post #151 of 841 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 08:23 PM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 841 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 08:31 PM

Yes

Come quickly, Lord Jesus
post #153 of 841 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 08:44 PM

Gun Cabinet

Charlie: Do you judge. Yes, you do. One example....in the thread that you started about the RCC and the Bible, Bugeye made a very nasty comment....a judgement.....and you agreed with him.
You make judgements about other beliefs based on your own conviction that your set of ideas is correct. You do this constantly.
Pete

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer.
The readiness is all.
“Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games.” Ernest Hemingway ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #154 of 841 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

PETE. When I agreed with BUGEYE it was because he was right. Tell me where it is, I'll look it up. Judging and pointing out sin or danger are 2 very different things. If I saw you walking down a path that I knew death awaited you, I would not be judging you, just warning you. Whether you heeded my warning would be up to you. My job would be over, unless you had questions. CHARLIE.
post #155 of 841 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 09:20 PM

Arguing religion with a non believer is a waste of breath.One thing we have failed to mention (I think) in this thread is our FAITH as Christians.
Without it it, it's a lie. We have to have faith in our belief of God. We can't physically see or touch him,but when we have faith,we can see the results of him. The personal feelings I have had cannot be described to another in words. We can't win someone to Christ by running down their religious beliefs or lack there of.But we can make a difference by showing them how God has changed our lives.

Hebrews 11:1 defines faith as "confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see."

Faith is the result of believing the Gospel — the good news that Jesus died for our sin and made a way for us to be right with God and spend eternity in heaven. When we allow the reality of the Gospel to affect every part of our lives, it changes the way we think which changes how we behave.

Faith causes us to act on what we haven't experienced yet, to believe promises in the Bible that haven't been fulfilled yet, and to trust God when our situations haven't changed yet.
:Jacqui Hazel

I don't think of myself as a staunch Republican or Democrat.
I am a Christian and a Conservative...........In that order!
post #156 of 841 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 06:41 AM

Gun Cabinet

Charlie:
Quote:
E. When I agreed with BUGEYE it was because he was right. Tell me where it is, I'll look it up.
That was post #3 in the other thread.

Hunter:
Quote:
Arguing religion with a non believer is a waste of breath.On
Why would you think that? Discussion here is more about belief than religion per se; much of the recent interchange has been about ideas that precede religion, ie: the nature of and cause of creation. The other dominant idea is related to Charlie’s query about Ezekiel and the spin off therein about judgement.
Are we really discussing “religion”?
In any case, in order to accomplish the task outlined by Ezekiel, one may well need discussion with non-believers as opposed to merely preaching to the choir.
Pete

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer.
The readiness is all.
“Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games.” Ernest Hemingway ...

Last edited by Darkgael; 09-09-2019 at 06:59 AM.
post #157 of 841 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 07:06 AM

and you still
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaySendero View Post
Boy if that's not the pot calling the kettle black!
You seems to being doing your part "in tearing down Christainty", too !!!

And judging !!!

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
post #158 of 841 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 07:16 AM

says the biggest judger on here!!! You sure as **** aren't my keeper. At least not while your awake. By the way you don't own this post you just started it. You have absolutely no say in what is posted or how your post goes and my guess is Bill sure isn't going to delete it because you think you own it. You knew a post like this would stir up a hornets nest and that was the exact reason you posted it. I read through this thread and in my opinion its all on topic. Its you asking if you have the right to judge for God and most everyone else telling you no.
Quote:
Originally Posted by powderman View Post
OK, I'll ask AGAIN. Several of you accuse me of judging. I've asked that ANY of you tell what the scripture in EZEKIAL, chapter 3, verses 18 through 21 I believe?? ANYBODY?? I know what it says AND means. Some of you are big enough to say I'm judging, so tell me the meaning of the scripture??
I 've seen 15 pages and nobody answering the question. ARE WE OUR BROTHERS KEEPER?? If all you guys want to do is argue about non related stuff I'll ask Bill to erase the thread. CHARLIE.

post #159 of 841 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 07:30 AM

cant argue with you a bit. I agree totally but you have to keep in mind that this isn't a section just for Christians or even just for believers. Its a religious discussion section. Non believers do have a right to post here too. Just as non Christian believers in God do or people who believe in buddha. Funny thing is ive been here for many years and some of the nastiest people on here claim to be the best Christians on here. Some who even think they have Gods permission to judge whos a Christian and who isn't. There whole of Christianity is based on memorizing a book.

They total forget what the real intention of that book is. A guide to how to spend these few years we have on earth the way Jesus said we must. That is ALL you need to get out of the bible. Id have to bet that 2 minutes of thanking god on your knees in your living room means more to God then 12 hours of memorizing scripture to win an argument here or use it to slam some other chirstian.

God is my keeper and my brothers keeper. Not powderman or any other self appointed Judge judy. Maybe an idea for a new tv show. They can hire powderman and bugeye as judges and people can go in front of them and try to prove to those EXPERTS if there worthy of heaven. Sure would save God a lot of time. Obviously there qualified. IF you doubt it just ask them
Quote:
Originally Posted by nw_hunter View Post
Arguing religion with a non believer is a waste of breath.One thing we have failed to mention (I think) in this thread is our FAITH as Christians.
Without it it, it's a lie. We have to have faith in our belief of God. We can't physically see or touch him,but when we have faith,we can see the results of him. The personal feelings I have had cannot be described to another in words. We can't win someone to Christ by running down their religious beliefs or lack there of.But we can make a difference by showing them how God has changed our lives.

Hebrews 11:1 defines faith as "confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see."

Faith is the result of believing the Gospel — the good news that Jesus died for our sin and made a way for us to be right with God and spend eternity in heaven. When we allow the reality of the Gospel to affect every part of our lives, it changes the way we think which changes how we behave.

Faith causes us to act on what we haven't experienced yet, to believe promises in the Bible that haven't been fulfilled yet, and to trust God when our situations haven't changed yet.
:Jacqui Hazel

post #160 of 841 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkgael View Post
Charlie:
That was post #3 in the other thread.

Hunter:
Why would you think that? Discussion here is more about belief than religion per se; much of the recent interchange has been about ideas that precede religion, ie: the nature of and cause of creation. The other dominant idea is related to Charlie’s query about Ezekiel and the spin off therein about judgement.
Are we really discussing “religion”?
In any case, in order to accomplish the task outlined by Ezekiel, one may well need discussion with non-believers as opposed to merely preaching to the choir.
Pete

Discussion of something is good,but when one excludes every opinion but their own, it's just an argument.
State your case and rest. JMO!

I don't think of myself as a staunch Republican or Democrat.
I am a Christian and a Conservative...........In that order!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page