers are my brothers. Every year their work has improved the show. This year, my life took an unexpected turn. My wife Nicki, broke her neck in a bad accident. I was off work for six weeks. I recently had a health issue, and am currently recovering. We are both doing well, and expect full recoveries. Thanks for your prayers. During that time off, I made the hardest decision I have ever made. I will step down and we will find that next host that will keep Ky. Afield on the air waves another 60 years or so. I want to be closer to home, and farming has become a way of life for Nicki and I. We are not going away! You can still find us in the 'Country Kitchen' or doing a little picking and grinning on 'Homemade Jam!!' You will not hear me complain much, but the nerve condition in my arm makes cold weather almost unbearable, and that was part of the reason for this decision. The viewers on the show weren't viewers, they were and are friends. Thank you so much for letting us in your living room for the past years. We truly love you all. We still have some shows to shoot, and I look forward to seeing you all 'in the woods or on the water!'

Love them Big Iron's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 07:36 PM

Default Re: Tim Farmer retiring from KYAfield

It'll be interesting to see who they choose to take his place. A lot of us Indiana boys watch his shows religiously and every so often Tim would cross the river and acknowledge this fact. Hard to believe he has been doing the show as long as he has. I would have guessed about half as long as it has actually been.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

Default Re: Tim Farmer retiring from KYAfield

yea, he always made it a point to thank the In and Oh viewers. Lots of guys up your way watched the show. He has a been a great host. I hope they choose wisely and the new host keeps the tone that he has set.

Love them Big Iron's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page