Advantage or not - Page 2 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 10:52 PM

Default Re: Advantage or not

+1 on the safety strap that hooks top to bottem
i was 25ft up in my tree and heard what sounded like a few deer so i turned to see what was comming
and heard a spine chilling sound below me as the bottem part worked its way to the bottem of the tree.
i had my gun/coffee/ possibles bag with me and 2-3 more hours of hunting left and an uncontrolable erge to get down or at least get the rest of the stand back. i now have two ropes as saftys. by the way the climers dont work well with just 1 peice.
rw

A man with a briefcase can steal millions more than any man with a gun. - Don Henley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 12:18 PM

Default Re: Advantage or not

+1 to what john keyes mentioned about the tree lounge. I had on years ago to which I added the gun holders, bow hunting adapter and the camo cushion to cover the sling seat. All of these were to me useful additions. I did not bow hunt but I used the bow hunting adapter to periodically stand, which really helped, when I had a nature call. The camo cushion covering the sling seat will keep your back warm.

However, with everything I added to the tree lounge, it was heavy and awkard to carry, not to mention I dreaded setting it up and taking it down. I could never do so with making noise (alot of noise). I ended up leaving it on a tree for the time I was hunting. I then realized with the price of decent ladder stands, I could put several up a year so that now, I have multiple options on where I can hunt. I can see the advantage of a climber, especially for those who hunt public land. For me, I'm sticking with ladder stands. To each his own.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page