As I have said for years..our Special Forces are very Christian - Page 6 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 147 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 06:08 AM

Gun Cabinet

Do you still believe that the American Spec Ops are made up of a special group of Christian Holy Warriors or have the testimonies of those who have been within that community swayed you to understand that they arenít as you have imagined?

People do not like to think.
If one thinks, one must reach conclusions.
Conclusions are not always pleasant.
Helen Keller
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 147 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 07:03 AM

I believe itís time you showed a little respect LC. You donít half to agree with IG but you should respect him as a fellow believer, and quit attacking everything he says.

Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE, Trump for 2020
post #53 of 147 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 07:23 AM

Gun Cabinet

Hmm. My question is legitimate and relates directly to the assertion of the original post and the flow of the conversation of the thread.

Do you believe that is disrespectful to ask people direct questions? He gave the impression of accepting TN’s accounting but I suspect that his opinion of Spec Op warriors hasn’t changed. That’s fine because it’s his opinion. I’m just curious to see if his thinking has shifted.

Was respect shown to Omega when his first hand experience as a Spec Op person wasn’t accepted as valid?

Was respect shown to my brother in laws direct quote, an observation that he made after reading the article that IG posted and answering according to his 25-30 years of experience in Spec Ops?

Respect was shown to TN who shared observations rather than the first hand experience of being a part of that particular community.

This is the MO I’ve observed for the years I’ve been on this forum. Maybe you should spend more time observing such things before getting twisted up.

Helen Keller
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 147 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 08:04 AM

Truth is LC that TN has earned our respect you have not. You are not trying to encourage or build up the forum. You goal is obvesouly to criticize and tear down. I too have observed you for a few years.

Byron

NRA LIFE, Trump for 2020
post #55 of 147 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 11:09 AM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastorp View Post
Truth is LC that TN has earned our respect you have not. You are not trying to encourage or build up the forum. You goal is obvesouly to criticize and tear down. I too have observed you for a few years.
The truth is pastorpuss, you are doing the very thing you sanctimoniously complain about.
You criticize and tear down folks calling them by name when they aren't even involved in the dispute.
An example this morning on another thread in a different forum unprovoked by you.
You are a sanctimonious hypocrite hiding behind a
religious title, claiming high ground, while standing neck deep in religious BS.
Practice what you pretend.😉

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
post #56 of 147 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 11:10 AM

Gun Cabinet

So asking a question directly related to the OP is interpreted as tearing down the forum.

Iím certainly glad that the Apostles didnít find honest questions to be so offensive.

The greatest offense in this forum is the dishonesty of supposedly honest people to NOT answer difficult questions. That seems to be what gets peopleís shorts bunched up the worst. Christians should not place themselves in a place of immunity when it comes to answering difficult questions. Especially when Christianity claims to have the answers.

Helen Keller
post #57 of 147 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 11:17 AM

LC, you never answered IG question. But demanded he answer yours. And kept hammering away about it. Why not just drop it and leave IG in peace.

Byron

NRA LIFE, Trump for 2020
post #58 of 147 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 11:24 AM
Dee

Quote:
LC, you never answered IG question. But demanded he answer yours. And kept hammering away about it. Why not just drop it and leave IG in peace.
What's your excuse pastorpuss? Practice what you pretend. 🤗

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
post #59 of 147 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 11:32 AM

Dee, I donít have a excuse. Iím just standing up for a man I respect, IG.

Byron

NRA LIFE, Trump for 2020
post #60 of 147 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
I am pleased that at least you Pastorp, noticed that my question went unanswered !

So , I will answer LCs question..knowing he will forthwith answer any I may ask of him..

I do find it interesting that each of us has quoted from others...but LC seems to think his source Is the only is the only valid one.

He even went on to ask how many special operators I know... I told him 3 but I actually could have claimed more..sinceI spent a Thanksgiving day at my grandson's residence, when he had a half dozen of his warrior brothers over for the day. I don't count those I knew when I was on active duty so many years ago..because they may not be anywhere nea r relevant today

In post #3, I explained it was my "observation" that many SO troops were Christian..and so it was.

So now, I will answer LC.. I said honestly, that it was mu observation that such were heavily Christian, but my grandson and his associates being Christian, are not necessarily completely representative of all.

So, when our long time conversations and proven veracity of TN, gave me confidence that as TN said, some were more BOLD Christians than others, experience tells me that such is probably true..therefore I was not completely correct... Whether the less bold ones are Christian or not, we cannot know.

Thus, you see TC, I do "man up" when I am apparently not correct, as I have in other instances.. Let's both of us make it a practice.

INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN, SCREAMING TO GET OUT. (David Horowitz)

Last edited by ironglow; 05-31-2019 at 11:48 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page