The supremes reject aetheists suit to remove GOD from our money, satan lost. - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

Default The supremes reject aetheists suit to remove GOD from our money, satan lost.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sup...y-atheists-god

Supreme Court rejects atheists' attempt to scrub 'In God We Trust' off US currency

Caleb ParkeBy Caleb Parke | Fox News

Remember why our money says 'In God We Trust'

Kelly Wright on why he feels we as a nation are in need of some encouragement

Show me the motto.

The Supreme Court rejected an atheist case Monday to remove "In God We Trust," the national motto, from all coins and currency from the Department of Treasury.

Michael Newdow, the same activist attorney who tried to remove "under God" from the Pledge of Allegiance, lost his case, arguing Congress' mandate to inscribe "In God We Trust" on currency was a government endorsement of religion and a violation of the First Amendment.

SOUTHERN BAPTIST CONVENTION GRAPPLES WITH SEX ABUSE, WOMEN IN LEADERSHIP AHEAD OF ANNUAL MEETING

Newdow argued in his petition to the Supreme Court that because his clients are all atheist individuals or atheist groups, the government violated their "sincere religious belief" that there is no God and turned them into "political outsiders" by placing the phrase "In God We Trust" on their money.

Teen fights to keep 'Under God' in the Pledge of Allegiance
Video

The justices rejected his petition without comment.

CALIFORNIA WIDOW, 86, SAYS SHE WAS EVICTED FOR SHARING HER FAITH

The phrase was first put on an American coin in 1864, due to "increased religious sentiment." It was added to both coins and paper bills in 1955.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Newdow also tried to silence prayer and any religious references at the inaugurations of President George W. Bush and President Barack Obama.

Caleb Parke is an associate editor for FoxNews.com. You can follow him on Twitter @calebparke
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 04:02 PM

Gun Cabinet

humm
Quote:
The justices rejected his petition without comment.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sup...y-atheists-god
post #3 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 04:26 AM

Gun Cabinet

The Eisenhower administration was dealing with the "Red Scare", the increasingly cold “Cold War” in 1954 and 1956 when “one nation under God” was added to the Pledge of Allegiance and “In God We Trust” to the paper money.
Good examples of religious fervor and politics coming together.
Pete

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer.
The readiness is all.
“Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games.” Ernest Hemingway ...

Last edited by Darkgael; 06-11-2019 at 04:40 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 07:25 AM

And now after being at war ever since we have lost our fear & or trust in God. The USA has been fighting somewhere ever since I was born. But I still trust God.

Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE, Trump for 2020
post #5 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 08:53 AM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkgael View Post
The Eisenhower administration was dealing with the "Red Scare", the increasingly cold “Cold War” in 1954 and 1956 when “one nation under God” was added to the Pledge of Allegiance and “In God We Trust” to the paper money.
Good examples of religious fervor and politics coming together.
Pete
Not necessarily so Pete.
The United States was JUST ENDING the Korean war, and because of it, Americans had once again pulled closer to God.
Many had been killed, wounded, maimed, and lost to never return.
In fact their remains are just being returned under this president.
When reality slaps Americans up side tha head sometimes, their MAKER is where they go for comfort, and relief.
1950 into 1953-54 was a REAL WAR, not a cold one.

You atheists are always quick to attach that "religious fervor" tag on every thing to make a point that you usually don't have.

You recently advised me a person could be spiritual without being Christian, and I asked you how?
You dodged that question then.
Have you read up on it enough to give an answer yet?🤗

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty

Last edited by Dee; 06-11-2019 at 09:15 AM.
post #6 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 05:32 PM

Gun Cabinet

Dee:
Quote:
You recently advised me a person could be spiritual without being Christian, and I asked you how? You dodged that question then. Have you read up on it enough to give an answer yet?
I am sorry that you think that I dodged that question. I attempted to answer it by referring you to a short story that has great meaning for me...Lawrence S. Hall’s “The Ledge”.
You can find a similar set of ideas in Albert Camus’ novel “The Plague”. I refer you to these not as a way of “dodging” but because the stories offer a depth that I cannot give to an important idea.
Pete
PS: https://www.thesunmagazine.org/issues/482/the-ledge

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer.
The readiness is all.
“Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games.” Ernest Hemingway ...
post #7 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 06:39 PM

There are I am sure some facts to that long story. The facts could be put into two sentences. The rest fiction...
post #8 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 06:49 PM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkgael View Post
Dee:
Quote:
You recently advised me a person could be spiritual without being Christian, and I asked you how? You dodged that question then. Have you read up on it enough to give an answer yet?
I am sorry that you think that I dodged that question. I attempted to answer it by referring you to a short story that has great meaning for me...Lawrence S. Hall’s “The Ledge”.
You can find a similar set of ideas in Albert Camus’ novel “The Plague”. I refer you to these not as a way of “dodging” but because the stories offer a depth that I cannot give to an important idea.
Pete
PS: https://www.thesunmagazine.org/issues/482/the-ledge
Actually I'm not interested in what Lawrence Hall has to say in a short story, or a fictional book by someone named Albert Camus.

We're discussing REAL life. Your opinion of me, a Christian's spiritual beliefs is real.
Your trying to pass the question to two people that aren't in this discussion.
You made a claim but offer a cop out from your end.

You said you don't have to be Christian to be spiritual.

Same question;
in what way are you spiritual? And to what diety are you spiritual with?

Or, are you only surmising, which means you have no real experience on the subject.

If you cannot offer depth, its likely because there isn't any depth.

With luck you won't be dogpiled, and will take the chance to answer.

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!

Last edited by Dee; 06-11-2019 at 07:12 PM.
post #9 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 08:25 PM

The mistake here is thinking that Pete is dodging the question. Which of course he is. What he is really doing is redirecting this and any subject as a means to EDUCATE the masses or so he believes... A opportunity to lead them by the nose...
post #10 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 08:31 PM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule 11 View Post
The mistake here is thinking that Pete is dodging the question. Which of course he is. What he is really doing is redirecting this and any subject as a means to EDUCATE the masses or so he believes... A opportunity to lead them by the nose...
Well, first of all, I'm not mistaken.

You may be.😉

I've conversed with Pete for years on the subject of Christianity, and he knows exactly where I stand, and that I'm not "re-directable", and I've not noticed any soreness of the nose.😎👍

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!

Last edited by Dee; 06-11-2019 at 08:38 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page