Weather Forecast - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-07-2014, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

Default Weather Forecast

Today, hot and sticky. Tomorrow, hot and sticky followed by 99% chance of hot and sticky until mid October. The only break from the hot and sticky will be scattered pop up afternoon showers immediately followed by hot and sticky. 50% chance of hurricane followed by hot and sticky. Expect continued hot and sticky. Cotton and watermelons should do well. Corn will wilt until the afternoon showers , perk up over night and wilt again due to the hot and sticky. Okra will do fine as it is a native of Africa where it thrives on hot and sticky. Hello from the land of Cotton. Hope all my fellow southerners enjoy the hot and sticky. I do not complain about cold. You can put on more clothes , build a fire to stay warm. You cant stay cool running around neked in the south.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-07-2014, 11:07 PM

Default Re: Weather Forecast

As someone that has suffered from heat exhaustion I agree your forecast sounds miserable. I'm a son of the south but I too can get enough clothes on to stay warm, no matter how cold. I cant get enough clothes off to stay cool either . But one thing I can tell you for sure. No matter how hot it gets, you can sure get arrested for running around neked in the south!

The United States Constitution, Copyright 1791.
All rights reserved.....
MOLON LABE 3%er
NEED MORE GUN CONTROL?
TRY USING TWO HANDS!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

It appears I should up date my weather forecast. At least until the hot and sticky kicks in. Buy a boat . That's about all I got.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 09:49 PM

I lived in the north (Chicago) for 61 years, moved to Central FL 9 years ago and never looked back.
Maybe if your still working on a outside job the weather in the south can be uncomfortable. But otherwise I can always cool off in AC or the swimming pool or just wait till evening when the sun goes down.
For 8 months a year or more you can never go outside without checking the temp and figuring out how many layers of cloths you need to put on so you don't freeze your a-s off.

I kick myself in the butt for not moving down here many years ago. You folks that choose to live up there in the icebox of the north, have at it.
NEVER AGAIN for me.

Vietnam 1969-70, US Army Infantry, 1st Cavalry Division (Airmobile)

Support the NRA, Patriot Life Patron Member
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 11:19 PM

I foolishly moved to Pensacola when I first got married, a long time ago. I quickly left there and moved to Alabama.. if I move again it will be to the east Tennessee mountains or west North Carolina mountains.

I just don't like Florida at all.

Tom
Alabama Hunter and firearms safety instructor

I really like my handguns and Single shot rifles!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 01:30 PM

It looks like summer is here in Alabama, At least for the next week.....

Tom

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 02:32 PM

Location: 3 miles NW of Brownells retail store and they keep me broke!

It was 39 degrees at my house in Iowa this morning. The deadline for having corn in the ground is May 20th. It's been to wet and the soil temp too cold for germination. Very little corn planted as of yet. Crop yields drop pretty fast for corn planted after the 20th.

As for me personally. I would rather be outside at -10 than 95 any day. I can go bare handed down to +20 and think nothing of it. However I can't stand very much heat!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa&hisguns View Post
As for me personally. I would rather be outside at -10 than 95 any day.
I think you may have suffered frost bite of the brain at some point in your formative years.
You have my sympathy for not being able to enjoy living in a climate that's as close to paradise as life on earth offers.

Vietnam 1969-70, US Army Infantry, 1st Cavalry Division (Airmobile)

Support the NRA, Patriot Life Patron Member
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 07:40 AM

Location: 3 miles NW of Brownells retail store and they keep me broke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal1950 View Post
I think you may have suffered frost bite of the brain at some point in your formative years.
You have my sympathy for not being able to enjoy living in a climate that's as close to paradise as life on earth offers.
Are you in kahoots with my kids? Every summer I get invited to go to Florida and lay on the beaches for a week. My son just asked me again and said," Dad it's on me!" Man I have made hay, dug ditches and climbed telephone poles all of my life in the 90 degree heat. It makes no sense to go to a beach stick a pole in the dirt(sand) and then hang an umbrella from it then crawl under that umbrella only to escape from the sun. Heck I have a deal in my front yard that keeps the sun off of me.....it's called a tree. Besides I have wood to split and I am not leaving my 2 bird dogs to anyone else's care for a week period!

Now if he wanted to take me to the Dakotas to kill some pheasants then I'd be all for it and the dogs could sleep in a bed in the motel. I would give the cleaning lady and extra $100 and she would say thank you in a foreign language and all would be good!

My dream would be to retire and move to a place in the brush near a town called Fairbanks, Alaska! Waking up to a growling bear would be cool. Swimming in salty water with jelly fish, sharks and riptides ain't for me. Besides I don't have enough butt to hold up a speedo anymore!

There was a day when those bikini clad girls looked good on the back of my Harley. However those days are 40 years removed. Now they all look like someones grand daughter and if they are my grand daughters then I tell them to get some close on cuz what they have ain't for advertising.

Yup, I'm an old coot but my cootedness is now refined! I should have been a mountain man!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 12:52 AM

I really don't like Florida. I'm as close as I care to be. I'll go for a visit if I must.
The weather here the last two weeks has been hot, but I managed to grill some chicken legs once each week.
Summer is here.

Tom

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page