Jehovah's Witnesses expose' tomorrow - Page 33 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #321 of 365 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 10:41 AM

Gun Cabinet

Lloyd: post #317.....spot on. Well said.

Pete

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer.
The readiness is all.
“Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games.” Ernest Hemingway ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #322 of 365 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 10:46 AM

Catholics DO NOT worship mary We do hold her in high asteme as you do your mother
Catholics DO NOT worship a pope that is just stupid

This is true, in fact there been a lot of Popes this one included, who were not very popular with those of
the faith. So they were largely just tolerated or ignored altogether. And Catholics do not worship Mary,
that's been a myth for a very long time. Never in my life have I had Priest tell me hang on a minute let
me call Rome and see what they have to say.

Last edited by Argent11; 11-30-2018 at 10:53 AM.
post #323 of 365 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 10:48 AM

Gun Cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugeye View Post
I'm gonna answer Lloyd and then not even look in on this thread.
catholics worship Mary, mother of Jesus.
catholics worship the "holy father in Rome."
catholics say the "holy father in Rome" is infallible.
catholics ask the "father" to forgive them.
catholic priests etc. dress up like clowns to make the gullible think they are special.
the vatican has amassed great riches while people go hungry.
catholics have a string of beads that they use to pray. idol worship.
catholics think they are the one true church.
catholics think they can be prayed into heaven when they die. (depends on the bribe to the priest)
catholics are idol worshipers. (they forget about GOD'S anger over the golden calf) ...
It breaks my heart that people actually believe this to be true. And nothing will ever change their mind

Can y'all get back to bashing JW's now?

Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute. Currently a Gentleman of Leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #324 of 365 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 11:06 AM

As far as a Priest being just a man. I don't see it as any different than some Baptist Preachers near the end
of the service saying anyone in need of healing come forward. Then they tell the Preacher what their affliction is.
Then he prays over them anointing their forehead with olive oil. I mean he's just a man.

Last edited by Argent11; 11-30-2018 at 11:22 AM.
post #325 of 365 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 11:42 AM

Location: Southern Indiana surrounded by federal public land, Hoosier National Forrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironglow View Post
Yes, I do Jack. I both teach and preach upon occasion. I do not preach against other denominations from the pulpit, since that is not the place for that.

While teaching...beyond then cults, I do not cast warning about other denominations. With the cults, that is a different story, since I believe they are leading people AWAY from salvation.

Whether teaching or preaching, I am open to the "Berean challenge"... after the message or during the class, feel free to challenge me with scripture, if you think I have strayed..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. (Acts 17:11)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

I think you will find that Pastorp, TeamNelson..perhaps Deacon and others also do same or more.

Generally in life, I've found that people who have to preach against something don't have much of their own to offer.

I've since applied that pretty liberally to politicians, preachers and gun enthusiasts all the same.

"Last seen wandering Hoosier National Forest."
post #326 of 365 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 11:43 AM

Location: 3 miles NW of Brownells retail store and they keep me broke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argent11 View Post
As far as a Priest being just a man. I don't see it as any different than some Baptist Preachers near the end
of the service saying anyone in need of healing come forward. Then they tell the Preacher what their affliction is.
Then he prays over them anointing their forehead with olive oil. I mean he's just a man.
I've never seen any anointing foreheads with oil in a Baptist Church and it doesn't have to be the preacher praying over you as any believer has a direct line to God through Jesus.

Now there might be a church in the deep south that goes by "Baptist" where you have to get bit by a snake or two... if you survive then you are right with God. In that case I'm in trouble because this old timer isn't getting bit by any snake on purpose.

There are Catholics that vari in their beliefs with other Catholics the same as Baptists and the rest. One of my very best friends is Catholic and we agree to disagree on some points but we agree whole heartedly on what the gospel has to say concerning sin, forgiveness through the blood of Christ and repentance. We will be together in heaven one day even though my church has a different name over the door.....and it is no longer Baptist and hasn't been for a good while. I will be singing praises in heaven one day with a bunch of Baptists too. If it even matters , some of those Baptists will be surprised that I made it seeings how I like my contemporary christian music which include those awful drums that are of the devil.....my Harley Davidson was evil too. You know" be not conformed to this world." So was I supposed to wear a loin cloth? My great grandpa's diary says it best. He was completely distraught because the little little Baptist Church in Chickasaw County was considering getting a piano back 100+years ago. "Why those dag blame things was meant for honky tonks with saloon girls and not for a house of worship." there isn't a Baptist Church without one now.....septin maybe the snake biting Baptists. On and on it goes......
post #327 of 365 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Ryan View Post
Generally in life, I've found that people who have to preach against something don't have much of their own to offer.

I've since applied that pretty liberally to politicians, preachers and gun enthusiasts all the same.
Perhaps the most important part of any serious preaching is; "by grace alone, by faith alone...through Christ alone.

"Politically correct" language, is really Orwellian 'newspeak'. (Michael Cutler)
post #328 of 365 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa&hisguns View Post
I've never seen any anointing foreheads with oil in a Baptist Church and it doesn't have to be the preacher praying over you as any believer has a direct line to God through Jesus.

Now there might be a church in the deep south that goes by "Baptist" where you have to get bit by a snake or two... if you survive then you are right with God. In that case I'm in trouble because this old timer isn't getting bit by any snake on purpose.

There are Catholics that vari in their beliefs with other Catholics the same as Baptists and the rest. One of my very best friends is Catholic and we agree to disagree on some points but we agree whole heartedly on what the gospel has to say concerning sin, forgiveness through the blood of Christ and repentance. We will be together in heaven one day even though my church has a different name over the door.....and it is no longer Baptist and hasn't been for a good while. I will be singing praises in heaven one day with a bunch of Baptists too. If it even matters , some of those Baptists will be surprised that I made it seeings how I like my contemporary christian music which include those awful drums that are of the devil.....my Harley Davidson was evil too. You know" be not conformed to this world." So was I supposed to wear a loin cloth? My great grandpa's diary says it best. He was completely distraught because the little little Baptist Church in Chickasaw County was considering getting a piano back 100+years ago. "Why those dag blame things was meant for honky tonks with saloon girls and not for a house of worship." there isn't a Baptist Church without one now.....septin maybe the snake biting Baptists. On and on it goes......
Serious prayer from an earnest heart can often do the job.. James says "the effective , fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much".

But James didn't just stop there..he also endorsed another method of prayer while seeking God's favor;

Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: (James 5:14)

"Politically correct" language, is really Orwellian 'newspeak'. (Michael Cutler)
post #329 of 365 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 12:54 PM

I've seen it being done before. Or coming into a home with olive oil and using it to cast out any evil spirits. Being just a man,sometimes means he takes it upon himself to be something he isn't. The owner of the
home thought that was a bit strange so did his wife. Then he asked later is this some form of a Baptist
Exorcism?

Last edited by Argent11; 11-30-2018 at 01:05 PM.
post #330 of 365 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 12:56 PM

Location: 3 miles NW of Brownells retail store and they keep me broke!

You can throw fasting in there as well. "Earnest Prayer" says it all. We are to come boldly before the throne of God and our prayers are to be earnest and fervent!

I know personally that when I have a real burden for someone and I pray with that as my focus then God hears that payer and answers. However when someone asks me to pray for their cousin Bob's uncle's brother who fell of the porch.....not so much!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page