Ban on drinking on 3 Michigan rivers. - Page 2 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 02:44 PM

Gun Cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike$ View Post

The problem is the offenders are causing issues on other peoples property, I live on a small river that has lots of canoe and kayak traffic. I like to see people going by having a good time. I don't like it when they throw trash in the river or pull off and take a leak on my property. We have thousands of miles of river frontage in Michigan and it is impossible to patrol. I don't mind a law that prohibits alcohol while on the river plus those same people don't stay on the river. They get in cars and trucks and are on our roads. If people want to drink and litter on their own property I don't mind a bit, just not on mine.

mike
seems like the folks have no fear now in our society , they are getting away with a slap on the hand if caught i bet by the cops to , so whats the solution, robot drones
with cammeras flying over the river and AI montering them with Facial recognition system SEE where lack of security authorty in ones culture leds to

Last edited by sagia308; 03-12-2019 at 02:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

Talking

Well with the ban in place it is so easy for the law to montor the take out points and check people who act like they are drunk. The drunks are so easy to spot too.

This isn't a results of the Muslims either. Were very few of them in Michigan in the late 60 and early 70's. Those were in the Detroit,Grand Rapids area mostly.

Yet even then the drunks were on the rivers and lakes causeing problems. I was at a farm auction sale in 1969 and a drunk at 9:00AM was out bidding every one on every thing. You knew he was just being a horses a** but once the sherriff came after some one in the house called the law about him he was led away in cuffs.

There is no excuse for people getting that way, not a thing wrong with setting back and havine a couple. If you want a couple 12 packs stay home.

Al

Garden View Apiaries, where the view is as sweet as the honey.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 06:32 PM

Is it a ban on drinking while floating?

Those have been put in place in Minn. and Wisc. because of the cans and bottles tossed in the river.

RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

Talking

Yup it is a ban on the drinking booze while on the rivers that also includes people wadeing the rivers fishing.

Al

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 07:19 AM

you could almost replace the word muslim with Baptist and it would be just as true. Guess it could be worse. The muslims are taking over a few towns in lower Michigan. The Mexicans have half the votes in your state. Cant take over a thing though because big oil and big ranchers own about every square mile of texas and youd probably have to pay a trespass fee to float any river because theres probably not 10 miles of it anywhere that isn't on private property. Heck you cant even build that wall because the property is privately owned. How many middle class Texans own a hunting camp or there own land to hunt on or have access to thousands of square miles of wilderness state and federal land to hunt on right in there back yard?? Bottom line is texas senators and congressmen are bought and paid for by big oil and the rich. Just like the land. So maybe before you bash the Michigan government you should take a look at your own. THANK GOD FOR COLD AND SNOW!! Its the wall GOD gave us. Got to wonder why your skulking around on the Michigan section anyway. Only reason possible is your looking for some conflict. Stay out of Michigan and ill stay out of Texaco.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
Well, they elect muslims to Congress in Michigan, and allow muslims to take over towns in Michigan.
I'm not surprised that their preoccupied with decadent drunkenness and public leudness, as they let their government slide into he!!.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!

Last edited by lloyd smale; 03-13-2019 at 10:17 AM.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 07:30 AM

here lies the problem. The autrain river here is a BIG tourist attraction. Its not the locals that are getting drunk and causing problems. Its the tourists. On a hot summer day you can almost walk the 15 miles of river on canoes and kayaks and never step in water. Its so bad that the township and the dnr have to get together a couple times a year and just pick up beer cans. The beach on lake superior where the river comes out is always littered with plastic bags and 6 pack rings. Take your family down the river on a weekend and youll find the most used word on the river is F___. Locals don't even bother on weekends anymore. The ones that still float it do it on Monday or Tuesday and most of us just quit altogether. Local bar is more family friendly then the river. These laws came from people who don't live here that have no respect for it because they wont be back tomorrow. Mostly city people who have no respect for anything.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 07:54 AM

Location: 3 miles NW of Brownells retail store and they keep me broke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagia308 View Post
seems like the folks have no fear now in our society , they are getting away with a slap on the hand if caught i bet by the cops to , so whats the solution, robot drones
with cammeras flying over the river and AI montering them with Facial recognition system SEE where lack of security authorty in ones culture leds to
Keep the drones out of it. I had one of them screw up my turkey hunt two days in a row or the whole weekend. You know what a turkey load does to a drone? I do................
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 09:05 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa&hisguns View Post
Keep the drones out of it. I had one of them screw up my turkey hunt two days in a row or the whole weekend. You know what a turkey load does to a drone? I do................
mike
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 10:58 PM

Beer and poor paddling skills are a potentially lethal combination. Alcohol combined with poor boat handling skills and poor water reading skills combined with poor decision making and slow reflexes lead to obnoxious if not downright dangerous situations on the river. I've witnessed canoeists strike fishermen and knock a kayaker over, pinning the upsidedown paddler against a tree and almost drowning the kayaker.

While I wouldn't object to having a cold beer on a hot summer's day paddling trip, the history of abuses is a sorry state of affairs. Always thought that liberty was the right to do whatever one wanted to do so long as it did not impinge on the rights of others. OUI is not tolerated while driving vehicles and power boats. Don't see any reason why it should be tolerated with ash power.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 05:55 AM Thread Starter

Talking

Having to deal with drunks any place should not be some thing any one has to deal with any place.

Snow mobileing in the UP is not some thing we do any longer after a group of drunks nearly hit us on a straight away no less.

Minnesota doesn't put up with that crap on snowmobile trails and you run across a lot more familys there with youngsters rideing their own snowmobiles.

It is all over the place, seems like people can't use self control.
I am sure it isn't just Michigan either they just seem to be dragging their heels in dealing with it.

They started doing it on the roads now they need to continue to clean up the water ways and snow moble trails.

Al

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page