Salvation is ONLY through JESUS CHRIST. - Graybeard Outdoors
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 223 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

Default Salvation is ONLY through JESUS CHRIST.

The Roman Catholic Church claim that Mary is in Heaven and is co-redeemer with Jesus.

"That we may rightly say she (Mary) redeemed the human race together with Christ." (Benedict XV, Inter Sodalicia, 1918)

"In fact, by being assumed into Heaven she (Mary) has not laid aside the office of salvation, but by the manifold intercession she continues to obtain for us the grace of eternal salvation." (John Paul II, Dives in Misericordia, 1980, quoting Lumen Gentium)

Praise God that we have His Word to expose these false and dangerous teachings. There is ONLY ONE Mediator between God and man, and that is Christ Jesus. The Bible also reveals that those who have died in Christ are still in their graves awaiting the resurrection. Mary is in her grave, NOT in heaven.

1 Timothy 2:5 .....'For there is one God, and ONE MEDIATOR between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.'

Catholic False Doctrine 5

The Roman Catholic Church claim that salvation is only possible through herself.

"There is no salvation outside the church (Roman Catholic Church)." (Pope John Paul II, Radio Message for Francisan Vigil at St Peter's and Assisi, October 3, 1981)

"Salvation is to be found nowhere but in the church (Roman Catholic Church), the strong and effective instrument of salvation is none other than the Roman Pontificate." (Pope Leo XIII, Allocution for the 25th Anniversary of his election, February 20, 1903. (Papal Teachings: The Church, Benedictine Monks of Solesmes, St Paul Editions, Boston, 1962, par. 653)

Again, the Bible exposes this teaching of the Roman Catholic Church as false. Not only that, it is one of the most dangerous doctrines there is. To say that salvation lies only within the Roman Catholic Church is blasphemous against the ONLY ONE who can save us, which is Jesus Christ.

Acts 4:10-12 .....'Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole. This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 223 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 10:41 PM

I have to disagree with part of the article.
There is evidence that when we die we go to either Heaven or h*ll.
Luke 16:24 tells us of the rich man and Lazarus, one in h*ll, one in Heaven.

The RCC and the C-of-C both claim that they are the one true church and the only way to Heaven.
Luke 9:49-50 tells us that both of those cults are full of BS.

The ONLY way to heaven is by accepting JESUS as your savior, and asking HIM directly to forgive your sins, and studying as he commanded to try and be as much like him as is humanly possible.
The pope and his cult is exactly like the JWs and mormons.
They have added so much to their vain ceremonies that JESUS condemned.
Even their fancy robes are a sin per JESUS. Mark 12:38-39

Every thing about the RCC is non-biblical.
They will deny that they worship Mary, but their own "holy father" said they do.

HEAVEN HAS A WALL, A GATE, AND A STRICT IMMIGRATION POLICY.
H*LL HAS OPEN BORDERS. taken from fox news

DEMOCRATS/ABORTIONISTS SHOULD TAKE HEED OF THE FACT THAT BABIES ARE GOD'S MOST PRECIOUS.

MURDER BABIES AND YOU "WILL" BURN FOR ETERNITY.
post #3 of 223 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 10:46 PM Thread Starter

Red face

The ONLY way to heaven is by accepting JESUS as your savior, and asking HIM directly to forgive your sins, and studying as he commanded to try and be as much like him as is humanly possible.

AMEN BROTHER. CHHARLIE.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 223 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderman View Post
AMEN BROTHER. CHHARLIE.
Careful Charlie, where in the Bible does it say that studying to try to imitate Jesus is necessary to get into heaven.

All the RCC hating and verbal spewing of I am glad I am better than them, does nothing for one's soul.
I have been to a lot of their services and not once was I told to worship Mary.
The below is ALL that is necessary to be saved; saying there are other whoops is the same man made type rules making that is used to blame the RCC for ignoring the Bible.

14 `And as Moses did lift up the serpent in the wilderness, so it behoveth the Son of Man to be lifted up,
15 that every one who is believing in him may not perish, but may have life age-during,
16 for God did so love the world, that His Son -- the only begotten -- He gave, that every one who is believing in him may not perish, but may have life age-during.
17 For God did not send His Son to the world that he may judge the world, but that the world may be saved through him;
18 he who is believing in him is not judged, but he who is not believing hath been judged already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

If one is going to be an ordained preacher then yes , that one had put his life in a small box, by the one's choice.
Nothing is to come before God in that one's life, not parents, not wife, not children and I am sure there are a lot of them that will burn because they put themselves before God.

The Bible states the rules there are for them.

RR

Last edited by Bob Riebe; 09-15-2019 at 11:43 PM.
post #5 of 223 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Riebe View Post
Careful Charlie, where in the Bible does it say that studying to try to imitate Jesus is necessary to get into heaven.

