Graybeard Outdoors

Graybeard Outdoors (https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.php)
-   Religious Discussion (https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/156-religious-discussion.html)
-   -   K Copeland prophecy for 2018 (https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/156-religious-discussion/388972-k-copeland-prophecy-2018-a.html)

littlecanoe 01-13-2019 09:49 PM

K Copeland prophecy for 2018

Kenneth Copeland said that God told him, almost audibly, that 2018 would be the year of Holy Ghost and Fire throughout America and Canada, all of North America. Does anyone know if this came true?

swim-with-beavers 01-13-2019 11:04 PM

maybe he meant 1918 ….that was not a good year

littlecanoe 01-15-2019 08:09 AM

No. He clearly said 2018 and his sidekick confirmed it.

I personally didn’t see anything resembling what he claimed would happen. Didn’t even hear about such a thing.

If it didn’t happen and he was in the OT era he would be stoned as a false prophet. Nowadays he just gets richer.

Bob Riebe 01-15-2019 01:49 PM

I first heard Copeland twenty two years ago, it is sad how some preachers get so full of themselves .
I have only watched his show three or four times in the past ten years and the change is obvious but when one gets full of one's self , one is blind to one's own change.

Now I will say the "Me Too" disaster was **** fire hitting Hollywood and Dem. but Copeland seems to like to hear himself boast.
The dude standing next to him, you could see, was trying to hit the mute button for Copeland, and almost looked like he was going to start laughing.

ironglow 01-15-2019 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swim-with-beavers (Post 2055827420)
maybe he meant 1918 ….that was not a good year

No, Beave..no.. It was 1914..

That was the year the Watchtower predicted would be the "end of the world" (in 1914)

https://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/f...redictions.php

We haven't seen your "paradise on earth" yet! No babies lying down peacefully with wolves or playing with cobras..

DEACONLLB 01-15-2019 02:21 PM

Much like Orel Roberts begging for money and saying a 18 foot Jesus appeared to him and said if you dont get in so many millions of dollars I will kill you he never got his millions and died years later of natural causes.

Deaconllb

powderman 01-15-2019 05:30 PM

As usual, I see NOTHING. CHARLIE.

ironglow 01-15-2019 05:41 PM

I guess I could have tuned in to Copeland's video, but I didn't bother. I read his number the first time I saw him, many years ago..

swim-with-beavers 01-15-2019 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironglow (Post 2055828328)

That was the year the Watchtower predicted would be the "end of the world" (in 1914)

We haven't seen your "paradise on earth" yet! No babies lying down peacefully with wolves or playing with cobras..

naw . I was making fun of that looser .BTW some bad things did happened in 1918

Dee 01-15-2019 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swim-with-beavers (Post 2055828460)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ironglow (Post 2055828328)

SWB, are you JW, or have you just been pinned with the moniker?

swim-with-beavers 01-15-2019 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dee (Post 2055828464)

I am that I am

Dee 01-15-2019 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swim-with-beavers (Post 2055828480)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dee (Post 2055828464)

I am that I am

Is that a yes?

ironglow 01-15-2019 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swim-with-beavers (Post 2055828480)
I am that I am

You applied that name to yourself, do you know what you just did ?

ironglow 01-15-2019 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swim-with-beavers (Post 2055828460)

Yes, some bad things happened that year.. We entered WW1, the worldwide flu epidemic, taking millions of lives.

See, if your prophets had been right in 1914, the world may have been spared all that pain.

lloyd smale 01-16-2019 04:26 AM

No man knows when the world will end. Anyone who claims so is a false prophet. ANY man who claims to know is just looking for fame or money or are just wack jobs! Its been the catalyst for milking money out of people for centuries.

lloyd smale 01-16-2019 04:28 AM

that's kind of a stretch ironglow. Especially considering he doesn't even believe he was. Im sure it was just in jest.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ironglow (Post 2055828640)

swim-with-beavers 01-16-2019 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironglow (Post 2055828640)

God’s reply in Hebrew was: ʼEh·yehʹ ʼAsherʹ ʼEh·yehʹ. Some translations render this as “I AM THAT I AM.” However, it is to be noted that the Hebrew verb ha·yahʹ, from which the word ʼEh·yehʹ is drawn, does not mean simply “be.” Rather, it means “become,” or “prove to be.” The reference here is not to God’s self-existence but to what he has in mind to become toward others. Therefore, the New World Translation properly renders the above Hebrew expression as “I SHALL PROVE TO BE WHAT I SHALL PROVE TO BE.” Jehovah thereafter added: “This is what you are to say to the sons of Israel, ‘I SHALL PROVE TO BE has sent me to you.’”—Ex 3:14, ftn.
That this meant no change in God’s name, but only an additional insight into God’s personality, is seen from his further words: “This is what you are to say to the sons of Israel, ‘Jehovah the God of your forefathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.’ This is my name to time indefinite, and this is the memorial of me to generation after generation.” The name Jehovah comes from a Hebrew verb that means “to become,” and a number of scholars suggest that the name means “He Causes to Become.” This definition well fits Jehovah’s role as the Creator of all things and the Fulfiller of his purpose. Only the true God could rightly and authentically bear such a name.

This aids one in understanding the sense of Jehovah’s later statement to Moses: “I am Jehovah. And I used to appear to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob as God Almighty, but as respects my name Jehovah I did not make myself known to them.” (Ex 6:2,*3)

swim-with-beavers 01-16-2019 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lloyd smale (Post 2055828678)
No man knows when the world will end. Anyone who claims so is a false prophet. ANY man who claims to know is just looking for fame or money or are just wack jobs! Its been the catalyst for milking money out of people for centuries.

