Scout V2 6.5 Creedmoor - Page 2 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-19-2020, 08:00 AM Thread Starter

Picked up the 6.5 yesterday. It is NIB as stated. I was assuming I was getting a standard scout. The dealer called me Wednesday and said he had bad news. Said I was getting a standard and not a take down model. Said the ad was incorrect. I didn't even read that in the ad so I really didn't care. Turns out it was a take down model. Dealer didn't know the difference. I called him to tell him and he was surprised. I then explained to him how to tell the difference, he was thankful. Leaves one warm and fuzzy doesn't it?

Initial review:
Started by giving it a good cleaning. Nice fit and finish. Trigger is nice. Virtually no creep. Action locks up tight and I couldn't feel any discernible lateral play between the barrel and action. I was concerned about this being it is a take down model. The gun is stainless, but it came with black scope base. I had picked up 3 sets of CVA base with rings in "stainless" color several years back at Academy on clearance for a few bucks. Really bought for the rings, but the base fits this gun perfect. So I installed the "stainless" base and rings. I installed a Nikon 4-12x40 BDC on it. Wished I had a "stainless" scope to match, but the black will have to do. The extended trigger spur clears the scope nicely. Bore sighted it and plan on hitting the range this evening. Will probably only get to shoot at 40 yards to test for function since I am taking a neighbor to shoot on the pistol range and may not have time to go up to rifle range.

I did notice a couple of set screws on the barrel under the quick release forearm. Not positive, but think one maybe for pre-loading the barrel, maybe to tune loads?? I will have to post pictures later.

More to come.

Rosewood

Go Donald Go!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-26-2020, 03:50 PM

The barrels on these rifles are made by Bergara in Spain, and are of very high quality. I have a bolt rifle with a Bergara barrel in 6.5CM, and it is an under 1 inch 5 shot grouper with a variety of factory ammo. I haven't handloaded for it yet, but expect it will do even better. If you don't handload, S&B 140 grain FMJBT is sub 1 inch ammo for about $14.00 a box.

Larry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200517_183747.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	246460  

Personal opinion is a good thing, and everyone is entitled to one. The hard part is separating informed opinion from someone who is just blowing hot air....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page