All the RCC hating and verbal spewing of I am glad I am better than them, does nothing for one's soul.
I have been to a lot of their services and not once was I told to worship Mary.
The below is ALL that is necessary to be saved; saying there are other whoops is the same man made type rules making that is used to blame the RCC for ignoring the Bible.

14 `And as Moses did lift up the serpent in the wilderness, so it behoveth the Son of Man to be lifted up,
15 that every one who is believing in him may not perish, but may have life age-during,
16 for God did so love the world, that His Son -- the only begotten -- He gave, that every one who is believing in him may not perish, but may have life age-during.
17 For God did not send His Son to the world that he may judge the world, but that the world may be saved through him;
18 he who is believing in him is not judged, but he who is not believing hath been judged already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

If one is going to be an ordained preacher then yes , that one had put his life in a small box, by the one's choice.
Nothing is to come before God in that one's life, not parents, not wife, not children and I am sure there are a lot of them that will burn because they put themselves before God.

The Bible states the rules there are for them.
The difference in words sometimes can change the meaning of scripture.
Your examples above uses the word "may" which means you "may" not perish if you do the right things.
It does not say "will."
So that you "may" not perish, you can do as directed in the following scriptures.
Acts 17:11
2 Timothy 2:15
2 Timothy 3:16-17
You "may" or "may" not read those, I don't know if you "will."

HEAVEN HAS A WALL, A GATE, AND A STRICT IMMIGRATION POLICY.
H*LL HAS OPEN BORDERS. taken from fox news

DEMOCRATS/ABORTIONISTS SHOULD TAKE HEED OF THE FACT THAT BABIES ARE GOD'S MOST PRECIOUS.

MURDER BABIES AND YOU "WILL" BURN FOR ETERNITY.
post #6 of 223 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugeye View Post
The difference in words sometimes can change the meaning of scripture.
Your examples above uses the word "may" which means you "may" not perish if you do the right things.
It does not say "will."
So that you "may" not perish, you can do as directed in the following scriptures.
Acts 17:11
2 Timothy 2:15
2 Timothy 3:16-17
You "may" or "may" not read those, I don't know if you "will."

Oh you are write as if this part of a sentence did not use may, rather than would, then every one, period, would be saved without regard to belief in Jesus -- that he may judge the world, but that the world may be saved through him;

As I said, Timothy was one who put him self in the box of being a true minister of the Word, so he has to live up to a higher standard.that does not apply to the average Christian.
One is saved by Faith, through Grace; there is not other hoop to jump through.
To say other wise means one is of the doctrine that man's works are what really count not faith in Jesus.

RR

Last edited by Bob Riebe; 09-16-2019 at 02:16 PM.
post #7 of 223 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 03:24 PM

Location: 3 miles NW of Brownells retail store and they keep me broke!

Bob those 5 verses that you shared from John chapter 3 are all spot on. However one has to act on what is being said as just having a head knowledge of those verses means nothing. I'm not throwing darts your way because I do not know you and besides only God sees a man's heart!

James 2:19 says that demons know that there is one God and they shudder. They also know that Jesus was virgin born, lived a sinless life, took on Him the sins of the world, died a cruel death in our place and rose again on the third day and they shudder even more. Vs 36 says he that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life. Satan and his demons believe that there is a son of God. The difference is that they aren't given the opportunity to act upon it.

Romans 3:10 tells us that no one is worthy of God's acceptance.

Romans 5:12 says that sin entered the world because one man sinned. Hence we are all sinners....every last one of us.

Romans 6:23 the penalty for sin is death but God gives a gift of eternal life through his Son Jesus Christ.

Romans 10:9-10 This one seals the deal. If you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is the Lord", and believe with your heart(not the same head knowledge that Satan and his demons possess) that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

Romans 10:13 Everyone that calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Since the Bible is entirely true know that these verses are only backing up what was said in John chapter 3 with a bit more detail!
post #8 of 223 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa&hisguns View Post
Satan and his demons believe that there is a son of God. The difference is that they aren't given the opportunity to act upon it.
I have heard that version of Satan and the fallen angels know who God is many times. The real difference is they lived in the same local as the triune God when they rebelled against the one True God.
It has nothing to do with faith of any sort or having never know of any sort, they knew, they rebelled and they were cast out to eventually get the just reward that comes with stupidity.

Man's salvation is based on faith, not knowing because of proof as was necessary for Thomas. The angels of heaven that rebelled knew and know, totally different from what man deals with.
The fact they even dared rebel shows there is far more to God's kingdom's society than man can even imagine except man left to him self cannot listen to God any better than the angels did.

RR
post #9 of 223 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

BOB. The BIBLE tells us to be as much like Jesus as we can, to be like him, I'm not going to look them up. If you have read the whole BIBLE, you have read it several times, CHARLIE.
post #10 of 223 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 06:55 PM

Yes brother, we are being conformed to the image of the Son, if we are walking out the plan He has for our lives.

Come quickly, Lord Jesus
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page