Jesus does not even know .only the father knows. so much for them being equal

Dee 01-16-2019 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swim-with-beavers (Post 2055828730)
Quote:

Originally Posted by lloyd smale (Post 2055828678)

Jesus does not even know .only the father knows. so much for them being equal

Well, I would agree with both here, and Christ did say only the Father knows.

ironglow 01-16-2019 10:05 AM

Something to think SERIOUSLY about;

God has reserved the name "I AM" for himself... Read here in Exodus 3,

3 And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?
14 And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you.

Jesus himself affirmed that he was God, when he claimed the same name, the jews on scene realized that by calling bhimself I AM..he was calling himself GOD, and set to stone him for it !..check John 8 ;

58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by. (KJV)

Jesus continually referred to himself as I AM..the critical point that few understand is that any Jew using that title claimed by God for himself, would be inviting a stoning by fellow Jews.

https://www.fh.org/2014/03/24/jesus-great/

To refer to yourself as you did in post #11 , could be considered as blasphemous.

...Walk softly...

Bob Riebe 01-16-2019 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swim-with-beavers (Post 2055828692)
God’s reply in Hebrew was: ʼEh·yehʹ ʼAsherʹ ʼEh·yehʹ. Some translations render this as “I AM THAT I AM.” However, it is to be noted that the Hebrew verb ha·yahʹ, from which the word ʼEh·yehʹ is drawn, does not mean simply “be.” Rather, it means “become,” or “prove to be.” )

You are spewing bovine excrement again, just like the JW rewrite of the Bible.

The phrase translated “I am who I am” in Hebrew is ehyeh asher ehyeh. The word ehyeh is the first person common singular of the verb to be. It would be used in any number of normal situations: “I am watching the sheep,” “I am walking on the road,” or “I am his father.” However, when used as a stand-alone description, I AM is the ultimate statement of self-sufficiency, self-existence, and immediate presence. God’s existence is not contingent upon anyone else. His plans are not contingent upon any circumstances. He promises that He will be what He will be; that is, He will be the eternally constant God. He stands, ever-present and unchangeable, completely sufficient in Himself to do what He wills to do and to accomplish what He wills to accomplish.

What does "Yahveh" mean?
As he revealed it to Moses, God's full name is actually Ehyeh asher Ehyeh — "I will be what I will be." Ehyeh is the Qal imperfect first person form of the verb havah: "I will be."

ironglow 01-16-2019 10:31 AM

An example of Jesus part of the triune God head is found in John 8;

24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

swim-with-beavers 01-16-2019 12:26 PM

so , what does it mean when Jehovah says " I am jehovah" ? is he saying jehovah,Jehovah? lol.

swim-with-beavers 01-16-2019 12:28 PM

btw when some one says I am they are only referring to them selves . it's not a name

bugeye 01-16-2019 02:26 PM

Bob, IG, JWs aren't smart enough to study and learn. I'm afraid that short of a miracle, they are lost.
All you can do is pray for that miracle.

swim-with-beavers 01-16-2019 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bugeye (Post 2055828890)
Bob, IG, JWs aren't smart enough to study and learn. I'm afraid that short of a miracle, they are lost.

bug are you on the space station cause you are way out there

lloyd smale 01-17-2019 05:08 AM

do you ever post anything that isn't narcissistic hatred? You sound more like a Klan member then a Christian. Its one thing to disagree with someone's doctrines but to stereotype them all as being stupid sounds a lot like the way blacks were looked on over a 100 years ago. Must feel good to be so special.
Quote:

Originally Posted by bugeye (Post 2055828890)

ironglow 01-17-2019 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swim-with-beavers (Post 2055828840)
so , what does it mean when Jehovah says " I am jehovah" ? is he saying jehovah,Jehovah? lol.

It is a tough task, breaking the news to you Beave...but God was never called Jehovah, until circa 1530 AD !

Now, here is a little clue you can take back to your watchtower "scholars". The ancient Hebrew alphabet, had no vowels !

God's name was composed to the equivalent of ...YHWH ..

Some translators, while trying to make the reading easier for European Christians, added vowels to the 4 consonants.

They knew full well what they were doing, but figured medieval readers would be capable of understanding the reason why the vowels were added.

However, here we are in the 21st century, and a select few, still do not "get it".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah

https://www.gotquestions.org/Jehovah.html

Truly, if one feels the need to add vowels the term "Yahweh" would likely be closer to the original

littlecanoe 01-17-2019 07:21 AM

I checked with Kenneth Copeland. This is what he and a cohort say about the language and names.

littlecanoe 01-17-2019 07:39 AM

Maybe our resident Full Gospellers could interpret this conversation.

swim-with-beavers 01-17-2019 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironglow (Post 2055829112)
It is a tough task, breaking the news to you Beave...but God was never called Jehovah, until circa 1530 AD !

Now, here is a little clue you can take back to your watchtower "scholars". The ancient Hebrew alphabet, had no vowels !

God's name was composed to the equivalent of ...YHWH ..

Some translators, while trying to make the reading easier for European Christians, added vowels to the 4 consonants.

They knew full well what they were doing, but figured medieval readers would be capable of understanding the reason why the vowels were added.

However, here we are in the 21st century, and a select few, still do not "get it".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah

https://www.gotquestions.org/Jehovah.html

Truly, if one feels the need to add vowels the term "Yahweh" would likely be closer to the original

well now , you seem to have a problem. you like using the name
Jesus and yet it is also transliterated . if you like using Yahweh ,YHWH ,God , then nock your self out .

Joshua 24:15 …..But as for me and my household, we will serve Jehovah.”

ironglow 01-18-2019 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swim-with-beavers (Post 2055829528)
well now , you seem to have a problem. you like using the name
Jesus and yet it is also transliterated . if you like using Yahweh ,YHWH ,God , then nock your self out .

Joshua 24:15 …..But as for me and my household, we will serve Jehovah.”

