Mary, The Golden Calf, Idolatry, And The Roman Catholic Organization - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 126 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
Dee

In Exodus Chapter 32 the Israelites without Moses' leadership slipped into "idolatry" melting down their gold, and constructing a "Golden Calf".
They prayed to this calf, they gave offerings, they believed it to have power over their lives, and their future. It was by their belief, and actions, "their god". It was "IDOLATRY"!

If we as Christian's were to put our Bible on an altar, and pray to that Bible, and believe that Bible to have power over our lives, that Bible would be "an idol".

But Christian's who miss my point will say the Bible does have power.
No, the Bible contains "God's Word". The knowledge of God's Word is where the power lies.

But what if we kneel before a statue of?

How about "Rocky Balboa "?
We could pray to ole Rocky to make us the tuffest guy walkin. But like the "Golden Calf" Rocky was FICTION.

Like it or not, the Golden Calf worshippers took the "room temperature challenge" via Gods wrath. For IDOLATRY!

So what's the difference in kneeling and praying, before a statue of Mary, or any other dead person, or fictional person or animal?
Or just praying to a dead person and believing that, that dead person can somehow intervene, or affect ones life?

Answer; There is no difference.

Mary, and all the others are dead.
Praying to Mary, or any other dead man or woman, catholic or not, "IS IDOLATRY".

Only Enoch, and Elijah escaped death. Only they, never tasted death.

Mary, and all the others are DEAD in Christ.
DEAD UNTIL RESURRECTION MORNING.

God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost, shares His Glory with know one.
Including Mary, and ALL other dead folks, catholic or not.

"No man" comes unto the Father except by HIM.

ALL ELSE "IS IDOLATRY"!

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty

Last edited by Dee; 10-14-2019 at 09:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 126 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 10:47 AM

I agree.
You can also include rosary beads which "send" a prayer on your behalf, or the smoke pot which is supposed to send a prayer up to GOD.
Then the adoration of priests, popes, and other humans like "mother superior" who is nobody's mother.

All of the gew-gaws added to their worship are idols which are included to impress humans, not GOD.

HEAVEN HAS A WALL, A GATE, AND A STRICT IMMIGRATION POLICY.
H*LL HAS OPEN BORDERS. taken from fox news

DEMOCRATS/ABORTIONISTS SHOULD TAKE HEED OF THE FACT THAT BABIES ARE GOD'S MOST PRECIOUS.

MURDER BABIES AND YOU "WILL" BURN FOR ETERNITY.
post #3 of 126 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugeye View Post
I agree.
You can also include rosary beads which "send" a prayer on your behalf, or the smoke pot which is supposed to send a prayer up to GOD
All of the gew-gaws added to their worship are idols which are included to impress humans, not GOD.
Your ignorance is obvious again as it has been explained what the beads are for and they do not send any thing but your -- I am so much better a Christian than them -- arrogance probably rules your life, que sera sera.

Dee is correct about the elevation of Mary; even some within the Roman Catholic church have said that some Clergical members are raising her to a god like level.

RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 126 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugeye View Post
I agree.
You can also include rosary beads which "send" a prayer on your behalf, or the smoke pot which is supposed to send a prayer up to GOD.
Then the adoration of priests, popes, and other humans like "mother superior" who is nobody's mother.

The smoke of burning incense is interpreted by both the Western Catholic and Eastern Christian churches as a symbol of the prayer of the faithful rising to heaven. This symbolism is seen in Psalm 141 (140), verse 2: "Let my prayer be directed as incense in thy sight: the lifting up of my hands, as evening sacrifice."
post #5 of 126 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
Dee

Luke Chapter 1 verses 9&10, and Revelation Chapter 8 verse 3 concerns the burning of incense.
I would conclude the burning of incense would depend on the occasion as to whether it would be sinful.

But the topic is not about burning incense, it concerns IDOLATRY, and praying to them which constitutes worship of idols.

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty

Last edited by Dee; 10-14-2019 at 06:00 PM.
post #6 of 126 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 06:37 PM

Location: 3 miles NW of Brownells retail store and they keep me broke!

When I was a kid of about 10 playing in Riverside Park in Charles City Iowa I found the little statue of Mary laying by a park bench. I picked it up and carried it with me wondering what to do with it. As I crossed the Cedar River bridge I tossed it into the water and it sunk like a rock. I figure it is still there and doing about as much good as any statue of Mary sitting on a dashboard anywhere.

You nailed it Dee! The statue of Mary is just another false hope!
post #7 of 126 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 06:51 PM

I always liked that Golden Calf story . especially the part where Moses made them grind it into dust an eat it .
post #8 of 126 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 06:58 PM

Why should that concern anyone who isn't even associated with them. They're not going to believe you, or change their ways just because you don't approve. To try and save them? Even so you're going about that
the wrong way. A lot of Catholics end up becomeing a Baptist because they were gently nudged in that
direction.

Not because someone on a forum ridiculed what they currently are and have always been, or what they
trying to become without being pressured. That's just bad diplomacy, they now know all of that let them
come to what they want to come to by grace.

Last edited by Argent11; 10-14-2019 at 07:10 PM.
post #9 of 126 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Riebe View Post
Your ignorance is obvious again as it has been explained what the beads are for and they do not send any thing but your -- I am so much better a Christian than them -- arrogance probably rules your life, que sera sera.

Dee is correct about the elevation of Mary; even some within the Roman Catholic church have said that some Clergical members are raising her to a god like level.
JESUS himself taught the proper way to pray and it did not include any "things" such as rosary beads.
Depending on a bead to send a prayer, and to send hail marys is idol worship.
catholics use them exactly like the Jews did the golden calf.

JESUS made everything so simple, and humans have mucked it up.

HEAVEN HAS A WALL, A GATE, AND A STRICT IMMIGRATION POLICY.
H*LL HAS OPEN BORDERS. taken from fox news

DEMOCRATS/ABORTIONISTS SHOULD TAKE HEED OF THE FACT THAT BABIES ARE GOD'S MOST PRECIOUS.

MURDER BABIES AND YOU "WILL" BURN FOR ETERNITY.
post #10 of 126 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 07:27 PM

Gun Cabinet

Will there be a thread about evangelical and fundamentalist idolatry?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page