Vatican getting strange and stranger - Page 11 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #101 of 128 (permalink) Old 08-11-2017, 03:11 PM

truth of the matter is pedophiles are in every church and every profession. Take a look sometime on line and youll see this and you also see that theres more of it in the schools you send your kids too. That's just one of the ways catholic haters try to attack the church. They put blinders on to every other church and profession and try to make it a catholic thing. Yes its there. I wont argue that but youd best look at your neighbors because chances are theres one within a couple miles of your home.

As to my statements being blanket statements that are opinions. Every one of these posts by every poster can be put in the same category. Truth is for the most part what you want it to be. You can find fault in the catholic faith. I can find fault in your chosen faith. So what! The only thing ive said that's absolute truth is that ALL OF US as Christians had better put aside our petty differnces and put up a united front. If we don't we will be the last generation of Christians on this earth because the anti Christians are a heck of a lot more powerful then the anti gun people and the anti Christian movements are world wide.

So keep bashing the catholics. Keep thinking your better off in your own little world with no organized religion. Because the antis are sitting back and laughing as we weaken our numbers. bottom line and I don't think a soul here can argue this, the catholic church is the most powerful Christian organization in the world and is on the front line of this war satan is organizing. Atheiests in the country are already demanding the removal of some Christian statues, nativitiy scenes ect and are getting there way. Next thing there going to do is claim just seeing a church is offensive to them. Bash this pope all you want but he sees this and sees the need for ALL Christians to unite and is the most open minded pope we ever had in this respect. So choose your side. theres only two to choose from. One is satan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdotcomm View Post
Kinda like its an undeniable truth pervert/pedophile priest run rampant in the Catholic type churches, they should 'own it'... besides, loyds 'blanket statement' here is opinion, not truth.
Anyway, its not my focus. I pray God would heal them.
I think it’s a long row to hoe looking for the perfect church. If there was one, I know I couldn’t go there.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 128 (permalink) Old 08-11-2017, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd smale View Post
no the gospel is there to show us how God wants us to live. What is right and what is wrong in Gods eye. Id like to meet some of you in person. What ive found in face face interactions with people who push this "I don't need to do works" are guys that don't want to get up sunday morning and go to church or if they do don't want to give 5 dollars to the collection plate. Most of them though don't even attend services. They claim to believe and claim that that's all that's nessisary but in fact its just a statement that justifys there lack of faith. I just cant wrap my mind around a true Christian who doesn't want to follows Jesus's example when he said we must!

He said we MUST feed the poor We MUST help our fellow man and in fact is saying we MUST do works. I think some actually dig though the bible just to find ways to justify there weaknesses and lack of faith. Kind of like the protestant faith (if you can really even call them protestants) has become. Anyone that doesn't want to follow or is inconvenienced by a rule in there church just goes and starts another. If you gay, pro abortion, just look around you can find a church that allows it. If you dont think you need to go to church on sunday, do anything to help your fellow man just look and youll find enough others to start a new church. Then the 10 of you can try to convince everyone else that your right because you can twist some scripture passage into fitting you weakness.

Bottom line is if your not the type to come to the aid of others, if you don't care enough about the poor to help. If you think your better off leaving them starve and saying a prayer. Your not fooling God and your not fooling anyone else, you are no Christian. Doing good works should be as automatic as breathing for a GOOD Christian. After all are you not helping GODS children. How would you fell about someone who walked away from your starving child! Keep wasting your time memorizing the bible instead. I'm sure God wont be giving a test on it when you get to the pearly gates. The test he gives happens every day of your life.
We are dealing a great deal in semantics here, and I will bore many by parsing the meanings slowly ..as I see it.. "The gospel" is not rules for living or instructions in righteousness, or being helpful to our fellow man. That is taught in the rest of scripture and by Jesus himself. "The gospel" translated means 'the good news' ! So what is the "good news"? The good news is that Jesus offered himself as a substitutionary sacrifice for us! He shed his blood for us and that precious blood washed ur sins away..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
gos·pel /ˈɡäspəl/

noun

noun: gospel; noun: Gospel; plural noun: Gospels; noun: gospel music; plural noun: gospel musics

the teaching or revelation of Christ.
e.g. "it is the Church's mission to preach the gospel".
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is not to say we should not observe what he taught us in relation to God, fellow men and the world. I don't recall anyone here saying good works were not important, only that good works are not part of one's salvation. Jesus adjures us to take into consideration ALL that he taught us...he said "If you love me, keep my commandments" (John 14:15). To any Christian I know, for all practical purposes, is a command !
You are correct in that sin, even pedophilia is not restricted to the RC Church, but can happen in any church or any organization. That is why you won't find me harping upon that .
You are correct also, in that some "protestant" sects are soft on sin. Protestantism covers a broad spectrum. Some are Biblically fine, others are as reprobate and apostate as the Nicolaitans. but they will be called to answer on that day.
As I said earlier, I believe there are saved in every congregation, including the RC Church, and I am sure there are possibly some in my own home church who will be unpleasantly surprised on that final day.
An important verse which explains it all: "8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast (Ephesians 2:8,9) see also (Titus 3:5)

"Politically correct" language, is really Orwellian 'newspeak'. (Michael Cutler)
post #103 of 128 (permalink) Old 08-11-2017, 08:53 PM

Pedophilia is bad but the RC church has painted itself in a corner with its no marriage doctrine that make the homosexual pedophilia ratio so high which makes a bad thing look even worse.

RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #104 of 128 (permalink) Old 08-11-2017, 09:58 PM

Gun Cabinet

Protestant churches/denominations have given us a great number of TV "preachers" who fleece old ladies for their dollars. Anyone remember the Jimmy Swaggart prostitute scandals? There are numerous Protestant pastors who have committed adultery. We could dig up the articles. Those things aren't apparent from the Catholic Church unless I've missed the news reports. Maybe it's time to admit that Protestant and Catholic houses are built of glass.

lc

Fundamentalism: The sneaking suspicion that somewhere, someone, might be having fun.
post #105 of 128 (permalink) Old 08-12-2017, 05:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecanoe View Post
Protestant churches/denominations have given us a great number of TV "preachers" who fleece old ladies for their dollars. Anyone remember the Jimmy Swaggart prostitute scandals? There are numerous Protestant pastors who have committed adultery. We could dig up the articles. Those things aren't apparent from the Catholic Church unless I've missed the news reports. Maybe it's time to admit that Protestant and Catholic houses are built of glass.

lc
I prefer to see both 'houses' as organizations which are under the management of human beings, human beings of the same flesh which was shared by Adam and Eve. That is that same flesh which has served God both nobly and shamefully since then.
The trouble arises when a member has gone off the deep end and the remainder of the members opt o try to cover up the sin, rather than to root it out like the spiritual cancer it is, and thereby starting the healing process. Cancer doesn't heal by simply covering it up; it must be confronted and treated, otherwise it will break out past the covering. That goes for group, no matter what the name over the door is !

Perhaps this statement by Thomas Jefferson also applies to ecclesiastic groups as well:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure,”
.....................Jefferson wrote in a letter to William S. Smith, a diplomatic official in London, on November 13, 1787
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Politically correct" language, is really Orwellian 'newspeak'. (Michael Cutler)
post #106 of 128 (permalink) Old 08-12-2017, 08:39 AM

Gun Cabinet

Jimmy Swaggart
Is back to preaching and Jim Baker is back to scamming old people through end time fear mongering. Both sides seem to live in glass houses.

Both justify their corrupted leaders. To me it looks like the same problem. Whether we call it covering up, hiding or accepting it seems to be the same thing.
Both sides need to deal with it openly and honestly. And get the abusers, no matter their particular abuse, out of places of leadership.

lc

Last edited by littlecanoe; 08-12-2017 at 08:48 AM.
post #107 of 128 (permalink) Old 08-12-2017, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecanoe View Post
Jimmy Swaggart
Is back to preaching and Jim Baker is back to scamming old people through end time fear mongering. Both sides seem to live in glass houses.

Both justify their corrupted leaders. To me it looks like the same problem. Whether we call it covering up, hiding or accepting it seems to be the same thing.
Both sides need to deal with it openly and honestly. And get the abusers, no matter their particular abuse, out of places of leadership.

lc
Jim Bakker spent time in jail, and rightfully so. Neither should be leading a congregation, or have any credibility, however they will do what they will do..and who/what will stop them? They can legally do what they do legally. The viewer should educate themselves, and steer clear of such influences. I think a great deal of this comes from people do not study the word enough for themselves and are loo short on knowledge as to what scripture says. They are looking for someone to tell them what the Bible says instead of reading for themselves. They must learn to be more discrimination, more "judgmental"..

post #108 of 128 (permalink) Old 08-12-2017, 11:42 AM
Dee

Well, Baker was a thief, and Swaggert a little of a pervert. Both repented publicly.
The pope, not being Christian anyway, is happily living in sin, and Catholic self-righteousness, and will never repent.
By the way. Wasn't Paul originally Saul, and somewhat shady? He "publically repented" also but, should we not listen to him either?
The truth is the truth, regardless of the delivery system.

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
post #109 of 128 (permalink) Old 08-12-2017, 12:08 PM

Gun Cabinet

Truth is certainly truth regardless of the qualifications of the delivery system, in spite of the delivery system.
I choose to go to the best delivery system that I can find.

Jim Baker appears to be back to his old tricks of building a market to which to sell his wares. HE brings his repentance into question.
My in laws feed on his program and I have to listen to bizaar end times theology from my father in law every time I'm around them.

Swaggart? People still love him and flock to him. I'd say that in most denominations he would have been defrocked.
I wouldn't walk across the street for for the message that either preaches.

A big difference in the comparison with Saul/Paul is that he went from denying the truth to speaking the truth. These guys and most like them don't line up with Paul IMO.

Discretion and study. I agree IG. Unfortunately many are not up to that task and rely on the integrity of those who are purported teachers and preachers. I recall that the word Woe is used in relation to false teachers who damage the faith of the little ones of the flock. May God have mercy and turn these men to speaking the truth.

lc

Fundamentalism: The sneaking suspicion that somewhere, someone, might be having fun.
post #110 of 128 (permalink) Old 08-12-2017, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparedes View Post
Check your facts:
a) The Inquisition was run by Dominicans, not Jesuits.
b) There was plenty of burning at the stake and torture by Protestants. Check Salem, Mass.
Salem, Massachusetts was a one time event on a small scale. In the US the greatest example was the mistreatment of the natives justified by their not being Christians. "Join us or Die!"

Make sure brain is engaged BEFORE putting mouth in gear.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page