NO! I was only replying to your attempt at correction in post #23. I gave you God's reserved name .."I AM".. You tried to correct me with a name reconstituted with vowels.
So, it is you watchtower slaves, who have a problem ! You have based your whole cult on a constructed name for your organization...

Jesus is transliterated, Jehovah is reconstructed..

Here's a note for you...Jesus is transliterated from our OT name Yeshua (Joshua)…

The meaning behind the name Yeshua is,.... "Yahweh saves".. Isn't that interesting ..how informed Christ followers still say "Jesus saves".

swim-with-beavers 01-18-2019 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironglow (Post 2055829874)
NO! I was only replying to your attempt at correction in post #23. I gave you God's reserved name .."I AM".. You tried to correct me with a name reconstituted with vowels.
So, it is you watchtower slaves, who have a problem ! You have based your whole cult on a constructed name for your organization...

Jesus is transliterated, Jehovah is reconstructed..

Here's a note for you...Jesus is transliterated from our OT name Yeshua (Joshua)…

The meaning behind the name Yeshua is,.... "Yahweh saves".. Isn't that interesting ..how informed Christ followers still say "Jesus saves".

“I am Jehovah. That is my name; I give my glory to no one else, nor my praise to graven images.”
Isaiah 42:8

I suppose I could come up with about 70 scriptures that show Jehovah God reaffirming who he is . I Am surprised you did not know I Am is not a name . you, how do you refer to your self ?

Bob Riebe 01-18-2019 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swim-with-beavers (Post 2055830078)
“I am Jehovah. That is my name; I give my glory to no one else, nor my praise to graven images.”
Isaiah 42:8

I suppose I could come up with about 70 scriptures that show Jehovah God reaffirming who he is . I Am surprised you did not know I Am is not a name . you, how do you refer to your self ?

Here is a list of translations only three of them use Jehovah but in another thread is was explained how that came about.
If the translators had turned his name into Larry, you would be Larry's Witness, correct name or not.

New International Version
"I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not yield my glory to another or my praise to idols.

New Living Translation
"I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not give my glory to anyone else, nor share my praise with carved idols.

English Standard Version
I am the LORD; that is my name; my glory I give to no other, nor my praise to carved idols.

Berean Study Bible
I am the LORD; that is My name! I will not give My glory to another or My praise to idols.

New American Standard Bible
"I am the LORD, that is My name; I will not give My glory to another, Nor My praise to graven images.

King James Bible
I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

Christian Standard Bible
I am the LORD. That is my name, and I will not give my glory to another or my praise to idols.

Contemporary English Version
My name is the LORD! I won't let idols or humans share my glory and praise.

Good News Translation
"I alone am the LORD your God. No other god may share my glory; I will not let idols share my praise.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
I am Yahweh, that is My name; I will not give My glory to another or My praise to idols.

International Standard Version
I, the LORD, am the one, and I won't give my name and glory to another, nor my praise to idols.

NET Bible
I am the LORD! That is my name! I will not share my glory with anyone else, or the praise due me with idols.

New Heart English Bible
"I am the LORD. That is my name. I will not give my glory to another, nor my praise to engraved images.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
I am the LORD; that is my name. I will not give my glory to anyone else or the praise I deserve to idols.

JPS Tanakh 1917
I am the LORD, that is My name; And My glory will I not give to another, Neither My praise to graven images.

New American Standard 1977
“I am the LORD, that is My name; I will not give My glory to another, Nor My praise to graven images.

Jubilee Bible 2000
I am the LORD. This is my name, and my glory I will not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

King James 2000 Bible
I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

American King James Version

American Standard Version
I am Jehovah, that is my name; and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise unto graven images.

Brenton Septuagint Translation
I am the Lord God: that is my name: I will not give my glory to another, nor my praises to graven images.

Douay-Rheims Bible
I the Lord, this is my name: I will not give my glory to another, nor my praise to graven things.

Darby Bible Translation
I am Jehovah, that is my name; and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

English Revised Version
I am the LORD; that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise unto graven images.

Webster's Bible Translation

World English Bible
"I am Yahweh. That is my name. I will not give my glory to another, nor my praise to engraved images.

Young's Literal Translation
I am Jehovah, this is My name, And Mine honour to another I give not, Nor My praise to graven images.

swim-with-beavers 01-18-2019 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Riebe (Post 2055830110)
Here is a list of translations only three of them use Jehovah but in another thread is was explained how that came about.
If the translators had turned his name into Larry, you would be Larry's Witness, correct name or not.

New International Version
"I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not yield my glory to another or my praise to idols.

New Living Translation
"I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not give my glory to anyone else, nor share my praise with carved idols.

English Standard Version
I am the LORD; that is my name; my glory I give to no other, nor my praise to carved idols.

Berean Study Bible
I am the LORD; that is My name! I will not give My glory to another or My praise to idols.

New American Standard Bible
"I am the LORD, that is My name; I will not give My glory to another, Nor My praise to graven images.

King James Bible

Christian Standard Bible
I am the LORD. That is my name, and I will not give my glory to another or my praise to idols.

Contemporary English Version
My name is the LORD! I won't let idols or humans share my glory and praise.

Good News Translation
"I alone am the LORD your God. No other god may share my glory; I will not let idols share my praise.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
I am Yahweh, that is My name; I will not give My glory to another or My praise to idols.

International Standard Version
I, the LORD, am the one, and I won't give my name and glory to another, nor my praise to idols.

NET Bible
I am the LORD! That is my name! I will not share my glory with anyone else, or the praise due me with idols.

New Heart English Bible
"I am the LORD. That is my name. I will not give my glory to another, nor my praise to engraved images.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
I am the LORD; that is my name. I will not give my glory to anyone else or the praise I deserve to idols.

JPS Tanakh 1917
I am the LORD, that is My name; And My glory will I not give to another, Neither My praise to graven images.

