Jehovah's Witnesses expose' tomorrow - Page 32 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #311 of 365 (permalink) Old 11-29-2018, 06:42 PM

Gun Cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argent11 View Post
Oh yeah man. Catholics get buck naked, paint their butts blue. Dance around a fire throwing leaves in the air for virility.
You know about that? It is supposed to be a secret.
Caesar.burning down his girlfriend's library??? I was not aware that Caesar burned down anything. I thought that all that was left for.Nero.
Vatican library.....one can use the Vatican library. It is open for research to members of academic faculties and to scholars who can demonstrate that they involved in serious.projects.
This restricted access is the norm for any archive anywhere that houses valuable documents from antiquity.

About priests dressing up like clowns and other things done to fool the "gullible"..... It may help to take into consideration that those practices originated at a time when the average Christian did not have a copy of the scriptures and probably would not have been able to read it if one was available. Different means were needed to bring religion to him. The rest is history and maintaining a connection to the history.

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer.
The readiness is all.
“Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games.” Ernest Hemingway ...

Last edited by Darkgael; 11-29-2018 at 06:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #312 of 365 (permalink) Old 11-29-2018, 08:46 PM

Location: Southern Indiana surrounded by federal public land, Hoosier National Forrest

Do ANY of you guys preach any where else other than the internet?

"Last seen wandering Hoosier National Forest."
post #313 of 365 (permalink) Old 11-29-2018, 09:02 PM

Better than Joel Osteen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #314 of 365 (permalink) Old 11-29-2018, 09:53 PM

Gun Cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkgael View Post
It may help to take into consideration that those practices originated at a time when the average Christian did not have a copy of the scriptures and probably would not have been able to read it if one was available. Different means were needed to bring religion to him. The rest is history and maintaining a connection to the history.
Very good points. I believe that there would be much less division within American churches if our ancestors had valued history and traditions a bit more and places less emphasis on our tendency to try and reinvent everything. A lot was lost that may never be reclaimed.

Fundamentalism: The sneaking suspicion that somewhere, someone, might be having fun.
post #315 of 365 (permalink) Old 11-29-2018, 10:33 PM

Gun Cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Ryan View Post
Surely not I.

Pete

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer.
The readiness is all.
“Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games.” Ernest Hemingway ...
post #316 of 365 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 04:53 AM

I was mistaken. My apologies to you sir.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironglow View Post
The temple was considered holy, because the ark was located there, in the "holy of holies"..where God dwelt in presence.

Now, when 2 or more gather together to pray or worship him, he promises he will be there... doesn't even have to be a building. It can be in your car or in a foxhole !

Never said a single person on earth was holy? Ummm.. look again...

" And they will call them, “The holy people, The redeemed of the LORD”; And you will be called, “Sought out, a city not forsaken.” (Isaiah 62:12)

See also (Daniel 12:7) (Deut 7:6) plus others.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!

Last edited by lloyd smale; 11-30-2018 at 05:54 AM.
post #317 of 365 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 05:51 AM

