Where did all the .35 Remmy's go? - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 10:58 AM Thread Starter

Default Where did all the .35 Remmy's go?

I got the taste of CVA Scout V2 (45/70) and I was wanting another!

Started cruising the net for a .35 Remington and they are nowhere to be found. Many reports of excellent accuracy. Why in the world did CVA drop that chambering? That is my favorite woods chambering for deer hunting.

I've got a Handi .35 Rem, but that Scout V2 is so sweet!!

Still living under the curse, but one of these days I will shed this body, be clothed with an immortal one, and everything will be good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 12:32 PM

Just a guess, but I would say low sales on the .35 Rem. They do make them in .35 Whelen, and I might cold be tempted by that or a .45/70 myself. I see that CVA is now offering a bolt action centerfire rifle.

Last edited by Hudge; 03-01-2019 at 11:36 AM.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 01:04 PM

I'm in the process of assembling an H&R one, just waiting on all the pieces to get here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 11:58 PM

Iíve got a stainless/synthetic CVA in 35 Remington, itís a very good shooter. I highly recommend picking one up if you get the chance.
peak98

Your most important weapon sits on top of you shoulders, everything else is just equipment.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 09:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by peak98 View Post
Iíve got a stainless/synthetic CVA in 35 Remington, itís a very good shooter. I highly recommend picking one up if you get the chance.
peak98
That is what I had picked out and found on clearance for $246 at a store up north. By the time the next weekend had rolled around for me to venture up and get it, inventory had went to zero. They would not do a sale and pickup.

Still living under the curse, but one of these days I will shed this body, be clothed with an immortal one, and everything will be good.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 08:15 AM

Have you checked out the Traditions Outfitter G2? They are producing it in .35 Rem I see.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 08:23 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudge View Post
Have you checked out the Traditions Outfitter G2? They are producing it in .35 Rem I see.

Thanks for the suggestion.

#1 - Don't like the barrel release (just like the CVA Hunter) location.
#2 - Over and above the Scout V2 price even before the closeout sale.

Guess I will just have to be happy with our 2 Handis until I can find someone that is willing to turn loose of their Scout V2.

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegahunter View Post
Thanks for the suggestion.

#1 - Don't like the barrel release (just like the CVA Hunter) location.
#2 - Over and above the Scout V2 price even before the closeout sale.

Guess I will just have to be happy with our 2 Handis until I can find someone that is willing to turn loose of their Scout V2.

I honestly didn't know Traditions was making center fire rifles until a couple days ago. I knew CVA has been for several years now, I wish I would have picked up a CVA Apex.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 09:07 PM

Gun Cabinet

I have a Traditions G2 Outfitter in 357 Mag/Max. It handles nicely, has a short hammer with an extension, floated barrel, and the trigger can be adjusted easier than any Handi ever made. It shoots real well too! It's probably gonna be my "Forever Maxi." It weighs 7lbs 2ox with a Nikon ProStaff 3-9x40 in Burris SS Zee rings. It will soon get a Leupold VX3i 2.5-8x36 which should put it down under 7lbs.

I couldn't be happier with it.

Thanks, Dinny

I reload and shoot 348 Win, 358 Win, 6.5 Grendel, 30-06 Springfield, 300 BLK, 44 Mag, 357 Maximum, 9mm, 45 ACP, 45 Colt, 225 Win and 35 Rem
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinny View Post
I have a Traditions G2 Outfitter in 357 Mag/Max. It handles nicely, has a short hammer with an extension, floated barrel, and the trigger can be adjusted easier than any Handi ever made. It shoots real well too! It's probably gonna be my "Forever Maxi." It weighs 7lbs 2ox with a Nikon ProStaff 3-9x40 in Burris SS Zee rings. It will soon get a Leupold VX3i 2.5-8x36 which should put it down under 7lbs.

I couldn't be happier with it.

Thanks, Dinny
just proof that some research and trial and error and knowledge you make a great rifle. People expect too much out of a sub 400 rifle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Handis 223 Superlight, 357 Maxi x 2,
Pardners 410 22''full, 20ga Tamer, 20ga 20' threaded for chokes youth model, Pardner 12ga 18.5 threaded for chokes.
too many numerous ones that have been sold

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page