New American Standard 1977
“I am the LORD, that is My name; I will not give My glory to another, Nor My praise to graven images.

Jubilee Bible 2000
I am the LORD. This is my name, and my glory I will not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

King James 2000 Bible

American King James Version

American Standard Version
I am Jehovah, that is my name; and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise unto graven images.

Brenton Septuagint Translation
I am the Lord God: that is my name: I will not give my glory to another, nor my praises to graven images.

Douay-Rheims Bible
I the Lord, this is my name: I will not give my glory to another, nor my praise to graven things.

Darby Bible Translation
I am Jehovah, that is my name; and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

English Revised Version
I am the LORD; that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise unto graven images.

Webster's Bible Translation

World English Bible
"I am Yahweh. That is my name. I will not give my glory to another, nor my praise to engraved images.

Young's Literal Translation
I am Jehovah, this is My name, And Mine honour to another I give not, Nor My praise to graven images.

why LORD (in upper case letters ) ?
During the second or third century of the Common Era, the scribes substituted the words Kyʹri·os (Lord) and The·osʹ (God) for the divine name, Jehovah, in copies of the Greek Septuagint translation of the Hebrew Scriptures. Other translations, such as the Latin Vulgate, the Douay Version (based on the Vulgate), and the King James Version, as well as numerous modern translations (NE, AT, RS, NIV, TEV, NAB), followed a similar practice. The divine name was replaced by the terms “God” and “Lord,” generally in all-capital letters in English to indicate the substitution for the Tetragrammaton, or divine name.

swim-with-beavers 01-18-2019 04:48 PM

Bob Riebe what I am saying is that many bibles have been doctored to remove the Name of God

swim-with-beavers 01-18-2019 04:56 PM

Psalm 83:18 KJV

Bob Riebe 01-18-2019 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swim-with-beavers (Post 2055830132)
Bob Riebe what I am saying is that many bibles have been doctored to remove the Name of God

No they are merely using what they think will work in language other than the original, which is impossible as the original had no vowels so it is a matter of using what they like, best and you boys picked Jehovah.

Jehovah
1530, Tyndale's transliteration of Hebrew Tetragrammaton YHWH using vowel points of Adhonai "my lord" (see Yahweh). Used for YHWH (the full name being too sacred for utterance) in four places in the Old Testament in the KJV where the usual translation the lord would have been inconvenient; taken as the principal and personal name of God.

The vowel substitution was originally made by the Masoretes as a direction to substitute Adhonai for "the ineffable name." European students of Hebrew took this literally, which yielded Latin JeHoVa (first attested in writings of Galatinus, confessor to Leo X, 1516). Jehovah's Witnesses "member of Watchtower Bible and Tract Society" first attested 1933; the organization founded c. 1879 by Charles Taze Russell (1852-1916); the name from Isaiah xliii.10.

As I said, it is a good they did not pick Larry.

ironglow 01-22-2019 11:42 AM

Originally, all were YHWH..but in some later translations, some translators accepted the Jehovah name, after it was put in use post 1530.

Perhaps a bit of sloppy translating.

swim-with-beavers 01-22-2019 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Riebe (Post 2055830194)
Quote:

Originally Posted by swim-with-beavers (Post 2055830132)

No they are merely using what they think will work in language other than the original, which is impossible as the original had no vowels so it is a matter of using what they like, best and you boys picked Jehovah.

Jehovah
1530, Tyndale's transliteration of Hebrew Tetragrammaton YHWH using vowel points of Adhonai "my lord" (see Yahweh). Used for YHWH (the full name being too sacred for utterance) in four places in the Old Testament in the KJV where the usual translation the lord would have been inconvenient; taken as the principal and personal name of God.

The vowel substitution was originally made by the Masoretes as a direction to substitute Adhonai for "the ineffable name." European students of Hebrew took this literally, which yielded Latin JeHoVa (first attested in writings of Galatinus, confessor to Leo X, 1516). Jehovah's Witnesses "member of Watchtower Bible and Tract Society" first attested 1933; the organization founded c. 1879 by Charles Taze Russell (1852-1916); the name from Isaiah xliii.10.

As I said, it is a good they did not pick Larry.

it would seem you don't know how many times his name has been covered up

Bob Riebe 01-22-2019 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swim-with-beavers (Post 2055832836)
it would seem you don't know how many times his name has been covered up

Who Larry?

swim-with-beavers 01-22-2019 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Riebe (Post 2055832874)
Who Larry?

Matthew 7:23

Bob Riebe 01-22-2019 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swim-with-beavers (Post 2055832928)
Matthew 7:23

22 On that day many will say to me Lord Lord did we not prophesy in your name and in your name cast out demons and in your name do many mighty works

23 And then will I declare to them I never knew you go away from me, you who practice lawlessness.

A single verse out of context your point is?

swim-with-beavers 01-22-2019 10:00 PM

you dont know his name ,he does not know yours

Bob Riebe 01-22-2019 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swim-with-beavers (Post 2055833038)
you dont know his name ,he does not know yours

Jesus does not care about picayune pettiness which what his name would be.
All he cares about is that you have faith in his Gospel; after that it is frosting on the cake.
The end of 23 says what that is about.

swim-with-beavers 01-23-2019 05:40 AM

Then Jesus said to him: “Go away, Satan! For it is written: ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’” Matthew 4:10

but you of course are tiring to say Jesus is God . how odd that Satan could tell the difference and you cant or it just does not fit into your agenda.

why is it you have not yet discerned that Jesus is an ''agent'' of God ?? but then again that does not fit into your agenda .

littlecanoe 01-23-2019 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlecanoe (Post 2055827388)
https://youtu.be/AQiOE4r6YT0

Kenneth Copeland said that God told him, almost audibly, that 2018 would be the year of Holy Ghost and Fire throughout America and Canada, all of North America. Does anyone know if this came true?

