Out of the hospital....,.... again. - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-24-2020, 08:39 PM Thread Starter

Default Out of the hospital....,.... again.

Sometime around Christmas I got a small dry cough.I finally relented and went to see my doctor. Lori took me. Somehow I managed to lose 30 pounds In a very few months. The Dr prescribed a round of antibiotics, which I took and barfed up half of them. I was too weak to drive, and didn't want to kill anyone. My next appointment was one week, and my DIL came up and drove me. In that week I lost another 10 pounds. The doctor assistant took a look at me, called the regular Dr. In and in five minutes I was on my way to the emergency room at St. Francis hospital in Columbus. They put one type of medicine into my power port the whole time I was there. I believe it was a week and some, I have no idea. They got a lung doctor to look at the x-rays and CAT scan and he wanted to do a lung biopsy to make sure my colon cancer hadn't spread. I thought I had pneumonia.
The biopsy was aborted because my blood pressure was in the stroke range. The Dr said he was going to monitor my x rays, as I wasn't coughing anything up and my lungs sounded clear.
My cardiologist tried to electrocute me three times to see if my AFib would go away. That lasted about five minutes. I felt that last shock, trust me, you don't want to.......I know if you've ever watched doctor shows where the take the paddles to your chest and say "clear" it ain't fun.
It seems that they were more concerned about my heart than my breathing. Two days before I left my night nurse asked why I didn't have O2 going up my nose. I told her I'm just a patient, I dunno why. It wasn't long before I had some. What a difference that made!
I ended up going home with a tiny two hour tank, an electric machine that makes O2, and a tank in case the power goes out. But I am home now. I believe I have an appointment with my cardiologist on 2march and the regular doctor on 3 March. I gotta get ready and better because one of the forums I'm on is having a low country boil and I'm going!

Tom
Alabama Hunter and firearms safety instructor

I really like my handguns and Single shot rifles!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-25-2020, 02:41 AM

Anybody ever tell you what is definitively wrong with you?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-25-2020, 08:08 PM Thread Starter

One guy with an inflated ego said my cancer had spread, but he was some sort of nurse wanna be. He told one doctor that he had seen where I coughed up some phlegm. What he saw was where I had wiped some gravy off of my lips. Ticked me off big time. I suppose he was trying to get some brownie points.

But other than the doctors telling me my blood pressure was too high to do anything, nothing else was mentioned. My lungs are clear, no bubbling or gurgling, I just can't breathe deeply.

Tom
Alabama Hunter and firearms safety instructor

I really like my handguns and Single shot rifles!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page