School is almost started. - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 02:45 AM Thread Starter

Default School is almost started.

We spent most of the day after my doctor's appointment at the school trying to get Lori's classroom squared away. I was informed,( as I had forgotten) that Alabama Power is going to be putting up new power lines in our area and the power should be off for about eight hours or so tomorrow. We're going back to the school and do some more work, and we are going to take Lori's mother with us, as she wouldn't be able to stand the heat for that length of time.

At least she'll be in an air conditioned building.

I'm excited.....

Tom
Alabama Hunter and firearms safety instructor

I really like my handguns and Single shot rifles!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 12:06 PM

That's strange.
Our power is scheduled to be off for several hours tomorrow too.
Hmmm??

On a side note, for the first time in 25 years, my wife don't have to roll out at dawn to go work in the prison, er, school.

HEAVEN HAS A WALL, A GATE, AND A STRICT IMMIGRATION POLICY.
H*LL HAS OPEN BORDERS. taken from fox news

DEMOCRATS/ABORTIONISTS SHOULD TAKE HEED OF THE FACT THAT BABIES ARE GOD'S MOST PRECIOUS.

MURDER BABIES AND YOU "WILL" BURN FOR ETERNITY.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

Lori wondered why she only has fourteen students. She found out today.

Ten of them are "special needs" kids, most of them being special ed kids.

But, with the "no child left behind" program, everything is going to be just peachy........

Why do I think she's going to come home frustrated as can be this year?

Tom

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 02:21 PM

The regular kids at my wife's school last year were scared of the BD kids (behavior disorder)and their grades showed it.
About 10 kids disrupted the entire school.
And nearly every day one of them would escape and run to the nearby Walmart and assault someone.

And the school board is too scared of the loudmouth, obscene, and threatening parents of those kids to correct the situation, which IMO should be expulsion.

HEAVEN HAS A WALL, A GATE, AND A STRICT IMMIGRATION POLICY.
H*LL HAS OPEN BORDERS. taken from fox news

DEMOCRATS/ABORTIONISTS SHOULD TAKE HEED OF THE FACT THAT BABIES ARE GOD'S MOST PRECIOUS.

MURDER BABIES AND YOU "WILL" BURN FOR ETERNITY.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 03:11 PM

Location: 3 miles NW of Brownells retail store and they keep me broke!

Boy does this thread strike home. I am retiring from our school district in 336 days and can not wait. I can not stand the ones that are mouthy little delinquents. They call all the shots at home and now they are calling them at the school. I have been called every filthy name that I ever heard when amongst the biker crowds only from kindergarten through 2nd graders.

We wonder where school shooters come from? They are home grown. You can't tell them no, you can't lay a hand on them , you can't discipline them in any way. No discipline and no respect means that they are in control.

All of a sudden they turn 18 and find out that this big bad world doesn't care if they get their way or not and they go off the deep end! The poor cops get to deal with them and most of the time it's after the fact.

I have been here long enough to watch this full cycle happen numerous times. What's worst is the next generation of them!

Bugeye, I am happy for your wife! My wife could have retired next year with me but chose to stay until 65. She is a socialite and I am anything but.

Tom W, I'll pray for your wife! Seriously!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 09:54 PM Thread Starter

Today she came home kinda late. She said that every other teacher except her was told that Lori had the "cluster" this year. But I reminded her that I told her that when she told me about the student list and patterns.

I need to get to the range next Saturday and empty some loaded ammunition.....I know my 9mm's are going as I have to check the new bullets to see if they are the proper diameter for my CZ. Then I may fire form some more 30/30 A.I. brass....

Tom

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 12:09 AM Thread Starter

Well, Lori made the week fairly well. She has one student who will literally eat anything, from pencils to glue sticks. And she is very good at hiding her actions.
Her mother told Lori of the child's disorder. When asked what was being done to correct it the mother said "Nothing, just keep a close eye on her."

The next thing Lori asked was the school legal team to see if she could get sued due to the child's actions. Fortunately, as this is a pre-existing condition and the parents are well aware and complacent to say the least, my wife is clear on that account. She still has to keep an eye on the child, and I imagine that it will make teaching a lot more challenging this year.

Tom

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page