Can we get back to Kenneth Copeland?

Is there any evidence that 2018 was a “year of Holy Ghost and Fire throughout America and Canada”?

Does anyone know of evidence to support his prophecy coming true?

swim-with-beavers 01-23-2019 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlecanoe (Post 2055833152)
Quote:

Is there any evidence that 2018 was a “year of Holy Ghost and Fire throughout America and Canada”?

which god? even Satan can be called a god

littlecanoe 01-23-2019 08:32 AM

Please start your own post if you want to continue to debate your personal beliefs. This thread topic is very different than your line of palaver.

Bob Riebe 01-23-2019 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlecanoe (Post 2055833152)

Now you leave poor old Kenny alone, he can preach a good sermon in his one-half hour shows but sadly when he has more time he gets pixilated and starts verbally flatulating.:tango_face_devil:

2018 was God's year in the fact the liberals and Rinos are being exposed for the lying two-faced human debris they are.
If I met him, I would ask define Holy Ghost and Fire, though I am quite sure he would snap at me like taking a bone from a dog.

But all these terms that preachers of that denomination, what ever it is, and some are far worst than others, Jubilee is the one that annoys me most, make them sound like medicine show barkers, though as I said, old Kenny and Jesse Duplantis in their one half hour shows preached the Bible well.
People hearing those and not going to the two hour church services, get a good message.

Twenty years ago I thought Copeland was different from Benny Hinn and his bowling pin show, but now they are getting to be same crap different pile.

rosewood 01-23-2019 10:56 AM

Lost any respect for Copeland when I heard about his justification for the need for private jets. The money spent on those jets could have been used to support hundreds of missionaries or poor folks, orphanages etc.

Rosewood

goodshot 01-23-2019 11:27 AM

There are some revealing videos of some of the tv preachers, I used to watch and attempt to learn of the Father through his ministry, and G-d will continue to lead some to do so at that part of their growth in the Lord, Jesse and Kenny do live very, very, well at others expense. I don't see the humility and contrition that the Father requires of us all.

swim-with-beavers 01-23-2019 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlecanoe (Post 2055833196)
Please start your own post if you want to continue to debate your personal beliefs. This thread topic is very different than your line of palaver.

that interesting that you would say that .all my beliefs are strictly from scripture .

littlecanoe 01-23-2019 06:35 PM

He “prophesies” lies in the name of God, therefore, he is a false prophet. As a false prophet he has nothing related to truth of which to teach anyone.

rosewood 01-24-2019 06:33 AM

I disagree. Even Satan knows truth, that is how he twists it. He uses truth against us all the time. He continually reminds us of our sins and short comings.

God even can use a false prophet to teach his word. My ex had been reading her Bible regularly, then she got hooked up with some Jehovah Witness. After Bible studying (the JH Bible) with them for awhile, she came to realize they were teaching a lot of things that were un-Biblical. There are a lot of truths in what they teach, but there are a lot of lies mixed in. You can learn from both if you temper them with the real Bible.

Rosewood

littlecanoe 01-24-2019 08:01 AM

I wouldn’t disagree. When the word is read the Holy Spirit can use that word to work in a persons heart. I don’t believe that Mr Copeland or other false prophets/teachers have truth to share based on their knowledge of the Word and commitment to traditional Christian faith.

The great thing with the prophet types is that it is easy to tell if they are legitimate based on the truth or their predictions. It’s so simple that you don’t really need to compare their message. They quickly prove that they are not of God and the discerning mind can then turn them off.

Bob Riebe 01-24-2019 03:28 PM

I checked the Copeland Wiki site, for the first time in years and it is now much larger due to problems with the legal church and money, all in the last ten years.

Copeland was Oral Roberts pilot and I think his corrupted ministry is due to Copeland trying to be more and more like Roberts, not the Bible preacher teaching God's word he once was twenty years ago.
It also answered why his one half hour shows are now so much different from his church services; his Believers Voice of Victory is a dedicated out of the Bible show, which when I watched, it was different his Sunday show sermons, even before he go so full of himself , were always in a different track.

Sad, very sad.

bugeye 01-24-2019 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosewood (Post 2055833286)
Lost any respect for Copeland when I heard about his justification for the need for private jets. The money spent on those jets could have been used to support hundreds of missionaries or poor folks, orphanages etc.

Rosewood

Yep, if a Church is not on the verge of bankruptcy, they're not doing their job.

swim-with-beavers 01-24-2019 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bugeye (Post 2055834250)
Quote:

Originally Posted by rosewood (Post 2055833286)

Rosewood

Yep, if a Church is not on the verge of bankruptcy, they're not doing their job.

seems like there be some thing wrong with that thought

goodshot 01-25-2019 04:33 AM

Shouldn't be that way. wouldn't be that way, the 10% tithe is just the regular amount, the church was to exalt Christ and be exalted and prosperous to the point the Jews would realize the error of not accepting the messiah when he came.

lloyd smale 01-25-2019 05:51 AM

Did Jesus say you have to give a certain amount of money to the church so they can teach the Jews the error of there ways? I thought Jesus preached that you should give away ALL of your earthly possesions and never even said to give it to him he said to give to Ceaser what is Ceasers. Where do you come up with this stuff. You claim your beliefs are based solely on scripture. You must have a different bible then ive ever seen.
Quote:

Originally Posted by goodshot (Post 2055834518)
Shouldn't be that way. wouldn't be that way, the 10% tithe is just the regular amount, the church was to exalt Christ and be exalted and prosperous to the point the Jews would realize the error of not accepting the messiah when he came.

lloyd smale 01-25-2019 05:56 AM

Don't buy this either. If that's the case any pastor that isn't getting foreclosure notices on his house and repo notices on his car is not doing his job. We are the chuch. Are we condemned to **** if we go and buy a new gun or car instead of giving that money to the church. Shouldn't we be on the verge of bankruptcy too? Guess im going to ****. I give what I feel is a fair amount to my church every sunday. THE AMMOUNT I FEEL IS FAIR. Not the amount man has determined is proper. I refuse to put it in a church envelope because I don't feel anyone including my priests has any business knowing how much I give. Ive told him that and he had no problem with it. I can remember when the catholic church used to actually post once a year how much everyone in the pairsh gave right where you walked into the church. That was just wrong in so many ways!
Quote:

Originally Posted by bugeye (Post 2055834250)

littlecanoe 01-25-2019 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodshot (Post 2055834518)

I have no knowledge of this being taught anywhere in scripture. If prosperity is to be a mark of the believer most of the church has never been saved. This is definitely not a scriptural doctrine.

