Ban on drinking on 3 Michigan rivers. - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 07:53 AM Thread Starter

Talking Ban on drinking on 3 Michigan rivers.

Just goes to show how bad drinking while floating on rivers have become. Also says a lot for many of Michigans residents who just have to be drinking while on the same rivers familys with childeren are.
Must also be a major problem to place a ban on it.

The canoe liverys have joined the fight to turn the ban around saying they will loose bussness if the ban stays in place with a total ban.

I have been on some of those rivers, my reason was to fish not just to float from one point to another.
I have seen the drunken slobs who will stop on a sand bar whip the junk out and take a leak in the river as another group goes floating by with young kids.

I personaly believe the ban is a good Idea. I am sure the liverys may even gain a few groups once it gets around a group floated the river and didn't incounter any drunks.

We no longer fish the rivers because of the drunks who didn't have any respect for people fishing and would run over our flys and in some cases about run us the fisher persons over.

Al

Garden View Apiaries, where the view is as sweet as the honey.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 09:48 AM
Dee

Well, they elect muslims to Congress in Michigan, and allow muslims to take over towns in Michigan.
I'm not surprised that their preoccupied with decadent drunkenness and public leudness, as they let their government slide into he!!.

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 09:50 AM

Location: 3 miles NW of Brownells retail store and they keep me broke!

I ran into some of that crowd several years ago now when fishing on the Current River in Mo.. We were trout fishing but kept getting bombarded by nincompoops in rubber rafts and inner tubes. When one bunch started sinking their beer cans I got my dander up with them. I took their picture and texted it to the Sheriff who was waiting for them at Acres Ferry. I'm guessing that they won't come back!

We saw no less than a dozen water moccasins in the 20 miles that we canoed. I am from Iowa and we don't have moccasins up here but I can promise you that I would not be dangling my legs from no inner tube in that water!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 10:16 AM

I agree with everything already said in this thread. Add to the stupidity Mich. has legalized recreational marijuana.

mike
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 11:18 AM
SEM

Gun Cabinet

Float & Smoke ... a much calmer cliental, No cans No bottles just ash, may have a few more candy wrappers though
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 01:35 PM

Except when the float is over and everyone is on the highway stoned.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 02:02 PM

Gun Cabinet

well its like the us army when i was in anymore or cult commie mined set now , if a few folks troops throw Cigarette buds on the ground as in the army ,we all had to suffer even tho i wasnt a smoker at all and are pentalized to pick them up , mass rules are not the way go, you sentence the ones doing the problem drinking and leave the others alone
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 02:05 PM
SEM

Gun Cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike$ View Post
Except when the float is over and everyone is on the highway stoned.

Mike same problem here on our river systems same no drinking on certain holiday weekends , I was being sarcastic about the pot
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 02:19 PM

Gun Cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEM View Post
Mike same problem here on our river systems same no drinking on certain holiday weekends , I was being sarcastic about the pot
you do see whats going on here right?
they the authority do nothing let the situation get way out of hand then crack the whip down on everyone, taking away freedom to drink, same old trick by those in power and our control freaks
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagia308 View Post
well its like the us army when i was in anymore or cult commie mined set now , if a few folks troops throw Cigarette buds on the ground as in the army ,we all had to suffer even tho i wasnt a smoker at all and are pentalized to pick them up , mass rules are not the way go, you sentence the ones doing the problem drinking and leave the others alone

The problem is the offenders are causing issues on other peoples property, I live on a small river that has lots of canoe and kayak traffic. I like to see people going by having a good time. I don't like it when they throw trash in the river or pull off and take a leak on my property. We have thousands of miles of river frontage in Michigan and it is impossible to patrol. I don't mind a law that prohibits alcohol while on the river plus those same people don't stay on the river. They get in cars and trucks and are on our roads. If people want to drink and litter on their own property I don't mind a bit, just not on mine.

mike

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page