The audacity of faith. - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

Default The audacity of faith.

Hardships affect everyone at some time or another. As a pastor, I have seen people overcome addiction, depression, restore broken relationships and much more. Through it all, I have observed how God empowers and comforts people in their time of need. There is no mountain too high or valley too low for God. We can always turn to our faith for spiritual power and emotional strength.

Faith is the force that keeps us in the game when the odds are against us. When my colleague's mother, Pat, was 65 years old, she was diagnosed with bone cancer and was given six months to live. Although she was devastated by this news, she did not let it defeat her; she refused to give up. Pat faced her battle against cancer with faith and hope—and won. Ten years later, she was diagnosed with breast cancer. Once again, believing in the power of prayer, she experienced God's healing power. Pat overcame the odds and lived to be 96.

Having faith doesn't mean we will get all of the things we pray for or that our situation will change overnight. However, it provides us with the courage to bear challenges, endure the unexpected and embrace change. When our human strength is depleted, faith connects us to the source of power. English Anglo-Catholic writer, Evelyn Underhill, wrote, "God's power is brought into action just where our power fails."

No matter what your situation is, if you embrace your faith, things you can't imagine can and will happen. Miracles happen when you least expect it—a prayer is answered, you are offered a new job and so forth.

There are no quick fixes to life's problems and personal battles. But with faith, we can get through anything. The book of Hebrews states, "Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see" (Heb. 11:1). Faith empowers us to face whatever life brings our way. And if you want to deepen your faith, click here to read Empowered by Faith.

Lord, thank you for the power and gift of faith.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 08:29 PM

That was a great message. Thanks.

HEAVEN HAS A WALL, A GATE, AND A STRICT IMMIGRATION POLICY.
HEII HAS OPEN BORDERS. taken from fox news

DEMOCRATS/ABORTIONISTS SHOULD TAKE HEED OF THE FACT THAT BABIES ARE GOD'S MOST PRECIOUS.

MURDER BABIES AND YOU "WILL" BURN FOR ETERNITY.
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 09:27 PM

Faith literally means believing in something without good evidence. It literally means admitting "I am irrational" to say "I have faith". To have faith necessarily implies that one is not all there mentally, or that one was so thoroughly brainwashed into religion as a child that you just cannot shake it, no matter how much dissonance with reality that religious myths cause one's brain, as violating nearly every ounce of common sense and science that you know to be true. I was there; believe me. Luckily, I wasn't 100% brainwashed so I "saw the light" in my late 30s / early 40s (saw religion for what it clearly is; man made bunk).

Currently reloading: .30-'06, .280 Rem, 6.5x55, .260 Rem, .35 Rem, .357 Max (subsonic handgun), .357 Max (supersonic handgun), .357 Mag (supersonic rifle), .243 Win, 5.56x45 (subsonic rifle), .45 Colt, 10mm, 9x19 (& .50 Cal ML)

Currently shooting but not reloading: .458 Win mag, .375 HH Mag, 5.56x45 (supersonic), .223 Rem, .17 HMR, .22 mag, .22lr, 12 ga, 20 ga, manual bows, vertical X-bows

Used to reload: 6.5-'06, .218 Bee, .45-70 Gov't, .270 Win, .22 Reed Express (& .45 Cal ML)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 09:47 PM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussie Mangum Brawley View Post
Faith literally means believing in something without good evidence. It literally means admitting "I am irrational" to say "I have faith". To have faith necessarily implies that one is not all there mentally, or that one was so thoroughly brainwashed into religion as a child that you just cannot shake it, no matter how much dissonance with reality that religious myths cause one's brain, as violating nearly every ounce of common sense and science that you know to be true. I was there; believe me. Luckily, I wasn't 100% brainwashed so I "saw the light" in my late 30s / early 40s (saw religion for what it clearly is; man made bunk).
Well thank you Jussie, for enlightening us to realize our own weak mindedness. 🤔

And thank you powderman, for shining a little light, in such a dark, and heathen world.🤗

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Your proof?

RR
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 11:01 PM
Dee

Well, I see a positive thread turning south, and into a ridiculous debate over 1 miscreant's post.

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Thank you Jussie (not Smollet?);

Sanballat, Tobias and Gesham didn't bother Nehemiah in building the wall.. He just ignored them, and we can do likewise, providing you don't keep "poking the bear"....

INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN, SCREAMING TO GET OUT. (David Horowitz)
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 09:46 AM

Another troll has shown up. I'll ignore him like the rest.

HEAVEN HAS A WALL, A GATE, AND A STRICT IMMIGRATION POLICY.
HEII HAS OPEN BORDERS. taken from fox news

DEMOCRATS/ABORTIONISTS SHOULD TAKE HEED OF THE FACT THAT BABIES ARE GOD'S MOST PRECIOUS.

MURDER BABIES AND YOU "WILL" BURN FOR ETERNITY.
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 11:33 AM

...And Nehemiah did build his wall..even though his builders kept their swords and spear by their sides as they worked.

INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN, SCREAMING TO GET OUT. (David Horowitz)
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 03:03 PM

I'm a "miscreant" because I share my views in a discussion, that I don't believe in magical invisible sky friends, and describe the actual true nature of this thing we call "faith"? Seriously? Think about that. I have every right to participate in this discussion just as much as you.

The proof is legion. The absence of proof is with those claiming mythological sky friend presence, dreamed up by bronze age, desert dwelling goat herder tribes, before we had science. And since the burden of proof is on you, that burden has not been met. Not even close.

Currently reloading: .30-'06, .280 Rem, 6.5x55, .260 Rem, .35 Rem, .357 Max (subsonic handgun), .357 Max (supersonic handgun), .357 Mag (supersonic rifle), .243 Win, 5.56x45 (subsonic rifle), .45 Colt, 10mm, 9x19 (& .50 Cal ML)

Currently shooting but not reloading: .458 Win mag, .375 HH Mag, 5.56x45 (supersonic), .223 Rem, .17 HMR, .22 mag, .22lr, 12 ga, 20 ga, manual bows, vertical X-bows

Used to reload: 6.5-'06, .218 Bee, .45-70 Gov't, .270 Win, .22 Reed Express (& .45 Cal ML)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page