Are we a watchman?? Our brothers keeper?? - Page 36 - Graybeard Outdoors
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #351 of 775 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 10:02 PM
Senior Member
 
bugeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Soon to be elsewhere.
Posts: 18,635
Default

Abraham interacted with GOD.
We are bound by the NT.

There are people in this world who mock Christians who are striving to be more like JESUS.
And try to make this a better world for the less fortunate, and the unprotected.

HEAVEN HAS A WALL, A GATE, AND A STRICT IMMIGRATION POLICY.
H*LL HAS OPEN BORDERS. taken from fox news

DEMOCRATS/ABORTIONISTS SHOULD TAKE HEED OF THE FACT THAT BABIES ARE GOD'S MOST PRECIOUS.

MURDER BABIES AND YOU "WILL" BURN FOR ETERNITY.
bugeye is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #352 of 775 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 10:10 PM
Senior Member
 
Darkgael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Brooklyn, NY and Sweet Valley, PA
Posts: 3,763
Gun Cabinet
Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argent11 View Post
Pete. What are you doing? They are only going to attack you. No matter what you say.
Thanks David. I suppose that you are correct. I am, though, dismayed at the depth of their misunderstanding....they think that I am writing about religion when I am writing about the way that they think, the continuing tendency to slip into fallacy....not so much about their belief and trust in Jesus but in their virulent attacks on others who do not believe as they do.
My friend is a RC.
He does not think that he needs to study the Bible.
Therefore all RCs do not believe in Bible study.

And he thinks that is correct.
I am gonna check your picture right now.
Pete

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer.
The readiness is all.
“Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games.” Ernest Hemingway ...
Darkgael is offline  
post #353 of 775 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 10:21 PM
Moderator
 
Argent11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 21,570
Default

Pete, let me download it first ok. And I will post it for you on the science forum. Not here.
Argent11 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #354 of 775 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 03:47 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,534
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Riebe View Post
No -- IF, if in your heart you have accepted Jesus as Lord, you will naturally start trying to follow a life pattern closer to what the Bible says is best because rather than simply knowing you exist, Jesus will start coaxing you down the far more narrow path in life.
How well it works is still up to you, but he will not let go of you unless you again reject him.
ahhh so what you are saying is you will become one of Jehovah's witnesses , odd that you have not been seen at any of the meetings
swim-with-beavers is offline  
post #355 of 775 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 06:38 AM
Senior Member
 
goodshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 15,118
Default

David, There is no "attack" here.

There are only two kingdoms in the Creation, if we are not focused of the kingdom of G-d
and born again/spirit filled then by default we serve the other.
That is Bible, and not "religion", we are also instructed to "study to show yourself worthy" and that is for each of us, we are not to rely and a man or an institution to tell us what G-d wants us to know, we are to take all we hear, before the Lord for His wisdom, that He gives freely.
If we are focused on the temporal, how to identify a false statement, etc, anything that does not produce love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, Galatians 5-21.

We are all in a process of being conformed to the image of the Son, if we are in relationship with our Savior, it isn't about an "outward form of godliness".
best wishes

Come quickly, Lord Jesus
goodshot is offline  
post #356 of 775 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 08:10 AM
Senior Member
 
bugeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Soon to be elsewhere.
Posts: 18,635
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkgael View Post
Thanks David. I suppose that you are correct. I am, though, dismayed at the depth of their misunderstanding....they think that I am writing about religion when I am writing about the way that they think, the continuing tendency to slip into fallacy....not so much about their belief and trust in Jesus but in their virulent attacks on others who do not believe as they do.
My friend is a RC.
He does not think that he needs to study the Bible.
Therefore all RCs do not believe in Bible study.

And he thinks that is correct.
I am gonna check your picture right now.
Pete
Ah, then you must be a shrink, and we know that shrinks are perfect.
At least they try to make you believe that.