Dee 01-25-2019 10:46 AM

Proverbs 3 9 is a good place to start there are many verses concerning tithing

Bob Riebe 01-25-2019 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dee (Post 2055834720)

Good post, it gives action-reaction.

bugeye 01-25-2019 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dee (Post 2055834720)

We don't give a set percentage. We give as we have prospered, and GOD has really been good to us.
https://biblehub.com/kjv/1_corinthians/16-2.htm

goodshot 01-25-2019 07:24 PM

That happens if we do it right doesn't it? he gladdens the heart to giving, makes us unhappy to do anything else but give.
I know a couple who each got a word from the Lord on what they should increase their giving to, they hadn't talked to each other yet and when the did on the way home from church they each were given the same figure.
best wishes

lloyd smale 01-26-2019 04:39 AM

God has never talked to me and if and when he does id sure hope it is much more profound then telling me I need to give 20 bucks more to the collection plate.

swim-with-beavers 01-26-2019 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lloyd smale (Post 2055835268)
God has never talked to me and if and when he does id sure hope it is much more profound then telling me I need to give 20 bucks more to the collection plate.

he has been talking but you are not listening

rev, 18:4 And I heard another voice out of heaven say: “Get out of her, my people, if you do not want to share with her in her sins, and if you do not want to receive part of her plagues. 5 For her sins have massed together clear up to heaven, and God has called her acts of injustice to mind.

you dont have a lot of time to decide if you are one of his people or not

goodshot 01-26-2019 11:23 AM

People who don't recognize the guidance of the Creator they will soon stand before tend to be too thick to recognize Him.
Jesus told use Holy Spirit will guide, speak and show.

bugeye 01-26-2019 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lloyd smale (Post 2055834528)
Don't buy this either. If that's the case any pastor that isn't getting foreclosure notices on his house and repo notices on his car is not doing his job. We are the chuch. Are we condemned to **** if we go and buy a new gun or car instead of giving that money to the church. Shouldn't we be on the verge of bankruptcy too? Guess im going to ****. I give what I feel is a fair amount to my church every sunday. THE AMMOUNT I FEEL IS FAIR. Not the amount man has determined is proper. I refuse to put it in a church envelope because I don't feel anyone including my priests has any business knowing how much I give. Ive told him that and he had no problem with it. I can remember when the catholic church used to actually post once a year how much everyone in the pairsh gave right where you walked into the church. That was just wrong in so many ways!

Ignorance, thy name is Lloyd. Use a little common sense for a change.
Nobody would want the preacher to be on the verge of bankruptcy, he is hired help, and doesn't fall under the same umbrella as the "church."
Our Church pays its utilities, its employees, its mortgage, and then spends the rest helping folks. Just like a church should.
Occasionally, they get in a bind, and tell us how much they are short, and ask for help, and we give it. Just like a Church should.

goodshot 01-26-2019 01:46 PM

Yes Bugeye, I didn't want to be the first one that noticed, glad to see you have as well.
So very sad Lloyd doesn't seem very bright and cannot to communicated with.
best wishes brother

Bob Riebe 01-26-2019 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lloyd smale (Post 2055835268)

There is verses] in the Bible that to paraphrase say it is better to not give that to give greatly with a grudge.

Dee 01-26-2019 03:48 PM

Hmmmmmm

Bob Riebe 01-26-2019 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodshot (Post 2055835540)
Yes Bugeye, I didn't want to be the first one that noticed, glad to see you have as well.
So very sad Lloyd doesn't seem very bright and cannot to communicated with.
best wishes brother

That insult is against forum rules and contrary to how the Bible says a true Christian should act with arrogance being -- Proverbs 26:12 " Do you see a man who is wise in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him", congratulations.

Bob Riebe 01-26-2019 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bugeye (Post 2055835498)
Ignorance, thy name is Lloyd. Use a little common sense for a change.
Nobody would want the preacher to be on the verge of bankruptcy, he is hired help, and doesn't fall under the same umbrella as the "church."
Our Church pays its utilities, its employees, its mortgage, and then spends the rest helping folks. Just like a church should.
Occasionally, they get in a bind, and tell us how much they are short, and ask for help, and we give it. Just like a Church should.

Then why do you have a preacher if he is not part of the church?
You don't need one.

bugeye 01-26-2019 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Riebe (Post 2055835700)
Then why do you have a preacher if he is not part of the church?
You don't need one.

He is part of the Church as the body of members are the Church.
He is hired to preach, teach, counsel, and generally make himself useful.
He is not worshiped like you apparently worship your preacher.

The biggest problem I see with people today, is, preacher worship.
Yes he chose the ministry and obtained a degree in his field.
And since you seem to worship them, do you worship doctors, engineers, veterinarians, etc.??
probably. :)

The church building is not THE Church. It's just a building.

