Craftsman tools at Ace hardware - Page 2 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator

Gun Cabinet

My Ace has been selling Craftsman for several years, also note that many Craftsman tools are made in China, so be sure to check before buying.

Tim

https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/160-too...e-chinese.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craftsman_(tools)

Quote:
Beginning in 2010, hand tools manufactured for Craftsman by Apex Tool Group such as ratchets, sockets, and wrenches began being produced overseas (mainly in China although some are produced in Taiwan), while tools produced for Craftsman by Western Forge such as adjustable wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers and larger mechanic tool sets remain made in the United States. Sears still has an Industrial line which is sold through various authorized distributors and these tools are US made.
https://searsholdings.com/press-releases/pr/719

Quote:
AceŽ Hardware Announces Plan to Sell CraftsmanŽ Tools
For the first time Craftsman will sell directly to new retail channel to improve customer accessibility and convenience
Feb 19, 2010

Craftsman, America's most trusted tool brand, will now be sold through Ace Hardware stores. In May, approximately 100 Ace stores will begin selling Craftsman products.

Under the first phase of the agreement, qualifying Ace stores will be able to sell the Craftsman brand including hand tools, portable power tools, compressors, wet/dry vacs and tool storage. As the number one tool brand in America, Craftsman continued to increase its popularity in 2009 among Americans who want to take on DIY projects with a tool they can trust to get the job done.

In June, Ace will promote a number of Craftsman products, giving all 4,500 Ace stores the opportunity to offer the Craftsman brand to customers. "This alliance will reinforce Ace stores as a premium destination for customers shopping for tools and other quality core hardware products," said Ray Griffith, Ace president and chief executive officer. "Bringing the nationally-trusted Craftsman brand to the aisles of the most helpful hardware stores in America will benefit both our retailers and customers."

"This is an exciting, strategic move that expands access to Craftsman for existing and new customers," said Bruce Johnson, interim chief executive officer and president for Sears Holdings. "Offering an assortment of Craftsman products more broadly through Ace locations will strengthen the Craftsman brand, which already has an incredible reputation for innovation, quality and trust".

For more than 80 years, Craftsman has developed innovative products. Craftsman was ranked as the most trusted tool brand in America in the 2008 Harris Interactive Equitrend Brand Study. For more information on Craftsman's wide selection of products, visit www.craftsman.com.

About Ace Hardware

For more than 85 years, Ace Hardware has been known as the helpful hardware store by both customers and communities. In 2009, Ace ranked "Highest in Customer Satisfaction among Home Improvement Stores for the Third Consecutive Year," according to J.D. Power and Associates. With approximately 4,500 locally owned and operated hardware, home center and building materials stores, Ace is the largest hardware cooperative in the industry. Headquartered in Oak Brook, Ill., Ace currently operates 14 distribution centers in the U.S. and one in Shanghai, China, and its retailers' stores are located in all 50 states and more than 60 countries. For more information on Ace, visit www.acehardware.com.

About Sears, Roebuck and Co.

Sears, Roebuck and Co., a wholly owned subsidiary of Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD), is a leading broadline retailer providing merchandise and related services. Sears, Roebuck offers its wide range of home merchandise, apparel and automotive products and services through more than 2,300 Sears-branded and affiliated stores in the United States and Canada, which includes approximately 929 full-line and approximately 1,200 specialty stores in the U.S. Sears, Roebuck also offers a variety of merchandise and services through sears.com, landsend.com, and specialty catalogs. Sears, Roebuck offers consumers leading proprietary brands including Kenmore, Craftsman, DieHard and Lands' End -- among the most trusted and preferred brands in the U.S. The company is the nation's largest provider of home services, with more than 12 million service calls made annually. For more information, visit the Sears, Roebuck website at www.sears.com or the Sears Holdings Corporation website at www.searsholdings.com.

First Call Analyst: Westenberger, Richard
FCMN Contact:

SOURCE: Ace Hardware; Craftsman

CONTACT: Larry Costello of Sears Holdings Corp., +1-847-286-9036,
[email protected]; or Christopher Boniface of Ace Hardware Corporation,
+1-630-990-6756, [email protected]

Web Site: http://www.searsholdings.com/
http://www.acehardware.com/
http:/// www.craftsman.com

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" - Mark Twain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 03:49 PM

If you have access to a Harbor Freight store, that would be where I would shop first for hand tools and power tools. Then check wherever else and you'll probably end up back at Harbor Freight. Don't bother with Drill Master stuff, though.

Swingem
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-01-2017, 12:49 PM

Some decent quality tools can be had at HF Tool, but I select items from there with caution because they sell a lot of junk as well. If I only need a single use out of a tool or there is a chance it'll be stolen, HF is my first stop. I prefer Snap On, Mac, Wright, and SK, in that order, for frequent or hard use items and lump Craftsman, Kobalt, Husky, and Pittsburgh together and may buy them if the deal is too good to pass up. I will say, HF has never given me a warranty problem. I can't say that for Mac or Snap On. I've also been using some Drill Master titanium coated bits and step bits and neither has given me any problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 06:40 AM

Last time I was in Ace, I picked up a box of Craftsman wrenches, and they indeed did say made in china.

I do not buy blades from harbor freight. The reciprocating saw blades I bought from there were junk. My dull dewalt blade cut better than a new HF blade. I just keep my eye out for the Dewalt blades on sale and pick them up then.

However, hammers, screw drivers, pliers, even wrenches and ratchets from harbor freight that I have used have worked well. There automotive tools like ball joint separators, tie rod separators, brake cylinder tools etc have all worked well for a shade tree mechanic and are less than half what they cost at parts stores. So far, their levels have been good as well as speed squares and the like for carpentry.

One part of me doesn't want to support China and would prefer American, but the cheaper part of me wants to save money, so it is quite a dilemma when shopping places like HF. But if you guys remember, back when American cars were expensive and you could barely get 100k out of a vehicle, the competition of the cheaper Hondas and Toyotas forced the American cars to lower prices and improve quality. Looks like on tools, it has forced the American companies to buy them from China and re-brand though .

Rosewood

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page