You must be Born Again - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 158 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

Gun Cabinet
Default You must be Born Again

Jesus’ response to Nicodemus is interesting. It seems to have blown the man’s mind. As the narrative plays out in John 3 it’s apparent that he is slipping a cog or two and doesn’t understand what Jesus is telling him. Jesus didn’t tell him to believe. He simply told him that he must be born again.

As a man in high position Nicodemus was educated and influential. It would be assumed of him that was a man of higher than normal intelligence yet that intelligence was stymied by the truth that Jesus revealed. You MUST be born again.

What do you think Jesus mean when he said “you must be Born Again”?

Fundamentalism: The sneaking suspicion that somewhere, someone, might be having fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 158 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 06:42 PM

maybe I can help this along . they are not saying because they dont know . LOL
post #3 of 158 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 08:04 PM

Beave doesn't ha e a clue..

But if you are looking for a long, drawn out argument..count me out. I have the truth and will offer it to you, so you can either catch on or fall off.

Born again speaks of a new life.."old things are passed away, all things become new". It is a new birth..and it is the only way one becomes a child of God.

New birth, new life, new to the family of God. Check this out: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Being-Born-Again

Pay special attention to (Rom 3:10) (1 Pet 1:3) (2 Cor 5:17) (Gal 3:26) (Coll2:13) (John 1:12)

There it is, take it or leave it !

"Politically correct" language, is really Orwellian 'newspeak'. (Michael Cutler)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 158 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 08:47 PM

To me, it's being buried in baptism, and coming up a new person, as in John 3:5.

As y'all know, I put a lot of importance in baptism, born of water etc. like Jesus said.

Plus, being born of water, I don't think is covered by someone sprinkling me.

We must bury the OLD man and rise up NEW.

HEAVEN HAS A WALL, A GATE, AND A STRICT IMMIGRATION POLICY.
HEII HAS OPEN BORDERS. taken from fox news

DEMOCRATS/ABORTIONISTS SHOULD TAKE HEED OF THE FACT THAT BABIES ARE GOD'S MOST PRECIOUS.

MURDER BABIES AND YOU "WILL" BURN FOR ETERNITY.
post #5 of 158 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironglow View Post

Born again speaks of a new life.."old things are passed away, all things become new". It is a new birth..and it is the only way one becomes a child of God.
New birth, new life, new to the family of God. Check this out: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Being-Born-Again
Faith in a new dogma written by the one true God.

RR
post #6 of 158 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 09:28 PM

The words "dogma" and "doctrine" have no place in GOD's plan of salvation.

DEMOCRATS/ABORTIONISTS SHOULD TAKE HEED OF THE FACT THAT BABIES ARE GOD'S MOST PRECIOUS.

post #7 of 158 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 12:32 PM

I wonder are you thinking it applies to many/all or a select few , relatively speaking ?
post #8 of 158 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

Gun Cabinet

It’s interesting to look at ch 1:13 and 3:3.

1:13 indicated begat from God and 3:13 begat from above. What I was taught growing up was that I was a Christian because I had done certain things. As I look back to the language that Christ and the Apostles use there seems to be something much deeper there than whatever I could do.

That he can’t beget himself into the Kingdom seems to be the underlying message to Nicodemus. I don’t think that I can become a new creature or creation through belief or baptism although those actions are spoken of as part of the process.

Do you see this begetting, being born again, as a supernatural act of God upon man or more symbolic, a new position that we have as a believer?

Fundamentalism: The sneaking suspicion that somewhere, someone, might be having fun.
post #9 of 158 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecanoe View Post
Itís interesting to look at ch 1:13 and 3:3.

1:13 indicated begat from God and 3:13 begat from above. What I was taught growing up was that I was a Christian because I had done certain things. As I look back to the language that Christ and the Apostles use there seems to be something much deeper there than whatever I could do.

That he canít beget himself into the Kingdom seems to be the underlying message to Nicodemus. I donít think that I can become a new creature or creation through belief or baptism although those actions are spoken of as part of the process.

Do you see this begetting, being born again, as a supernatural act of God upon man or more symbolic, a new position that we have as a believer?
I see salvation as a very simple thing. Study, and do as Jesus said as related by the disciples.
Then study the other books such as Pauls epistles to "fine tune" that salvation.
Then, worship in the manner of the 1st century Christians, not adding pretty things, or dressing up pretty, or adding ANYTHING not authorized by JESUS himself.
Doing things that Jesus did not ok, may cause you a big surprise when you're judged.

post #10 of 158 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 07:05 PM

Good question and worth considering. We must be born, again. We are dead in our sin. We awaken to new life when we are resuscitated spiritually by the quickening power of the Holy Spirit. We become alive spiritually to commune and fellowship with our Creator and Heavenly Father. The Spirit begins to convict our hearts and transform us into new creatures, dead to sin and alive to God. We no longer desire the lusts of the flesh, have no desire to sin against God and have a new hunger and thirst for approval from our Maker. Old things pass from our hearts and new desires come in. I no longer want to please myself or man but I want to please my Father. I want to do His will and not my own. It becomes a lifelong journey. Seeking first and foremost His presence and influence in my everyday life. Surrender, yield, turn from my old ways, pray about everything, live a life of prayer, expecting Him to interact with me and bless me and reward me for being obedient. Just like he promises in His word!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page