The preacher is hired based on his degree, and other criteria looked for by the Elders.
But the Elders do not hire him until he has preached there and the Church, as a body tell them to go ahead.
You worship your preacher, I will worship my Savior, Jesus.

ironglow 02-02-2019 09:24 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by bugeye (Post 2055834920)
We don't give a set percentage. We give as we have prospered, and GOD has really been good to us.
https://biblehub.com/kjv/1_corinthians/16-2.htm

Our preacher never preaches on giving/tithing ...he has no need to ! Here is where the independent churches operate a bit differently from what I call the heirarchy churches.
The independent church calls and hires it's own pastor. If the congregation is well fed from scripture and the under shepherd is doing his job well..the congregation will feed well in return. It may seem tough, but that way th e"cream rises to the top" ! Some folks believe they are called, but sometimes the truth must become self-evident.
Our Pastor is not paid a luxurious wage..but a decent, liveable wage...and he and his wife are pleased and happy to serve.

Unless I see it wrong, it seems the hierarchy churches and the independents have a different view of the clergy..The priest ..minister etc in a hierarchy church, seems to hold a position somewhat elevated from the rest in the local church.

In the independent church, the Pastor is the one who has the gift of preaching, instruction and leading and is appointed to do so...and paid a wage to do it full time. That is not to say others do not have such gifts, but the pastor is generally bhe one with substantial training and is dedicated to full time service.
Our local church, pictured below, just a couple years ago, was only the tall, front part shown. Since then, we have added a new addition to the rear, a new roof and blacktopped driveway, along with remodeling the entire interior of the sanctuary (Original part).
We are conservative folks...w have done this ...and do not owe a dime on it ! We also give generously to missions around the world.

How does that happen in a township where the median income is $41, 670 ? Well, we saved for some time and then decided to contribute enough to do the job.
Why add so much to our little country church? Well, unlike many...we are growing, and one of the most needy mission fields is right here in the U.S.A. If you doubt that, just notice the language over TV and on the web..

ironglow 02-02-2019 09:29 AM

BTW: Across the driveway to the right of the picture, is a home that was built in conjunction with a local Christian organization (founded by my son), the local American Legion post and our church, and is on church land.
It is for 2 severely handicapped boys (now about 14 &16) who require that even their air be filtered . They and their family can live there free of charge for as long as those boys need it, which is likely, all their lives.

littlecanoe 02-02-2019 09:34 AM

Quote:

Heading back to the beginning, I’ve haven’t read any confirmation that Mr Copeland and his grin monkey were accurate in their “prophetic utterance”. In the OT these guys would have garnered the reward of a good stoning to death because they lied and misrepresented God. Anyone want to speak on their behalf and save them?

ironglow 02-02-2019 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlecanoe (Post 2055840100)
Heading back to the beginning, I’ve haven’t read any confirmation that Mr Copeland and his grin monkey were accurate in their “prophetic utterance”. In the OT these guys would have garnered the reward of a good stoning to death because they lied and misrepresented God. Anyone want to speak on their behalf and save them?

Sorry..but much as I respect many of my Christian brothers here..i think the prophets died with the apostles. Still though we disagree, that conviction or lack of, will not keep either of us from heaven.

goodshot 02-02-2019 11:59 AM

Then G-d isn't the same, yesterday, today, and forever.

bugeye 02-02-2019 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironglow (Post 2055840104)
Sorry..but much as I respect many of my Christian brothers here..i think the prophets died with the apostles. Still though we disagree, that conviction or lack of, will not keep either of us from heaven.

I've never seen a single prophecy come true from these self proclaimed prophets.

The most ridiculous was a 900 foot tall Jesus by oral roberts.

So, I totally agree with you.

goodshot 02-02-2019 05:52 PM

It doesn't work that way, that is why G-d's movement in this is held in disregard.
We have gotten used to making what should be our personal relationship with the Creator through the person of Jesus Christ into something we do, a place we go, once in a while to do something
that G-d will approve of. That is how the worship show people thrive, I only do what the Father guides me to do, and only go where the Father guides me to go. Many here do as well, I am sure,
the hucksters programs on TV and elsewhere are not a part of our lives.
Those who are not obedient to the Father may find themselves tuning into those wrong teachings
and end up mad at everybody else in the world.
best wishes

littlecanoe 02-02-2019 07:06 PM

Or they could end up saying gobbledygook gobbledygook gobbledygook and calling it communion with God.

B E has never seen one of these prophet types get anything right. Neither have I. The same BSers are scattered all over YouTube. I’ve posted several of their gobbledygook prophecies and they are the same as “CRAZY-EYES KEN”.

Hey. What about Hagan and the blood moons? What ever happened with his prophecies? Yous guys make big claims, just like your claims of healing. Ya tell big stories but the evidence is never seen; never witnessed; it’s just “hey. Ya gotta take my word”. Seems a bit odd that in Jesus day you couldn’t keep it quiet because THAT, what He did, was real and proved that He was God.

You had a chance to show the board how it works when I asked you to heal my foot. Ya didna come through. But then, maybe that’s not the “way it works”.

Bob Riebe 02-02-2019 07:25 PM

This prophecy is like most of them, street-hustler style, not specifics, no detail so they cannot be said to be wrong because they may say -- Well I never said h, q or f.

They are preying on people who take half-truths as close or good enough.

When they start their prayer with -- some one out there is blah, blah, blah they pick a thing that there is a 99.999999 percent chance some one out there has and is listening.
All you have to do is check some medical paper where a problem usually is located or starts and say: There is some one out there whose turd is stuck in their rectum, that is now being healed.-- This program was brought to you by Ex-Lax.

bugeye 02-02-2019 07:47 PM

GOD has to have his hand in it for a prophecy to come true.
And like Ironglow said, when the disciples died, miracles and prophecies ceased.

