Pope compares abortion to hiring a hitman. NEVER acceptable. - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

Default Pope compares abortion to hiring a hitman. NEVER acceptable.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/pope-f...bortion-hitman

Pope Francis likens abortion to hiring 'hitman', says it's never acceptable

By Lukas Mikelionis | Fox News

Fox News Flash top headlines for May 25 are here. Check out what's clicking on Foxnews.com

Pope Francis on Saturday likened abortion to hiring a hitman and said the procedure can never be condoned, even if the unborn child is gravely sick or likely to die.

Francis made the comments during a pro-life conference sponsored by the Vatican. He stressed that abortion isn’t a religious issue but a human one.

FEDERAL JUDGE BLOCKS MISSISSIPPI ‘HEARTBEAT’ ABORTION LAW

“Is it licit to throw away a life to resolve a problem? Is it licit to hire a hitman to resolve a problem?”
— Pope Francis

The pope also condemned abortion decisions based on prenatal testing, stating that a human being is “never incompatible with life.”

This applies to those babies who are destined to die at birth or soon after, he said. He stressed the importance of providing medical care to such babies in the womb and support their parents so they don’t afraid and isolated.

2020 DEMS JUMP INTO ABORTION FRAY AS LEGAL BATTLE HEATS UP

“Taking care of these children helps parents to grieve and not only think of it as a loss, but as a step on a path taken together,” Francis said.

Pope Francis arrives for an audience with participants of a pilgrimage of the Italian-Albanian diocese of Lungro, in the Pope Paul VI hall, at the Vatican, Saturday, May 25, 2019. (AP Photo/Andrew Medichini)

The latest comments follow Pope’s previous condemnations of abortion, though he struck a somewhat more conciliatory tone towards the woman who had the procedure and made it easier for them to be absolved of the sin of abortion.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

His comments also came in the wake of a raging abortion debate in the U.S., where multiple states severely limited or banned abortion after six weeks, prompting outcry by pro-choice advocates.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Lukas Mikelionis is a reporter for FoxNews.com. Follow him on Twitter @LukasMikelionis.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 11:51 AM

Gun Cabinet

the word Never is a impossibility and a extreame? not logical

Quote:
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 12:29 PM

The pope is right about his hitman analogy. (with one exception)

But, he has zero power to help or hinder anyone from being absolved from their sin.
Only a person truly penitent and begging GOD for forgiveness can be absolved.
ONLY GOD knows your heart, not the pope, or any priest, or preacher, or elder, or family member.

Lloyd, I'm including ALL churches, so don't start a rant.

HEAVEN HAS A WALL, A GATE, AND A STRICT IMMIGRATION POLICY.
HEII HAS OPEN BORDERS. taken from fox news

DEMOCRATS/ABORTIONISTS SHOULD TAKE HEED OF THE FACT THAT BABIES ARE GOD'S MOST PRECIOUS.

MURDER BABIES AND YOU "WILL" BURN FOR ETERNITY.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 01:08 PM

no I agree with you bugeye. Hes the leader of the catholic church but hes just a man like you and I with no special powers. Differnce between him and you and I is his word carrys a bit more weight with the public but that's it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugeye View Post
The pope is right about his hitman analogy. (with one exception)

But, he has zero power to help or hinder anyone from being absolved from their sin.
Only a person truly penitent and begging GOD for forgiveness can be absolved.
ONLY GOD knows your heart, not the pope, or any priest, or preacher, or elder, or family member.

Lloyd, I'm including ALL churches, so don't start a rant.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 04:46 PM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderman View Post

Well, I can agree with that.

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 05:00 PM Thread Starter

Just about the first thing he's said that I agree with. ALL of our Pastors and Preachers need to be saying that. CHARLIE.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 08:01 PM

Good for him..keep up the good work, Mr Pope..

The really phony ones are the Dems who claim to be solid Catholics...and insist on making excuses as to why they continue to support baby killing.

"Politically correct" language, is really Orwellian 'newspeak'. (Michael Cutler)
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 06:40 AM

I think about every parish in the country has a few of those hypocrites and the name on the sign out front doesn't much matter. Gays are another thing that Christians tend to look the other way with. I was in church last summer during tourist season and our priest made a comment about how homosexuality was against God and two women sitting together got up and left. What did they expect? I don't understand why anyone that believes abortion or homosexuality is expectable behavior would even step foot into a Christian church. Sad thing is some entire religions turn a blind eye to it and still want to be called Christian.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironglow View Post
Good for him..keep up the good work, Mr Pope..

The really phony ones are the Dems who claim to be solid Catholics...and insist on making excuses as to why they continue to support baby killing.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!

Last edited by lloyd smale; 05-26-2019 at 06:45 AM.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd smale View Post
I think about every parish in the country has a few of those hypocrites and the name on the sign out front doesn't much matter. Gays are another thing that Christians tend to look the other way with. I was in church last summer during tourist season and our priest made a comment about how homosexuality was against God and two women sitting together got up and left. What did they expect? I don't understand why anyone that believes abortion or homosexuality is expectable behavior would even step foot into a Christian church. Sad thing is some entire religions turn a blind eye to it and still want to be called Christian.

LLOYD. AMEN BROTHER. CHARLIE.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page