New Apostolic Reformation - Page 11 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #101 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-08-2018, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Riebe View Post
If you are right prove it!

Rationalizaton
the action of attempting to explain or justify behavior or an attitude with logical reasons, even if these are not appropriate.

That is just what you did.
I do not know what Jesus truly meant, no one truly does, but I am not arrogant or stupid enough to just throw guesses out there.
I do not rationalize Jesus words.

If you have something better to offer, let's hear it ! ….If I am wrong, demonstrate it !

..But of course, then you will be held to the same standard to which you have held me.

..No suggestions or extrapolations beyond what is already written.

"Politically correct" language, is really Orwellian 'newspeak'. (Michael Cutler)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Riebe View Post
If you are right prove it!

Rationalizaton
the action of attempting to explain or justify behavior or an attitude with logical reasons, even if these are not appropriate.

That is just what you did.
I do not know what Jesus truly meant, no one truly does, but I am not arrogant or stupid enough to just throw guesses out there.
I do not rationalize Jesus words.
If you have something better to offer, let's hear it ! ….If I am wrong, demonstrate it !

..But of course, then you will be held to the same standard to which you have held me.

..No suggestions or extrapolations beyond what is already written.

"Politically correct" language, is really Orwellian 'newspeak'. (Michael Cutler)
post #103 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-14-2018, 09:39 AM Thread Starter

Gun Cabinet

A quote from the first treatise of Luther’s Three Treaties in part addresses the abuses of Rome in using fear to strip money from the German population through the church. As I read this I’m reminded that there is nothing new under the sun. This is the same ploy used by the Word of Faith movement, NAR and other such movements.

To accomplish this NAR methodology relies on abusing their concept of dominionism and modern apostles. Modern apostles words, prophesies and teachings are equal with and in addition to the teachings of Christ, the Apostles and scripture. Scripture cannot be sufficient for this to be the case.

They hawk their books and ask for donations so that modern Christianity can take dominion over towns, cities and territories. This is based on a false teaching that we as believers are to be establishing God’s kingdom here on earth. As apostles they speak for God and teach that this form of dominionism is the task of the church. Holy Scripture doesn’t teach us to establish the Kingdom by overthrowing Satan but the illusion is cast and people are fooled into funding these people because they are God’s new mouthpiece. The Apostles rake in the cash, the masses who follow them are made poorer and history has again repeated itself. It is necessary to fund them because their books are the only means of having this new knowledge.

Here is comment of Luther as he fought the NAR of his day:

When they pretend that they are about to fight the Turks, they send out emissaries to raise money. They often issue indulgences on the same pretext of fighting the Turks. They think that those half–witted Germans will always be gullible, stupid fools, and will just keep handing over money to them to satisfy their unspeakable greed. And they think this in spite of the fact that everybody knows that not a cent of the annates, or of the indulgence money, or of all the rest, is spent to fight the Turk. It all goes into their bottomless bag. They lie and deceive. They make laws and they make agreements with us, but they do not intend to keep a single letter of them. Yet all this is done in the holy name of Christ and St. Peter.

Fundamentalism: The sneaking suspicion that somewhere, someone, might be having fun.

It’s a far more holy act to serve the neighbor than to focus on how holy your belly button is. Literally and figuratively.

Last edited by littlecanoe; 07-14-2018 at 09:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #104 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 09:52 AM

If we ever wonder what Jesus meant, we can always ask Him, He is alive, you know.
He also promised to be an ever present help.

Come quickly, Lord Jesus
post #105 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

Gun Cabinet

I contend that the many videos that I have posted and the theology and practice of Radical Charismatics demonstrates all too well what happens when people “listen for God to speak to them”.

Fundamentalism: The sneaking suspicion that somewhere, someone, might be having fun.

It’s a far more holy act to serve the neighbor than to focus on how holy your belly button is. Literally and figuratively.
post #106 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecanoe View Post
I contend that the many videos that I have posted and the theology and practice of Radical Charismatics demonstrates all too well what happens when people “listen for God to speak to them”.
Our history is rich with rich prophetic preachers who have a direct link to the Lord, and talk to him personally.

http://dustoffthebible.com/Blog-arch...make-all-year/

I don't think of myself as a staunch Republican or Democrat.
I am a Christian and a Conservative...........In that order!
post #107 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

Gun Cabinet

Are you speaking of NAR influenced churches and or radical Charismatics.

post #108 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nw_hunter View Post
Our history is rich with rich prophetic preachers who have a direct link to the Lord, and talk to him personally.

http://dustoffthebible.com/Blog-arch...make-all-year/
I do not believe that site as I have seen more reliable news sources and while those boys are rich, no where near that.
Crouch was dead several years before that article was written. His wife is also dead.
A bit of beating a dead horse out of spite and hate.

I have never heard of some of them.
I do not put all wealthy pastors in Canoe's NAR category.
Being rich is not the same as preaching whack job bs, those who LC mentioned.
I have not listened to any for several years now but the ones I did, at least on their TV shows used the Bible, BUT the last time I heard Dollar he was using the bible out of context.
Sad compared to what he preached fifteen years ago.
To many of these with direct line to God are probably hearing Satan whisper in their ear.

RR

Last edited by Bob Riebe; 07-15-2018 at 12:51 PM.
post #109 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 02:07 PM

pity sent

Come quickly, Lord Jesus
post #110 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

Gun Cabinet

Bob. I’m thinking NW was a bit tongue in cheek with the linky link.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page