Now some say miracles happen with prayer, but I call it divine providence.
God does indeed work in people's lives, and answers prayers, and heals, but that's his bailiwick, a miracle to us is just a thought to GOD. He's awesome.

goodshot 02-02-2019 08:29 PM

When we read the writings of the "Church Fathers", those who led the church after the death of the disciples, we see they had some of the same issues in how to regulate the Gifts of the Spirit
their predecessors did, the gifts could not have stopped. We may have forgotten how to access them.
He really does want His church back, one at a time.
blessings

Bob Riebe 02-02-2019 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodshot (Post 2055840450)
When we read the writings of the "Church Fathers", those who led the church after the death of the disciples, we see they had some of the same issues in how to regulate the Gifts of the Spirit
their predecessors did, the gifts could not have stopped. We may have forgotten how to access them.

ON this you are probably correct.:cool:

swim-with-beavers 02-02-2019 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dee (Post 2055835600)
Hmmmmmm

yeah...….Hummmmm

littlecanoe 02-03-2019 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodshot (Post 2055840450)
He really does want His church back, one at a time.
blessings

I have been looking for evidence of this post apostolic practice. I have not found it in the post Apostolic Fathers writings. If you have found such evidence I’d appreciate references so that I read up.

To say that the Apostles, Paul in particular, addressed this would be true. Paul specifically blistered the butts of the Corinthians for their abuses.

Again GS. You, as an enlightened practitioner, have a blank canvas here on this forum. You have made great claims about what you are to be about. You “prayed that the pain be gone from the old lady” a couple weeks ago and saved her from the need to go to the doctor. I have a particular physical ailment at the moment. All you have to do is “do God’s will and the works that Christ did” and fix me up. The problem starts at my right AC joint, follows the SCM and causes tension and mild pain at the right mastoid process. I’ve got you dialed right in. Now for that prayer.

ironglow 02-03-2019 09:02 AM

I normally return to scripture for answers, here from (Deut 18:22 ESV)
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… ……………………..
"when a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word that the LORD has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him."

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… ………………………………….

Where the word "prophesy" is found in Corinthians, kit is referring to preaching.. preaching the prophecies we already have in the bible.

That's my $ .02..take it or trash it !

It may bring more credibility to some churches if they were to roundly condemn any "prophet" among them, who states a "word of prophesy" which with the passage of time, proves untrue. "Out with the false prophets", would help to build credibility of such bodies.

bugeye 02-03-2019 09:17 AM

I've enjoyed reading the prophecies about the coming of Christ in the OT.
But Isaiah 53:2 bothers me a little. according to that verse he was pretty ugly etc.:tango_face_surprise

littlecanoe 02-03-2019 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironglow (Post 2055840626)
I normally return to scripture for answers, here from (Deut 18:22 ESV)
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… ……………………..
"when a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word that the LORD has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him."

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… ………………………………….

Where the word "prophesy" is found in Corinthians, kit is referring to preaching.. preaching the prophecies we already have in the bible.

That's my $ .02..take it or trash it !

It may bring more credibility to some churches if they were to roundly condemn any "prophet" among them, who states a "word of prophesy" which with the passage of time, proves untrue. "Out with the false prophets", would help to build credibility of such bodies.

True. To get to that point it must first be established that such an “-rg-n-z-t—n” is actually part of The Church. Using the name of God doesn’t make it so, saying spiritualesque things and using religious language a part of The Church doesn’t make. Gobbledygook is still gobbledygook.

ironglow 02-03-2019 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bugeye (Post 2055840638)
I've enjoyed reading the prophecies about the coming of Christ in the OT.
But Isaiah 53:2 bothers me a little. according to that verse he was pretty ugly etc.:tango_face_surprise

Actually Bugeye, that verse brings me some comfort.

For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. (Isaiah 53:2)

That verse gives me real encouragement ! It is so typical of our Heavenly Father! Why? ..Because he uses the simple to confound the wise and the base to confound the mighty ! (1 Cor 1:27)

Consider, he caused his only son to be born in a cattle manger..to a peasant girl. Because if the babe were born in a castle, it would not impress people to follow his greatness...it would be expected..
For instance, God used a timid Gideon to use 30 guys to beat an entire army.. used teenaged David to kill the Philistines' giant champion..and employed a slave boy named Joseph to become the vizier of Egypt !

To top it off, he placed a harlot of Jericho (Rahab) and a widow Moabite in the family tree of the King of Kings !

I believe vs 53:2 is not saying that Jesus was ugly...but that he was quite "average". Remember, that last night..in the garden; Judas had to kiss Jesus..so the temple guard could differentiate him from the apostles.

Otherwise, Judas would only have to said, "grab the ugly guy" !

To me; Isaiah 53:2 points out God's plan in detail..how he said he would use the plain to flummox the fancy.

bugeye 02-03-2019 05:59 PM

Well IG, everything you said makes perfect sense. I really hadn't thought about the kiss in the garden.
I had always thought that he had a more commanding presence.

ironglow 02-03-2019 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bugeye (Post 2055840950)
Well IG, everything you said makes perfect sense. I really hadn't thought about the kiss in the garden.
I had always thought that he had a more commanding presence.

A more commanding presence may have left an opening for detractors to say.."people only follow him because he is so charismatic and so impressive in looks and physique".

All tolled however..being a peasant carpenter of quite average looks and appearance..that lie would have eluded them.

bugeye 02-03-2019 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironglow (Post 2055840954)
A more commanding presence may have left an opening for detractors to say.."people only follow him because he is so charismatic and so impressive in looks and physique".

All tolled however..being a peasant carpenter of quite average looks and appearance..that lie would have eluded them.

Good thinking on GOD's part.:tango_face_grin:

ironglow 02-03-2019 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bugeye (Post 2055840956)
Good thinking on GOD's part.:tango_face_grin:

Clearly, he had it figured before time began..:tango_face_wink:

goodshot 02-03-2019 08:38 PM

His plan is ALWAYS the best plan.
best wishes