your either on crack or uneducated or are just plain full of hate
Catholics DO NOT worship mary We do hold her in high asteme as you do your mother
Catholics DO NOT worship a pope that is just stupid
Pope infallible. Not a chance he is just a man. All men have failings
When a catholic says father forgive me he is saying God forgive me as we are all children of God. Keep twisting though.
dress up like clowns. Priests have dawned robes since the inception of Christianity and we are not the only church to do so. Maybe we should be so lacks as to wear jeans and a t shirt and use the local watering holes bar for an alter. How does it differ from a judge wearing a robe or a university president wearing a robe or you putting on a tux to get married in or a military issuing dress blues or many companys like the one I worked for as a lineman issuing uniforms or your pastor wearing a suit and tie or the same collar a catholic priest wears???
Every church amases riches. Many evenagilistic churches are run by hucksters that drive Mercedes and own mansions. tell me what church spends the most in charity to help less fortunate people is it yours? the catholic church feeds more hungry people then probably all the other churches combined.
Roseary is an idol. I can make the same comment about how some of you worship the bible! A roseary is used to count prayers.
Which priest told you we consider ourselves the one and only church? My guess is you must be 300 years old if one did. Look up the definition of catholic sometime. Its universals. All chirstians. We weren't the ones who decided to change that meaning.
Last rites are given to every soldier that dies or is dieing on the battle field when theres a chaplin there. Do you have funeral services. Do you not pray in them?
Do you have enough brain power to distinguish between a statue the commemorates someone we respect and an idol. I could say that everyone down south worships statues of Lee or the rebel flag. I could say mount rushmore is an idol! Every nativity scene that's erected this time of year is no different then a statue of mary or a saint in a catholic church. would you join the atheists in trying to remove them from your sight????
Like I said the religion you practice the church you go to owes its existance to the catholic church. Just as we do to the jewish faith. Trace it back and far enough and you are calling your own ansesters cultists. Definition of a cult is a small group of believers that think outside of main stream thoughts and are consider sinister by others. Id say that fits your tiny little religions a lot closer then the biggest oldest Christian church that ever existed (other then Judaism which is older) . You sir are just full of hatred and prejudice. You criticize what you don't understand. People like you do more toward the eventual death of Christianity then atheists do. You twist truths and cause dissension and waste your time attacking people that are on your side. You are so blind with hate you cant even see through the red and see your real enemy. Bugeye fits you well. If you think your attitude is going to get you into heaven and is sanctioned by Jesus Christ then even Jim Jones had a good shot at heaven. There is no use in you looking back at this thread because you don't see past your hate anyway. I will pray that the message of Jesus somehow is shown to you. That he shows you that hate has no place in heaven. That he somehow can bust through the hatred and show you the errors in your ways and allows you to be a Christian not just wear the title. In the mean time maybe you should look into some counseling for your hate issues. Or maybe join the KKK or go to church with like minded people like Byron. You would probably feel at home where your hate is welcomed. By the way you forgot one! the pope is the anti christ and is coming for you! We all are we had a secret meeting last night planning our attack!! We all danced naked in the church in a ceremony to bring back your cultist ancestors to build our army of the dead we worship to destroy you. Mary was there and we sacrificed 10 babies to her and when it was all done we filled the church with Gold had an orgy on top of it!! Our priest declared himself God on earth and we all kissed his feet and swore alegence to him. when we were all done some of us stayed late and melted the organ pipes down and casted a bunch of bullets so get ready its coming there
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugeye View Post
I'm gonna answer Lloyd and then not even look in on this thread.
catholics worship Mary, mother of Jesus.
catholics worship the "holy father in Rome."
catholics say the "holy father in Rome" is infallible.
catholics ask the "father" to forgive them.
catholic priests etc. dress up like clowns to make the gullible think they are special.
the vatican has amassed great riches while people go hungry.
catholics have a string of beads that they use to pray. idol worship.
catholics think they are the one true church.
catholics think they can be prayed into heaven when they die. (depends on the bribe to the priest)
catholics are idol worshipers. (they forget about GOD'S anger over the golden calf)

And Lloyd, I don't live in a $200,000 house, and my idea of a pole barn has never met with favor.
And, if you compare the percentage of my income that goes to good causes, with the percentage of the vaticans income that goes to good causes, the vatican is lagging way behind.

Now, write one of your 10.000 word responses, that I won't see, and continue to bore everyone with your defense of the biggest CULT in the world.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
post #318 of 365 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 07:19 AM

Location: 3 miles NW of Brownells retail store and they keep me broke!

I used to play on a fast pitch softball team with one of our Catholic Priests. He was a super nice guy however after every game he and a couple other guys would sit in the park and get hammered. Many nights one of his congregation a local police officer would swing by and take him home. That would be public intox to anyone else.

Then during a pregame get together he ask me when when I had been to confession last. My response was to the effect of last night after I had devotions when I said prayers before I went to bed. He responded with when have you last been in a confessional booth.. It irked me a bit. I politely told him that Christ paid the penalty for my sin on the cross and my Bible says that there is on mediator between God and man and that isn't you bub!!!! He had nothing to do with me after that...........and I'm good with it!

It was pretty evident that he didn't think that I could access God's forgiving grace on my own.....my Bible says differently!
post #319 of 365 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd smale View Post
I was mistaken. My apologies to you sir.
Thank you Lloyd..that is a "man up" moment..good for you..

"Politically correct" language, is really Orwellian 'newspeak'. (Michael Cutler)
post #320 of 365 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 10:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Ryan View Post
Yes, I do Jack. I both teach and preach upon occasion. I do not preach against other denominations from the pulpit, since that is not the place for that.

While teaching...beyond then cults, I do not cast warning about other denominations. With the cults, that is a different story, since I believe they are leading people AWAY from salvation.

Whether teaching or preaching, I am open to the "Berean challenge"... after the message or during the class, feel free to challenge me with scripture, if you think I have strayed..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. (Acts 17:11)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

I think you will find that Pastorp, TeamNelson..perhaps Deacon and others also do same or more.

"Politically correct" language, is really Orwellian 'newspeak'. (Michael Cutler)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page