Graybeard Outdoors banner

JOHN HORVAT. Was the fire at Notre Dame a message from God??

959 views 28 replies 8 participants last post by  goodshot 
#1 ·
Why Notre Dame Cathedral Burned
Date: Wed, April 17, 2019 8:04 pm

(https://us14.campaign-archive.com/?u=1b4656ee90137d3056329ec0f&id=d6d4fe35e4&e=6d223a5375)
https://returntoorder.us14.list-man...e90137d3056329ec0f&id=b91fc0cb9c&e=6d223a5375
04/17/19
The fire that burned much of Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris is a momentous event. It
is more than a mere physical tragedy. I try to describe what it means in:

What is the Message of the Fire at Notre Dame?
(https://returntoorder.us14.list-man...e90137d3056329ec0f&id=ce967b2aa5&e=6d223a5375)

#2 ·
Well the pope IS making a mockery of the catholic church. The vatican is protected by walls, gates, and guards, but if I lived in it, I think I'd find a house somewhere. GOD might destroy it next.

#3 ·
BUGEYE. I posted this because some religious folks see Gods hand in all disasters, and I agree with most of them. God evidently heeded thousands of prayers or I believe it would all be gone. Many of the Catholic relics have been saved I see. I'm sure there are a lot I've never heard of. Maybe this will be an eye opener to a lot of people, I sure hope so.
I just recently started posting from John Horvat, there are some I don't, I only know him from his posts. Is he OK?? CHARLIE.

#4 ·
there was an earlier one that I didn't agree with, but I can't remember the subject now.
Anyway, I'm not a big fan of him. :)

#5 ·
Maybe it isn't so much if there is a message in the event, maybe it is, are we willing to seek Him and perceive if He has a message for us, or we individually, in an event, a type of "keeping our mind stayed on Him" as we are guided to do.

#8 ·
:tango_face_surprise:tango_face_grin:

#7 ·
BUGEYE. I see his stuff every day but I don't post a lot of it. I try to be selective on what I pass on. If you and others don't like him, I won't post him anymore.

CHARLIE.

#9 ·
Don't let anything I say stop you from posting what you think is right.
Some of the messages are inspiring.

#10 ·
YEars ago when Aeriel Sharon had a stroke and was paralyzed I remember a prominent Pastor saying that was God;s punishment for giving more land to the muslims about that same time. CHARLIE.

#11 ·
"Or maybe it was just old wiring"
Even county buildings here are sprinkled now, many buildings have backup power. How could that cathedral not have at least a standpipe going up?
Code required once a year complete fire inspection for us, we did twice a year, because we were proactive.
How could the Cathedral not be protected somehow?

#15 · (Edited)
#16 ·
Even if the "authorities" in France found out that it was like those burnings above, I suspect they would be afraid to admit it !
Yep, it seems that everyone in the world is afraid of muslims.
Even in the USA.

#21 ·
This message just came over Fox News;

From the French authorities (paraphrased);

The fire was likely caused by an electrical short circuit...although investigators have not been able to enter the structure yet.

Wow! How sneaky can spin get ?

#23 ·
Well, plumbers have caused a few fires when sweating copper.:tango_face_surprise
Plastic has cut down on plumber fire though.

#24 ·
Ever try to burn sheetrock? Good luck! Back when I was 25 I tore down a house to salvage the lumber. I burned everything that I didn't have a use for....including the sheetrock. After several weeks of continual burning on that pile followed by several inches of rain I was left with a big mound of white muck! It was like shoveling oatmeal into the back of my old truck. It was leaking out around the holes in the tailgate and everything. I had a mell of a hess!

#27 ·
Those aware of the signs of the times place importance on the current times emigration invasion of islame both here and in the world.

The Hotel Margaret was built long before fire stopping in design and construction was used, thus, high rise wood constructed buildings could go up like chimney's.

#28 ·
Like a chimney...and so it did. It was an extremely cold late evening down in single digits. One of the FDNY trucks parked at the side of the structure was completely encased in a foot of ice by the time it was all done.
Signs of the times....it is one thing to be aware and quite another to attribute every bad thing to what you fear.
Pete

#29 ·
Fear is not involved, being aware isn't being fearful, nor would acknowledgement of a threat.

He is returning for those who are watching, He told us, "watch, therefore, and wait".

Fire stopping really took off after 911, lots of codes changed after 911.
I read up on the Wikipedia of the Hotel Margaret, thank you for the direction.
best wishes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.