JOHN 21:13. JESUS saith unto them, come and dine. - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

Default JOHN 21:13. JESUS saith unto them, come and dine.

Morning

"Jesus saith unto them, Come and dine."
John 21:12

In these words the believer is invited to a holy nearness to Jesus. "Come and dine," implies the same table, the same meat; aye, and sometimes it means to sit side by side, and lean our head upon the Saviour's bosom. It is being brought into the banqueting-house, where waves the banner of redeeming love. "Come and dine," gives us a vision of union with Jesus, because the only food that we can feast upon when we dine with Jesus is himself. Oh, what union is this! It is a depth which reason cannot fathom, that we thus feed upon Jesus. "He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him." It is also an invitation to enjoy fellowship with the saints. Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup.

As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. If we were more near to Jesus we should be more near to one another. We likewise see in these words the source of strength for every Christian. To look at Christ is to live, but for strength to serve him you must "come and dine." We labour under much unnecessary weakness on account of neglecting this precept of the Master. We none of us need to put ourselves on low diet; on the contrary, we should fatten on the marrow and fatness of the gospel that we may accumulate strength therein, and urge every power to its full tension in the Master's service. Thus, then, if you would realize nearness to Jesus, union with Jesus, love to his people and strength from Jesus, "come and dine" with him by faith.

Evening

"With thee is the fountain of life."
Psalm 36:9

There are times in our spiritual experience when human counsel or sympathy, or religious ordinances, fail to comfort or help us. Why does our gracious God permit this? Perhaps it is because we have been living too much without him, and he therefore takes away everything upon which we have been in the habit of depending, that he may drive us to himself. It is a blessed thing to live at the fountain head. While our skin- bottles are full, we are content, like Hagar and Ishmael, to go into the wilderness; but when those are dry, nothing will serve us but "Thou God seest me." We are like the prodigal, we love the swine-troughs and forget our Father's house. Remember, we can make swine-troughs and husks even out of the forms of religion; they are blessed things, but we may put them in God's place, and then they are of no value. Anything becomes an idol when it keeps us away from God: even the brazen serpent is to be despised as "Nehushtan," if we worship it instead of God.

The prodigal was never safer than when he was driven to his father's bosom, because he could find sustenance nowhere else. Our Lord favours us with a famine in the land that it may make us seek after himself the more. The best position for a Christian is living wholly and directly on God's grace--still abiding where he stood at first--"Having nothing, and yet possessing all things." Let us never for a moment think that our standing is in our sanctification, our mortification, our graces, or our feelings, but know that because Christ offered a full atonement, therefore we are saved; for we are complete in him. Having nothing of our own to trust to, but resting upon the merits of Jesus--his passion and holy life furnish us with the only sure ground of confidence. Beloved, when we are brought to a thirsting condition, we are sure to turn to the fountain of life with eagerness.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Oh, what union is this! It is a depth which reason cannot fathom, that we thus feed upon Jesus. "He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him."
Ill give that a big AMEN! Wow those are some powerful words right there. "reason cannot fathom" but days are spent here trying to find reason not to believe and one thing about the TRUTH is that its pretty hard to argue unless your whole audience craves your lie.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!

Last edited by lloyd smale; 10-16-2019 at 01:02 PM.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 01:13 PM
Dee

John had it right powderman. We should "dine spiritually" with, and on, Christ dailey.
He is the "Fountain of Truth".

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 01:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
John had it right powderman. We should "dine spiritually" with, and on, Christ dailey.
He is the "Fountain of Truth".
DEE. Reading the Bible daily feeds my soul and my mind.
CHARLIE.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 02:06 PM
Dee

As it should.

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 09:26 AM

if reading it fills you could you imagine what it feels like to actually put it to work and act like a Christian. Comes a time when you need to put the instruction book down stick the batterys in and start using it. Then and only then will you really benefit from those instructions.

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 10:18 AM

Gun Cabinet

lloyd, do you read any instructions to anything?

Ray
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaySendero View Post
lloyd, do you read any instructions to anything?
Apparently not.
Plus he follows Powderman and Dee around sowing discord. Similar to a 6 year old kid.

HEAVEN HAS A WALL, A GATE, AND A STRICT IMMIGRATION POLICY.
H*LL HAS OPEN BORDERS. taken from fox news

DEMOCRATS/ABORTIONISTS SHOULD TAKE HEED OF THE FACT THAT BABIES ARE GOD'S MOST PRECIOUS.

MURDER BABIES AND YOU "WILL" BURN FOR ETERNITY.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 06:24 AM

You two are the worse offenders on this fourm for following around and taking shots. Even dee doesn't compare. He doesn't have to. Hes smart enough to let you two do 75 percent of his dirty work. Id really like to take this time to thank him. Ive had many hours of entertainment dealing with you two. Little bit of friendly advice though. Your personal attack is against is against fourm rules. Lucky for you that unlike you guys im no narc and can handle myself without crying to the management.

Last edited by lloyd smale; 10-18-2019 at 06:27 AM.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 07:04 AM

Faith and peace go together, where there is faith, there is peace. If we see no peace, there is no faith.

Come quickly, Lord Jesus

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page