Allah and Biblical History - Page 22 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #211 of 241 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 10:56 PM

The subject was allah and the Bible. YES, he is in the Bible but known as satan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 241 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderman View Post
The subject was allah and the Bible. YES, he is in the Bible but known as satan.
If one claims to worship God, uses the language of Christianity, but does so in a cultish manner, using perverse doctrine, or added texts, who would you say they are actually worshipping? Mormons, JWs, and other cults speak english, use the language of evangelicals, even call themselves Christians some times, but I don't think that when they use words like "God" and "Jesus" that they mean same thing I do. What do you think?
post #213 of 241 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 06:48 AM

Gun Cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Riebe View Post
No mind changing but a good deal better educated, not on how the Holy Ghost functions but as the old saying goes:
Know thine enemy -- in this case replacing the words: thine enemy -- the doctrine and therefore opinion of others.
That can make less frustrating at times.
You got it Bob. That’s the point.

That’s the point and it takes us right back to the OP. A lot of sharing of superstition, fear and bad logic applied to the word Allah as used by Arabic Christians. Opinions based in twisted doctrine and theology.

This logic falls in line with the idea that Satin can secretly sneak into your mind and take over. Never mind the scriptural teaching that our sin, disobedience, wandering comes from the source of our hearts, not a covert raid by Satin.

People do not like to think.
If one thinks, one must reach conclusions.
Conclusions are not always pleasant.
Helen Keller

Last edited by littlecanoe; 05-09-2019 at 07:57 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #214 of 241 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 07:01 AM

Gun Cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamnelson View Post
If one claims to worship God, uses the language of Christianity, but does so in a cultish manner, using perverse doctrine, or added texts, who would you say they are actually worshipping? Mormons, JWs, and other cults speak english, use the language of evangelicals, even call themselves Christians some times, but I don't think that when they use words like "God" and "Jesus" that they mean same thing I do. What do you think?
I remember watching the Mormon tabernacle choir and seeing several of the ladies crying as they sang of Christ. Were those ladies thinking of the crucified Christ as the One who carried the burden of their sin or were they singing of a Christ who was a great human example of what they could achieve? I don’t know their heart but fear the latter.

Speaking “Christian language” happens within, among, modern denominations. Careful observation of the conversations on GB over the years demonstrates this. I have observed at least three posters modify their meaning in conversation with certain others. It’s fairly obvious and sad but is alive and well within the church and very ecumenical in the worst of ways.

May Allah (of my Arabic Brothers) bless those brothers in Christ.

Helen Keller
post #215 of 241 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 09:25 AM

Gun Cabinet

IC, Your spiritually sick.
Almost every one of your posts contains some "smart" innuendo to drag Christianity down.
You can't admit this and refuse to ask God for his help and guidance.
Do you ever pray to God for answers? or just troll?

Ray
post #216 of 241 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 10:50 AM

Gun Cabinet

How is observation ennuendo?

What do you define as spiritual sickness?

If we are still sinful in this flesh are we not as believers spiritually sick? Is Christ not the antidote for this sickness? This is what I believe and rest in the finished work of Christ which declares me innocent and sinless and righteous for the sake of Christ. Declared to be something that I am not. Are you not spiritually sick?

Helen Keller
post #217 of 241 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 11:11 AM

Gun Cabinet

I'm not the only one to notice something's wrong with you.

Nor am I the first:
https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/156-re...post2055882142

Ray
post #218 of 241 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 11:17 AM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaySendero View Post
IC, Your spiritually sick.
Almost every one of your posts contains some "smart" innuendo to drag Christianity down.
You can't admit this and refuse to ask God for his help and guidance.
Do you ever pray to God for answers? or just troll?
Ray, yours, mine, and everyone elses Salvation is in question here.

LC has been watching us for years, and he sees our failures to connect with God, and His Word.

We are in great peril, and unless we turn to LC for guidance in "proper worship" we are condemned.

Don't you get it? He's trying to save us, even though it sounds like he's trying to insult us, and be "superior".

We just dont understand. 🤗

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
post #219 of 241 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 11:59 AM

When it comes to trying to direct others to the Christian way of life, I would much rather expend efforts warning the uninitiated on the errors of the cults, the Islamic jihadists and the political icons who would lead the well-meaning down the sin trail.
I really don't care to quibble with those who are already committed to Christ..concerning their individual convictions, practices and how they personally deal with the Holy Spirit.

I can handle the idea that the Holy spirit may persuade you..in a different manner than he does me. He knows us far better than we know each other.

So far as certain "scholars"of the past, such as Luther or Calvin; ….what makes them any more qualified than Wesley, MacArthur or Dr. David Jeremiah?

So there are 400 odd years between Luther & Jeremiah...after all, many discoveries, both literal and archaeological , have been added to our information bank...to help understand better, the received text..

Let's expose the terrorists and cults, rather than to harangue fellow Christians..

INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN, SCREAMING TO GET OUT. (David Horowitz)
post #220 of 241 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 01:34 PM

Gun Cabinet

I’ve never questioned anyone’s salvation. I have to take that at face value. I don’t know anyone’s heart and have never said that I did.
It is easy to remember what people say and observe the way they interact with different people. It’s a simple skill.

God speaking to man. No one has answered the question that is most pertinent in my thinking. How can we accept different messages, messages that conflict, as coming from the same God.

If it is accepted that God may speak to people on different ways it is not acceptable to say that in this speaking God gives conflicting messages. This is the obvious position in which God is left based on the incompatible views that are held with the church at large.

What archaeological discoveries have been made that would change the truth about the nature and character of God? What new discoveries would change or influence the way in which God communicates with man?

Helen Keller

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page