Have people gone to heaven and returned. - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 95 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

Gun Cabinet
Default Have people gone to heaven and returned.

This subject has come up in the past. Many people have made claims that they have gone to heaven and come back to this realm. To name a few, Jessie Duplantis, Colton Burpo, Don Piper have made the claim.

This is a brief look at their claims.

Fundamentalism: The sneaking suspicion that somewhere, someone, might be having fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 95 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 01:54 PM

Pure hogwash, I'm on the fence about near death experiences, though my deceased FIL had one and was angry that he was resuscitated.
I think that once you've made it to Heaven and seen GOD, you won't be back.

So again, the folks making the claim are full of BS.

HEAVEN HAS A WALL, A GATE, AND A STRICT IMMIGRATION POLICY.
HEII HAS OPEN BORDERS. taken from fox news

DEMOCRATS/ABORTIONISTS SHOULD TAKE HEED OF THE FACT THAT BABIES ARE GOD'S MOST PRECIOUS.

MURDER BABIES AND YOU "WILL" BURN FOR ETERNITY.
post #3 of 95 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugeye View Post
Pure hogwash, I'm on the fence about near death experiences, though my deceased FIL had one and was angry that he was resuscitated.
I think that once you've made it to Heaven and seen GOD, you won't be back.

So again, the folks making the claim are full of BS.

^^^^^This.

A cable car to Heaven? Give me a break.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 95 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 02:38 PM

My significant other did so when she was a child and hit by a bus.

Too many people are so full of -- if I can't do it no one can -- their world is very small.

Now I have not watched the video yet but I heard Jesse D. speak of it and I do feel many TV preachers are using what others have done in a bogus manner.

RR
post #5 of 95 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 02:46 PM

I flatlined and had an NDE, and had to be zapped twice. According to people who were there and the Doctors.
But to be completely honest I don't remember a single thing about it. A lot of diffence between that and
what these guys are claiming.

Near death isn't completely dead, not yet. But you go any farther than that, then i agree with Bug your not coming back.

Last edited by Argent11; 04-07-2019 at 02:53 PM.
post #6 of 95 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 03:13 PM

Amnesia is assciated with ND,the longer you are down. If they are able to bring you back, the worse it is.
But the Doctors were right, the more you associate with those who knew you, the more your memory
returns. It isn't a shock like in the movies, for me it's been bits and pieces.

Some of which your not real proud of and wonder why you were once like that.
If Jesus allows you a new lease on life. You don't come back the same as you
were. Some memory's I think he feels like they are better left alone.

Last edited by Argent11; 04-07-2019 at 03:21 PM.
post #7 of 95 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

Gun Cabinet

Bob

Itís worth the 18 minutes. Pretty clear Biblical proof against it happening. Having said that, people experience stuff and put a name on the experience. Iím not gonna say that they didnít experience SOMETHING. I donít believe that charismatics experience God by the ways and means that they claim. I DO believe that they experience something, just not of God. In cases such as this I believe none of what I hear and half or less of what I see.

Fundamentalism: The sneaking suspicion that somewhere, someone, might be having fun.
post #8 of 95 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argent11 View Post
I flatlined and had an NDE, and had to be zapped twice. According to people who were there and the Doctors.
But to be completely honest I don't remember a single thing about it. A lot of diffence between that and
what these guys are claiming.

Near death isn't completely dead, not yet. But you go any farther than that, then i agree with Bug your not coming back.
Dead is dead, to put a == well you were not really dead == means what Jesus and the disciples did by reviving the dead is a farce.
The decaying of he body, or lack of is a difference.
It is done by faith, prayer and God deciding he is not going let your stupidity have its just reward, this time.
When one dies, it affects other people, not just the one who dies.

When my sig. died, an old man with long white hair and a beard said -- one of our little ones has returned-- he looked in a book and told her she had to go back. She told him she did not want to but he said you have to.
She asked when she could come back and he told her not for a long, long time.
The she was back.

I have been on the far side of death twice and friends asked me if I had a NDE and I said no.
They said because of my belief in God I should have had one, which is a bit weird as they do not believe in God even near the degree I do.

RR
post #9 of 95 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 09:30 PM

I don't know but wonder if these people with nde are having a dream ?
post #10 of 95 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootall3 View Post
I don't know but wonder if these people with nde are having a dream ?
Psychologists and Psychiatrists who have written books on this after long studies say no.
Most are/were agnostic or atheists who think it is Bovine Feces but checked to satisfy them curiosity and come away at minimum that this is cannot be explained by science.
The main thing is people who are thousands of miles apart, some semi-illiterate tell what the professionals have called the same story; while at the same time , when they started these studies many decades ago, the NDE was unknown to most people except Psychs of either profession.
Most only told the stories reluctantly for reason of fear of being ridiculed.
The pros also said they had little trouble separating the BSers from real stories simply in the manner they told them; BSers were as consistent in style as the real stories were consistent in style.

Not all of these saw them selves, i.e. floated over their bodies; they are also stories, not very many, of those who went the other way.
They did not call it **** but a horrible place, there was no fire and brimstone.
It has been 30 years since I read the last article on it and I wonder if there are more recent versions.

RR

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page