HEAVEN HAS A WALL, A GATE, AND A STRICT IMMIGRATION POLICY.
H*LL HAS OPEN BORDERS. taken from fox news

DEMOCRATS/ABORTIONISTS SHOULD TAKE HEED OF THE FACT THAT BABIES ARE GOD'S MOST PRECIOUS.

MURDER BABIES AND YOU "WILL" BURN FOR ETERNITY.
bugeye is offline  
post #357 of 775 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 08:15 AM
Moderator
 
lloyd smale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Munising MI
Posts: 20,684
Default

Quote:
we are not to rely and a man or an institution to tell us what G-d wants us to know
THANK GOD then that everyone here ignores your constant cultish rambling. By the way if the bible INSTRUCTS US to study scripture its referring to old testament scripture because when the apostles lived there was not new testament to quote and it seems that even Jesus didn't say there would be a new book coming out that you should memorize if you want to get into heaven and the last I heard he was one with God and knew everything. I guess he wanted us to study on how to become a good Jew!


Your studying a book wrote by some catholic munks and base your whole belief in Jesus by what the catholic church allowed to be put into that book. Youd think if you wanted to cut the ambilical cord with the catholic church youd write your own book. Wonder why Jesus never guided the hand of some protestant to right an new updated addition. Seems you or powder man or bugeye would sure love that fame. Probably because all it would do is bring up a whole new version of the same arguing about the new meanings and a couple hundred more churches would pop up, probably even a cult church that can change water into wine that tasted just like water and looked like it too. In the end that new bible would in the end be the straw that breaks the back of Christianity. But I guess it would be a bit more then the lip service that's all you have now. Heck even the JW's made up there own book that they claim was guided by the hand of god. You think ours was so it shouldn't take much to sell the idea that God inspired bugeye But then hed probably leave the part out about you curing your wifes and friends ailments with a touch and a chant. Sounds kind of like voodoo doesn't it Well satan anyway

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!

Last edited by lloyd smale; 09-19-2019 at 08:19 AM.
lloyd smale is offline  
post #358 of 775 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 08:18 AM
Moderator
 
lloyd smale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Munising MI
Posts: 20,684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugeye View Post

There are people in this world who mock Christians who are striving to be more like JESUS.
And try to make this a better world for the less fortunate, and the unprotected.
yes there are and you make it your job to tear any of them down that don't believe exactly like you. This is probably the most hypocritical post you have ever wrote!!!!!

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
lloyd smale is offline  
post #359 of 775 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 08:46 AM
Senior Member
 
bugeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Soon to be elsewhere.
Posts: 18,635
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd smale View Post
yes there are and you make it your job to tear any of them down that don't believe exactly like you. This is probably the most hypocritical post you have ever wrote!!!!!
Lloyd, I believe that the NT is the inspired words of GOD and should be followed.
Too bad that you don't.

HEAVEN HAS A WALL, A GATE, AND A STRICT IMMIGRATION POLICY.
H*LL HAS OPEN BORDERS. taken from fox news

DEMOCRATS/ABORTIONISTS SHOULD TAKE HEED OF THE FACT THAT BABIES ARE GOD'S MOST PRECIOUS.

MURDER BABIES AND YOU "WILL" BURN FOR ETERNITY.
bugeye is offline  
post #360 of 775 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 05:53 AM
Senior Member
 
goodshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 15,118
Default

Yes Bugeye, Jesus showed His Own what and how to live our lives, there is no "don't believe exactly as you", we don't dream up how we want to believe, Jesus modeled how we are to walk out His plan for each of our lives.
Dr. Caroline Leaf , a Dr. of neuroscience, has a great amount of evidence she speaks on of how He designed us and how we were designed by G-d to be in contact with Him about every 10 seconds, that is where the "praying without ceasing" command comes into play.
In no way does He instruct His Own to post page after page of hate and discord, and we know "a tree is known by it's fruit".

Come quickly, Lord Jesus
goodshot is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome