Graybeard Outdoors banner

Are we a watchman?? Our brothers keeper??

37K views 864 replies 18 participants last post by  goodshot 
#1 ·
EZEKIAL ch 3. Verses 18- 21 leads me to believe that we are. It says that if we see our brother heading down the wrong road, sinning that we should tell him. If we don't then his sin is our sin too, and his blood will be on OUR hands, we are responsible as well as him.
IF he heeds our warning then he will be saved, if not then he will die. . There's more to this and I don't remember word for word.
I will continue to post about the stuff Catholics do that are NOT BIBLICAL. A warning to my brothers, as stated in EZEKIAL.
I backed away from telling the truth about it for many years, NO MORE covering up or ignoring the truth about Catholics. If I see something, I will print it. If speaking out and telling the truth saves even ONE soul from thinking they can be prayed into Heaven or OUT of hades I will be satisfied.
Catholics and muslims have a lot in common. CHARLIE.

#2 · (Edited)
backed away?? now that right there is comical. When was that. Maybe for an hour two years ago yesterday:tango_face_wink: Its ok hate away. You shown your true colors here and EVERYONE now considers the source. You keep right on judging. Me? I don't need to judge you. Its not my job and truthfully I doubt my judgement will be anymore negative then the one you will get when your standing at the gates.

News flash though. Your posts are much more likely to send people running to the catholic church and running from your church if it full of, full of:tango_face_kiss:, people like you. Id don't think ive heard you say which church you go to. Id sure like to know and would sure like the email address of your pastor to forward to him some of your posts. Lets see if he thinks your doing Gods work. Unless he wears a white sheet Saturday night I doubt he will.

Cant wait for your reply. Maybe you can use your powers to condemn me to **** or smite me or send a lightning bolt down!! For sure you will again show your true colors again.

Its you that is most like a muslim. You HATE everyone that doesn't believe just like you or believe you are the way. Funny thing is you condemn the Catholics but ive been going to a catholic church most of my life and have attended some other protestant churches and have NEVER seen anyone in ANY of them talk like you.

I can just see the anti gun people coming to a site like this and seeing the bs you post and using you as a poster child for there cause. Telling everyone that NOBODY like you should be allowed to actually own a gun.

#4 ·
Charlie, yes we are obligated to point out mistakes people make.
Some folks would rather continue on in a religion of convenience than study the Bible, AS COMMANDED BY GOD.
They rely on a preacher or priest to tell them what to do, and those preachers and priests take over from GOD and tell the people they are forgiven of their sins.

I am not so confident in my salvation that I quit studying so as to better myself.
God created me, JESUS saved me, and I owe it to them to be the best I can be through study.
Anything else is being blase' about JESUS.

#10 ·
you keep studying the book so you can memorise it and weaponize it and let the rest of us actually do chirstian things like Jesus said we must. I wonder if Jesus would rather have you studying your bible or bringing other Christians together to insure Christianity survives. Funny that book you want to memorize wasn't even worth a mention by Jesus. Seeing hes one with God id have to guess if it was to be the center of chritianity he would have at least told us it would be some day in the near future. He didn't because HE is the center of Chritianity and "IT" is just a book. Not an item of idol worship. That being said I think some of you should continue your studying because you sure haven't picked up the main points of what Jesus wanted you to do. Guarantee you that spreading hate and condemning others wasn't even on this list. There bugeye and Charlie I pointed out the mistakes your making. RELIGION OF CONVIENCE???? Id say one that all a guy has to do is memorize one book and do nothing else but condemn others and consider that what it takes to call them selves a Christian about as easy as it gets. Its like the service manual for your truck. Anyone with enough time can memorize it and quote it but that's sure as **** doesn't make you mechanic. Heck Jim Jones pretty much had it memorized better then any of you idiots here. Did it make him more favorable in Gods eyes. Theres a couple here just like him. It probably angers god everytime they claim to talk or judge for him. Id say they throw stones in a glass house but that glass has been broke for years. Sad thing is there probably as old as me and only have precious few years to adjust there attitudes and HELP spread real Christianity and cant see the way because they've been blinded by generations of hate and predudice.
Charlie, yes we are obligated to point out mistakes people make.
Some folks would rather continue on in a religion of convenience than study the Bible, AS COMMANDED BY GOD.
They rely on a preacher or priest to tell them what to do, and those preachers and priests take over from GOD and tell the people they are forgiven of their sins.

I am not so confident in my salvation that I quit studying so as to better myself.
God created me, JESUS saved me, and I owe it to them to be the best I can be through study.
Anything else is being blase' about JESUS.

#5 ·
I've never heard a Baptist Preacher bash Catholics. And vise versa when it comes to a Priest bashing any Baptist. That wouldn't be very smart anyway. Catholics vist the Babtist church, and the Baptist visit the
Catholic church. Bashing either way, would only alienate and polarize achieving nothing.

#8 ·
argent most of the bashing and predudice is right here. Like I told powderman id like to talk to his pastor because id bet a dime to a thousand bucks he doesn't preach hatred or predudice. Its just not chirstian and isn't even close to acting "biblical" What we have here are some festering puss filled boils. The exact same attitudes that will let the atheists win out in the end. There more conserned with looking right then being right with God. The bible to them is nothing but a weapon.

#6 · (Edited)
We sing the same songs, I have noticed that. A Baptist hymnal and a Catholic hymnal are almost direct copies of each other. We both read King James, and yes Catholics do read the Bible and quote from it.
Saying they dont, is complete a misconception. That's like me saying that know all of this stuff
regarding Judaism. When I actually know very little besides what's in the Old Testament.

#7 ·
It seems a well known zoo, recently acquired a very smart monkey.

This monkey was so smart that he could both read and speak.

One morning the monkey's keeper stopped by the cage and noticed the monkey had two books.. the Bible and Darwin's "origins".

Surprised, the keeper asks; "Why are you reading those two books?"

The monkey replied; "Well, I am trying to figure out....if I am my brother's keeper...or my keeper's brother!"

#9 · (Edited)
I always give Charlie a break as he has something in his life that not a minor burr but to too many here this is just -- I am better than you are -- which the Bible condemns.

Romans 12:16

Live in harmony with one another. Do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly. Never be wise in your own sight.

Proverbs 13:10

By insolence comes nothing but strife, but with those who take advice is wisdom.

Philippians 2:3

Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.

Proverbs 27:2

Let another praise you, and not your own mouth; a stranger, and not your own lips.

Galatians 6:4

But let each one test his own work, and then his reason to boast will be in himself alone and not in his neighbor.

Proverbs 26:12

Do you see a man who is wise in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.

Psalm 59:12

For the sin of their mouths, the words of their lips, let them be trapped in their pride. For the cursing and lies that they utter,

1 Peter 5:5

Likewise, you who are younger, be subject to the elders. Clothe yourselves, all of you, with humility toward one another, for “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.”

Obadiah 1:3

The pride of your heart has deceived you, you who live in the clefts of the rock, in your lofty dwelling, who say in your heart, “Who will bring me down to the ground?”

Proverbs 21:4

Haughty eyes and a proud heart, the lamp of the wicked, are sin.

#13 ·
good post bob. Simply said God wants us to love not hate. He want us to join together in loving him not building walls of false righteousness. Two or three of them all alone on here now. No more mighty wolf pack to come to there rescue. The few of them that actually knew the bible and could quote it without an internet search are gone. There just barely treading water because everyone here has there number. Everyone knows all they have left is hate and bitterness. Its actually quite sad. To watch guys who were once respected on here come to this. Everyone has things happen in there lives that are not a minor burr and don't turn to using the bible and God to condemn other Christians. Ever notice that not one of there posts are ever giving credit to other Christian organizations for the good they do. Nothing but the bad. Its not to late for them. God will forgive even hatred if they ask and repent.
I always give Charlie a break as he has something in his life that not a minor burr but to too many here this is just -- I am better than you are -- which the Bible condemns.

Romans 12:16

Live in harmony with one another. Do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly. Never be wise in your own sight.

Proverbs 13:10

By insolence comes nothing but strife, but with those who take advice is wisdom.

Philippians 2:3

Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.

Proverbs 27:2

Let another praise you, and not your own mouth; a stranger, and not your own lips.

Galatians 6:4

But let each one test his own work, and then his reason to boast will be in himself alone and not in his neighbor.

Proverbs 26:12

Do you see a man who is wise in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.

Psalm 59:12

For the sin of their mouths, the words of their lips, let them be trapped in their pride. For the cursing and lies that they utter,

1 Peter 5:5

Likewise, you who are younger, be subject to the elders. Clothe yourselves, all of you, with humility toward one another, for “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.”

Obadiah 1:3

The pride of your heart has deceived you, you who live in the clefts of the rock, in your lofty dwelling, who say in your heart, “Who will bring me down to the ground?”

Proverbs 21:4

Haughty eyes and a proud heart, the lamp of the wicked, are sin.

#11 ·
BOB. All those are good and true. But what about EZEKIAL that I told about?? If you saw your brother speeding towards a cliff and sudden death?? Wouldn't you warn him?? Of course you would.
LLOYD. I condemn or judge nobody, I'm telling the truth.
My Pastor or our Church has no email addy, He has no computer, doesn't want or need one. I'm not concerned about you, you are too far gone, but am concerned about fence sitters that might swing towards the catholic Church believing they don't have to accept Jesus and be saved BEFORE they die, IF somebody else can pray or buy them out of hades and into Heaven. CHARLIE.
:tango_face_surprise

#30 · (Edited)
Its how fringe groups survive. They try tearing down the big dog with lies and deception to help hide there inadequacy's. Same train of though the liberals use against our president. Guess I look at it this way. Billions of chirstians live and have lived. Billions of them have studied the bible. Biggest Christian church in the world now and always has been the catholic church. Ever wonder why that is? Truth is MANY more people believe that the catholics have it right then the few here that think they don't. Ill put it like this. If I was going fishing and 20 people at the dock with full coolers of fish told me to go to the north side of the lake and 2 guys with one fish in there cooler said to go to the south. I know which side of the lake im casting my line and if some rich evangelist preacher pulls up in his benz and gets out and blesses the lake and says Jesus told him to and that I should now give him money. Im going to put at least a 100 miles between me and that lake.

#14 · (Edited)
EZEKIAL ch 3. Verses 18- 21 leads me to believe that we are. It says that if we see our brother heading down the wrong road, sinning that we should tell him. If we don't then his sin is our sin too, and his blood will be on OUR hands, we are responsible as well as him.
IF he heeds our warning then he will be saved, if not then he will die. . There's more to this and I don't remember word for word.
I will continue to post about the stuff Catholics do that are NOT BIBLICAL. A warning to my brothers, as stated in EZEKIAL.
I backed away from telling the truth about it for many years, NO MORE covering up or ignoring the truth about Catholics. If I see something, I will print it. If speaking out and telling the truth saves even ONE soul from thinking they can be prayed into Heaven or OUT of hades I will be satisfied.
Catholics and muslims have a lot in common. CHARLIE.
Those are not some shot gun verses Charlie, they had a specific audience.

Ezekiel 2

2 And there doth come into me a spirit, when He hath spoken unto me, and it causeth me to stand on my feet, and I hear Him who is speaking unto me.
3 And He saith unto Me, `Son of man, I am sending thee unto the sons of Israel, unto nations who are rebels, who have rebelled against Me; they and their fathers have transgressed against Me, unto this self-same day.
4 And the sons [are] brazen-faced and hard-hearted to whom I am sending thee, and thou hast said unto them: Thus said the Lord Jehovah:
5 and they -- whether they hear, or whether they forbear, for a rebellious house they [are] -- have known that a prophet hath been in their midst.
6 `And thou, son of man, thou art not afraid of them, yea, of their words thou art not afraid, for briers and thorns are with thee, and near scorpions thou art dwelling, of their words thou art not afraid, and of their faces thou art not affrighted, for they [are] a rebellious house,
7 And thou hast spoken My words unto them, whether they hear or whether they forbear, for they [are] rebellious.

#15 ·
BOB. I was referring to EZEKIAL 3d chapter verses 18-21 I believe. As watchmen we are required to tell the truth when we see a brother going the wrong way and warn them. After we warn them with the truth the ball is in their court. They will either heed and believe, or keep going the wrong way. Their choice, our job is done. If they have questions that's great, answer them fully and truthfully.
God gave us all free will. We can choose good or evil, right or wrong, Heaven, or hades. I post these things for the folks on the fence and don't know the way to go. There are cults that teach that you don't have to be saved to go to Heaven, others teach that You can be prayed, or bought, out of ****, AFTER you die. That is a LIE. The ONLY way to Salvation and HEAVEN is through JESUS CHRIST, BEFORE you die. When you die, that decision has already been made and is final. Choose wisely my friends. CHARLIE.

#16 · (Edited)
Charlie, you are right.
I am sure that you are like myself, that you don't want to see anyone go to h*ll.
As I said in another post in this thread, "I am not so comfortable in my salvation that I would quit studying."
Even though we were ordered us to study, (2 Timothy 3:16) a few here call that works.
So those who say that can sit on their butts and explain to JESUS some day why they didn't follow orders, and how they added to the Bible and made fabulous ceremonies out of what JESUS showed us to be simple, humble, worship.
And, those that get their panties in a wad over criticism of their fancy robes, prayer beads, smoke pots, holy water and other gewgaws, really must have doubts about their chosen religion.
Anyone can feel free to criticize my Church. "First Christian Church"

And, asking a human in a robe to forgive their sins is a slap in the face to JESUS.

#31 · (Edited)
and what pray tell do I owe YOU a apology for? Did I break some rule here? I OWE YOU NOTHING! Never have never will. Now quit :tango_face_crying: and come up with a post that's got something relevant in it instead of just personal attacks. At least bugeye an powderman try to post something relevant. This one sounds like its right off the playground.
Lloyd, You need to go to confession!

And give me my apology.

#25 · (Edited)
In post #7 I tried to bring a bit of levity, in an effort to lower the level of rancor. I truly dislike any form of internecine conflict, and would prefer that we who

hold Jesus as our Savior, find a way to accommodate our differences, since we have too may forces already aligned against us...humanism, secularism,

atheism and the forces of Islam.

However we must always be ready "in season and out of season" to contend for the faith. That being said, some clarification is in order.

Praying for the dead will bear no fruit, since reservations for heaven should be arranged before we die. Notice, when Lazarus met the rich man who was

suffering in hades, the rich man asked Lazarus to warn his brothers, he didn't ask for his brothers to pray for him !

Some think they can get to heaven through works, study, good deeds or beating themselves with chains until their blood runs freely.

All these acts, when aimed at salvation, are an insult to Jesus who already paid for our sins with HIS BLOOD ! Do we really believe Jesus' blood was

not enough?

We must not lose sight of the paramount position Jesus holds, in regard to our salvation. Here are 100 scripture verses that show that jesus is the ONLY

way !

https://www.openbible.info/topics/jesus_being_the_only_way

#38 ·
Anybody know what the catholic Bible says in EZEKIAL chapter 3, verses 18-21???? What does it mean to any of you?? I know what it says and means. I'm simply trying to point out that believing certain cults will put your salvation into question. Want to believe what the cult teaches?? Your loss, not mine. Good luck. CHARLIE. :tango_face_sad:

#40 ·
That warning is severe, and certainly we should warn those in error, but I tend to think that particular warning was issued specifically to Ezekiel. By including vs 17, I think that is made transparent:

"17 Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me.
18 When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.
19 Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.

Of course, when God says "son of man", is he speaking to Ezekiel, or to all of us? Then there is the old testament..in view of the new testament.

Jesus said "if you love me, keep my commandments", and I presume that includes the great commission.

We are still obligated to warn those in error, but (IMO) more in love, than we have a severe punishment waiting.

Personally, I prefer to think of it as posting a personal DETOUR sign, for those in error, that's just my $.02 !

#44 · (Edited)
From that post #21:

"And, those that get their panties in a wad over criticism of their fancy robes, prayer beads, smoke pots, holy water and other gewgaws, …"

Bob may not have been as abusive as you think. Now anyone can do as they wish in their church, it's no skin off my knuckles.

...But so far as the material things listed in #21, I don't see Jesus or the apostles endorsing any of that stuff. In fact, it appears He and the apostles ran

around in regular street clothes, and didn't deal with any further accoutrements, ...although Jesus did at one point, use some mud to heal a blind man.

..But hey, if the extras help you in your worship, enjoy them ...just don't let anybody tell you they are somehow mandatory, since Jesus and

the apostles got along fine without them.

For instance, in our church we have hymnals and other music. We have chairs (got rid of the pews) and likely more expansive dinners than were served

when Jesus fed the 5,000 on the hillside..but there is no way we pretend this is the biblical pattern. We do it for fellowship and personal comfort.

#47 · (Edited)
Good shot, it was disgusting what they did to you and Byron. And the moderators were a part of it, or just stood around and watched it happen. Lloyd, don't wish that on bug or anyone else. In fact that site was
already failing, and so they started copying this one. And there's another one owned by a woman, that's
just as bad.

Heck, southern Californians don't even do that kind of crap.

#48 · (Edited)
Doctrinal discussions can be edifying, providing they don't devolve into name calling or trying to shame someone.

It keeps a Christian alert and sensitive to the word.

Of course, if you venture onto any website and find it has a "religious forum", there is no way you have to click onto that forum !

#60 ·
still crying ray????????:tango_face_smile_biJust so you know. I confess every day. Sometimes more then once
If Lloyd can't admit when he's wrong, I don't think he, being Catholic, can confess anything !!!

I bet he don't even try.

#54 ·
OK, I'll ask AGAIN. Several of you accuse me of judging. I've asked that ANY of you tell what the scripture in EZEKIAL, chapter 3, verses 18 through 21 I believe?? ANYBODY?? I know what it says AND means. Some of you are big enough to say I'm judging, so tell me the meaning of the scripture?? CHARLIE. CHARLIE.

#55 ·
It is speaking to Ezekiel about his chosen people and no one else, period.
It is a no second choice directive to EZEKIEL from GOD for EZEKIEL to deal with his chosen people.

It is not a text book for any one else.
The New Testament speaks of Christians looking out for the failings of others, and trying to guide them, THIS IS NOT IT.

#57 ·
Charlie;

In post #40 I explained that the instructions of (Ezek 3:18-20) were meant for Ezekiel alone. I have to take that back.. Further examination calls for me

to change my view. Yes God gave Ezekiel instructions, but clearly he calls for Ezekiel to "give them warning from me" (vs 17).

He goes further to say, that if Ezekiel doesn't give them warning.. "his blood I will require at your hand" (vs 18).

In verse 19, God says that if Ezekiel does warn them and they ignore him, at least he Ezekiel has "delivered his own soul".

I don't know how I misread that passage, but I did.. I WAS WRONG in post #40.....my apologies to all...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.