K Copeland prophecy for 2018 - Page 4 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 116 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironglow View Post
It is a tough task, breaking the news to you Beave...but God was never called Jehovah, until circa 1530 AD !

Now, here is a little clue you can take back to your watchtower "scholars". The ancient Hebrew alphabet, had no vowels !

God's name was composed to the equivalent of ...YHWH ..

Some translators, while trying to make the reading easier for European Christians, added vowels to the 4 consonants.

They knew full well what they were doing, but figured medieval readers would be capable of understanding the reason why the vowels were added.

However, here we are in the 21st century, and a select few, still do not "get it".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah

https://www.gotquestions.org/Jehovah.html

Truly, if one feels the need to add vowels the term "Yahweh" would likely be closer to the original

well now , you seem to have a problem. you like using the name
Jesus and yet it is also transliterated . if you like using Yahweh ,YHWH ,God , then nock your self out .

Joshua 24:15 …..But as for me and my household, we will serve Jehovah.”
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 116 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swim-with-beavers View Post
well now , you seem to have a problem. you like using the name
Jesus and yet it is also transliterated . if you like using Yahweh ,YHWH ,God , then nock your self out .

Joshua 24:15 …..But as for me and my household, we will serve Jehovah.”

NO! I was only replying to your attempt at correction in post #23. I gave you God's reserved name .."I AM".. You tried to correct me with a name reconstituted with vowels.
So, it is you watchtower slaves, who have a problem ! You have based your whole cult on a constructed name for your organization...

Jesus is transliterated, Jehovah is reconstructed..

Here's a note for you...Jesus is transliterated from our OT name Yeshua (Joshua)…

The meaning behind the name Yeshua is,.... "Yahweh saves".. Isn't that interesting ..how informed Christ followers still say "Jesus saves".

"Politically correct" language, is really Orwellian 'newspeak'. (Michael Cutler)

Last edited by ironglow; 01-18-2019 at 11:07 AM.
post #33 of 116 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironglow View Post
NO! I was only replying to your attempt at correction in post #23. I gave you God's reserved name .."I AM".. You tried to correct me with a name reconstituted with vowels.
So, it is you watchtower slaves, who have a problem ! You have based your whole cult on a constructed name for your organization...

Jesus is transliterated, Jehovah is reconstructed..

Here's a note for you...Jesus is transliterated from our OT name Yeshua (Joshua)…

The meaning behind the name Yeshua is,.... "Yahweh saves".. Isn't that interesting ..how informed Christ followers still say "Jesus saves".
“I am Jehovah. That is my name; I give my glory to no one else, nor my praise to graven images.”
Isaiah 42:8

I suppose I could come up with about 70 scriptures that show Jehovah God reaffirming who he is . I Am surprised you did not know I Am is not a name . you, how do you refer to your self ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 116 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 04:05 PM

Quote:
“I am Jehovah. That is my name; I give my glory to no one else, nor my praise to graven images.”
Isaiah 42:8

I suppose I could come up with about 70 scriptures that show Jehovah God reaffirming who he is . I Am surprised you did not know I Am is not a name . you, how do you refer to your self ?
Here is a list of translations only three of them use Jehovah but in another thread is was explained how that came about.
If the translators had turned his name into Larry, you would be Larry's Witness, correct name or not.

New International Version
"I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not yield my glory to another or my praise to idols.

New Living Translation
"I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not give my glory to anyone else, nor share my praise with carved idols.

English Standard Version
I am the LORD; that is my name; my glory I give to no other, nor my praise to carved idols.

Berean Study Bible
I am the LORD; that is My name! I will not give My glory to another or My praise to idols.

New American Standard Bible
"I am the LORD, that is My name; I will not give My glory to another, Nor My praise to graven images.

King James Bible
I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

Christian Standard Bible
I am the LORD. That is my name, and I will not give my glory to another or my praise to idols.

Contemporary English Version
My name is the LORD! I won't let idols or humans share my glory and praise.

Good News Translation
"I alone am the LORD your God. No other god may share my glory; I will not let idols share my praise.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
I am Yahweh, that is My name; I will not give My glory to another or My praise to idols.

International Standard Version
I, the LORD, am the one, and I won't give my name and glory to another, nor my praise to idols.

NET Bible
I am the LORD! That is my name! I will not share my glory with anyone else, or the praise due me with idols.

New Heart English Bible
"I am the LORD. That is my name. I will not give my glory to another, nor my praise to engraved images.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
I am the LORD; that is my name. I will not give my glory to anyone else or the praise I deserve to idols.

JPS Tanakh 1917
I am the LORD, that is My name; And My glory will I not give to another, Neither My praise to graven images.

New American Standard 1977
“I am the LORD, that is My name; I will not give My glory to another, Nor My praise to graven images.

Jubilee Bible 2000
I am the LORD. This is my name, and my glory I will not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

King James 2000 Bible
I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

American King James Version

American Standard Version
I am Jehovah, that is my name; and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise unto graven images.

Brenton Septuagint Translation
I am the Lord God: that is my name: I will not give my glory to another, nor my praises to graven images.

Douay-Rheims Bible
I the Lord, this is my name: I will not give my glory to another, nor my praise to graven things.

Darby Bible Translation
I am Jehovah, that is my name; and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

English Revised Version
I am the LORD; that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise unto graven images.

Webster's Bible Translation

World English Bible
"I am Yahweh. That is my name. I will not give my glory to another, nor my praise to engraved images.

Young's Literal Translation
I am Jehovah, this is My name, And Mine honour to another I give not, Nor My praise to graven images.

RR
post #35 of 116 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Riebe View Post
Here is a list of translations only three of them use Jehovah but in another thread is was explained how that came about.
If the translators had turned his name into Larry, you would be Larry's Witness, correct name or not.

New International Version
"I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not yield my glory to another or my praise to idols.

New Living Translation
"I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not give my glory to anyone else, nor share my praise with carved idols.

English Standard Version
I am the LORD; that is my name; my glory I give to no other, nor my praise to carved idols.

Berean Study Bible
I am the LORD; that is My name! I will not give My glory to another or My praise to idols.

New American Standard Bible
"I am the LORD, that is My name; I will not give My glory to another, Nor My praise to graven images.

King James Bible

Christian Standard Bible
I am the LORD. That is my name, and I will not give my glory to another or my praise to idols.

Contemporary English Version
My name is the LORD! I won't let idols or humans share my glory and praise.

Good News Translation
"I alone am the LORD your God. No other god may share my glory; I will not let idols share my praise.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
I am Yahweh, that is My name; I will not give My glory to another or My praise to idols.

International Standard Version
I, the LORD, am the one, and I won't give my name and glory to another, nor my praise to idols.

NET Bible
I am the LORD! That is my name! I will not share my glory with anyone else, or the praise due me with idols.

New Heart English Bible
"I am the LORD. That is my name. I will not give my glory to another, nor my praise to engraved images.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
I am the LORD; that is my name. I will not give my glory to anyone else or the praise I deserve to idols.

JPS Tanakh 1917
I am the LORD, that is My name; And My glory will I not give to another, Neither My praise to graven images.

New American Standard 1977
“I am the LORD, that is My name; I will not give My glory to another, Nor My praise to graven images.

Jubilee Bible 2000
I am the LORD. This is my name, and my glory I will not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

King James 2000 Bible

American King James Version

American Standard Version
I am Jehovah, that is my name; and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise unto graven images.

Brenton Septuagint Translation
I am the Lord God: that is my name: I will not give my glory to another, nor my praises to graven images.

Douay-Rheims Bible
I the Lord, this is my name: I will not give my glory to another, nor my praise to graven things.

Darby Bible Translation
I am Jehovah, that is my name; and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

English Revised Version
I am the LORD; that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise unto graven images.

Webster's Bible Translation

World English Bible
"I am Yahweh. That is my name. I will not give my glory to another, nor my praise to engraved images.

Young's Literal Translation
I am Jehovah, this is My name, And Mine honour to another I give not, Nor My praise to graven images.
why LORD (in upper case letters ) ?
During the second or third century of the Common Era, the scribes substituted the words Kyʹri·os (Lord) and The·osʹ (God) for the divine name, Jehovah, in copies of the Greek Septuagint translation of the Hebrew Scriptures. Other translations, such as the Latin Vulgate, the Douay Version (based on the Vulgate), and the King James Version, as well as numerous modern translations (NE, AT, RS, NIV, TEV, NAB), followed a similar practice. The divine name was replaced by the terms “God” and “Lord,” generally in all-capital letters in English to indicate the substitution for the Tetragrammaton, or divine name.
post #36 of 116 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 04:48 PM

Bob Riebe what I am saying is that many bibles have been doctored to remove the Name of God
post #37 of 116 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 04:56 PM

Psalm 83:18 KJV
post #38 of 116 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Bob Riebe what I am saying is that many bibles have been doctored to remove the Name of God
No they are merely using what they think will work in language other than the original, which is impossible as the original had no vowels so it is a matter of using what they like, best and you boys picked Jehovah.

Jehovah
1530, Tyndale's transliteration of Hebrew Tetragrammaton YHWH using vowel points of Adhonai "my lord" (see Yahweh). Used for YHWH (the full name being too sacred for utterance) in four places in the Old Testament in the KJV where the usual translation the lord would have been inconvenient; taken as the principal and personal name of God.

The vowel substitution was originally made by the Masoretes as a direction to substitute Adhonai for "the ineffable name." European students of Hebrew took this literally, which yielded Latin JeHoVa (first attested in writings of Galatinus, confessor to Leo X, 1516). Jehovah's Witnesses "member of Watchtower Bible and Tract Society" first attested 1933; the organization founded c. 1879 by Charles Taze Russell (1852-1916); the name from Isaiah xliii.10.

As I said, it is a good they did not pick Larry.

RR
post #39 of 116 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 11:42 AM

Originally, all were YHWH..but in some later translations, some translators accepted the Jehovah name, after it was put in use post 1530.

Perhaps a bit of sloppy translating.

"Politically correct" language, is really Orwellian 'newspeak'. (Michael Cutler)
post #40 of 116 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Riebe View Post
Quote:
No they are merely using what they think will work in language other than the original, which is impossible as the original had no vowels so it is a matter of using what they like, best and you boys picked Jehovah.

Jehovah
1530, Tyndale's transliteration of Hebrew Tetragrammaton YHWH using vowel points of Adhonai "my lord" (see Yahweh). Used for YHWH (the full name being too sacred for utterance) in four places in the Old Testament in the KJV where the usual translation the lord would have been inconvenient; taken as the principal and personal name of God.

The vowel substitution was originally made by the Masoretes as a direction to substitute Adhonai for "the ineffable name." European students of Hebrew took this literally, which yielded Latin JeHoVa (first attested in writings of Galatinus, confessor to Leo X, 1516). Jehovah's Witnesses "member of Watchtower Bible and Tract Society" first attested 1933; the organization founded c. 1879 by Charles Taze Russell (1852-1916); the name from Isaiah xliii.10.

As I said, it is a good they did not pick Larry.
it would seem you don't know how many times his name has been covered up

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page