LinkBack Thread Tools
post #81 of 136 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 10:20 AM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecanoe View Post
a remembrance
Luke Chapter 22 verse 19

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 136 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 10:57 AM

Gun Cabinet

Well. You have the answer.

Fundamentalism: The sneaking suspicion that somewhere, someone, might be having fun.

Itís a far more holy act to serve the neighbor than to focus on how holy your belly button is. Literally and figuratively.
post #83 of 136 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 07:31 PM

" A valid contrast to the memorial view of the “elements” is that of Christ coming along with the elements in a continual ministering of the grace of God. Not as a ministering of salvation but a fortification of the soul of the believer so to speak."

..But of course, his presence is already there in any believing body of worshippers.

20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." (Matt 18:20)

So far as the time of reflection, before partaking of the bread and the cup.. when the elements are passed out, some do refuse to partake, and that is

totally between them and God. Of course, no matter which of the three one subscribes to (1 Cor 11:27) applies to all. ...And it is good that they are
cautious Because it is serious business.

Whoever, therefore, eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty concerning the body and blood of the Lord. (1 Cor 11:27)

"Politically correct" language, is really Orwellian 'newspeak'. (Michael Cutler)

Last edited by ironglow; 06-23-2019 at 07:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #84 of 136 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 08:04 PM

Gun Cabinet

No one said that his presence is not among the gathered body. The contrasting view is that grace is ministered to the children of God.

What is a man accomplishing by examining himself to see if he is worthy? Un-confessed sin? All sin acknowledged?

Fundamentalism: The sneaking suspicion that somewhere, someone, might be having fun.

Itís a far more holy act to serve the neighbor than to focus on how holy your belly button is. Literally and figuratively.
post #85 of 136 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 06:08 AM Thread Starter

my point is theres constant argument here and not just here on these points and it pits Christian against Chritian and what it all is is MANS opinions not the word of God or Jesus. Why cant it be Jesus kind of told us we should be baptized so just do it. He didn't put a list of rules or age limits on it so why should we. He said "this is my body this is my blood take it in memory of me. Specific instructions. So take it in memory of him. Whats important is you do it not where you have wine or hi C. Whether you believe the bread should be blessed or its automatically blessed because God did that before you even got to church. Only ones I see that are doing it wrong are the ones that totally ignore the fact that Jesus said we should do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironglow View Post
A couple comments..take them or trash them..

1) Age at baptism.."he that believes and is baptized"..no given age, but one must be able understand what it is about.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2) Is fermented wine mandatory at communion?

Our communion is derived from the last supper.

At the last supper, all we have in scripture is that Jesus drank from "the cup" ! The Bible does not say whether it is juice, fermented wine, vinegar or water.

Check it out.. https://biblehub.com/matthew/26-27.htm

Whether one follows the transubstantiation, consubstantiation or memorial only pattern..it evidently makes little difference..since we can offer the same

respect/belief..whether drinking wine, juice, vinegar or water.

Even if one believes in transubstantiation, God obviously can turn any of those liquids into blood.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Of those various translations, only two say "wine". Also, one version replaces "cup" with "chalice"..so I suspect those three versions of taking liberties.

I find no place in the Bible that forbids drinking fermented wine, although there are many which condemn overly drinking.

There is evidently, one exception to the drunkenness rule.. to be found in (Prov 31:6)..

" Give strong drink to the one who is perishing, and wine to those in bitter distress;"

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
post #86 of 136 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd smale View Post
my point is theres constant argument here and not just here on these points and it pits Christian against Chritian and what it all is is MANS opinions not the word of God or Jesus. Why cant it be Jesus kind of told us we should be baptized so just do it. He didn't put a list of rules or age limits on it so why should we. He said "this is my body this is my blood take it in memory of me. Specific instructions. So take it in memory of him. Whats important is you do it not where you have wine or hi C. Whether you believe the bread should be blessed or its automatically blessed because God did that before you even got to church. Only ones I see that are doing it wrong are the ones that totally ignore the fact that Jesus said we should do it.

You have a good point there Lloyd..

"Politically correct" language, is really Orwellian 'newspeak'. (Michael Cutler)
post #87 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 07:00 AM

Gun Cabinet

This article gives a bit more detail about the SBCís recent address of sexual abuse.

https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/a...-sexual-abuse/

post #88 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 10:10 AM

Good ol’ JD leading the SBC to sound woke. I noticed the word “crisis” employed, as if by degree or frequency it’s become a greater issue recently. It’s not - it’s a crisis of world perception. And it’s triggering a collective holiness movement, similar to the previous personal holiness movement, except instead of confronting ourself we call out white male leadership for being in the same hemisphere when sin occurred. It’s about as spirit filled as the previous one, and will probably create a couple new churches, movements, a lot of books and lecture tours. Welcome to the progressive woke no longer geographically or doctrinally defined Baptistish church!
post #89 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 12:32 PM

Molestation and abuse are serious problems..and anyone genuinely accused should be referred to law enforcement.

However, there are times when the technique of those who "expose" such problems, should be questioned.. Here from the article;

"Research shows that 60 percent of child sexual-abuse victims never tell anyone they have been abused. Only 36 percent of rapes, 34 percent of attempted rapes, and 26 percent of sexual assaults perpetuated against women and girls were reported."

Question: If only 36% of rapes, 34% of attempted rapes and 26% of sexual assaults were reported... How is it they know for sure that 64% of rapes, 66% of attempted rapes and 74% of attempted rapes have taken place, if they have gone unreported ?

How do they know ANYTHING about "unreported" cases?

If such events go unreported, how can they possibly compute right down to single percentages? I am not denying that such tragic events happen...but how do those who are doing the 'exposing', compute their figures, concerning the "unreported" cases?

Last edited by ironglow; 07-02-2019 at 01:28 PM. Reason: typo
post #90 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 01:22 PM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamnelson View Post
Good ol’ JD leading the SBC to sound woke. I noticed the word “crisis” employed, as if by degree or frequency it’s become a greater issue recently. It’s not - it’s a crisis of world perception. And it’s triggering a collective holiness movement, similar to the previous personal holiness movement, except instead of confronting ourself we call out white male leadership for being in the same hemisphere when sin occurred. It’s about as spirit filled as the previous one, and will probably create a couple new churches, movements, a lot of books and lecture tours. Welcome to the progressive woke no longer geographically or doctrinally defined Baptistish church!
😉

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page