Escanaba Harbor Freight - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2020, 10:59 AM Thread Starter

Default Escanaba Harbor Freight

The Harbor Freight thread up in the PBS got me browsing their website, and then Lloyd mentioned they were opening a new store in the U.P.

Well, I looked it up and the new store they are building is in Sault St. Marie. But, the big surprise (to me) was when I plugged in their store locator and found there was a store in Escanaba! I still thought the closest one was in Green Bay.

No idea when the one in Escanaba opened up, but I hadn't heard a word about it. Guess I've been living under a rock!

At any rate, next time I make it over that way I'll be stopping in to browse. I'd much rather buy stuff in person than order it from a website.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2020, 11:16 AM

They always have a good sale on their Tarps, you can choose light weight or heavy duty. I bought 2 of their 6x8 camo tarps to wrap around my deer box blind and they are on their second season and still in good shape in spite of the cold, heat and wind, at the time they were 6.00 for the two. I also bought one of their twin tank carry around air compressors but I got the one that is the oil type not oil less and it is doing great was on sale for 124.00 was the same compressor at Lowe's was 149.00 only difference was that the Lowe's said Kobalt on it which is their house brand.

deaconllb

U S Air Force Korean vet. NRA Member
Fourth fighter wing Kimpo Korea 1952 Fourth but first, the mig killers.
533rd material ,air defence Oxnard AFB 1953-1955
Pastor of the CBCG-Fellowship group Tulsa Oklahoma.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2020, 05:33 AM

ya they had the Escanaba store opening on tv6 news last week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spruce View Post
The Harbor Freight thread up in the PBS got me browsing their website, and then Lloyd mentioned they were opening a new store in the U.P.

Well, I looked it up and the new store they are building is in Sault St. Marie. But, the big surprise (to me) was when I plugged in their store locator and found there was a store in Escanaba! I still thought the closest one was in Green Bay.

No idea when the one in Escanaba opened up, but I hadn't heard a word about it. Guess I've been living under a rock!

At any rate, next time I make it over that way I'll be stopping in to browse. I'd much rather buy stuff in person than order it from a website.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-14-2020, 08:18 AM

Red face

I own 3 HF 212cc 6.5 HP engines one on a chipper shredder, one on a old MTD sno blower and a non hemi version on my log splitter. Soon will buy another one for a rear tine tiller I have with out an engine.

Is easy to tell the hemi version from the non hemi. the Hemi has a cast alum valve cover the non has a metal stamped cover.

I got a HF chain saw sharpner for a birthday gift a few years ago, love the thing. beats hand sharpening every way to Sunday.

Also have a purple HPLV purple spray gun it also works great. but I am about to ruin it by spraying POR 15 thru it into our Buicks frame. I haven't found any thing on that stuff being able to be cleaned up.
But the gun doesn't owe me any thing was only 8.00 something on sale and 20% off.

Also have several sockets I bought for special jobs.

Say their tools have replacement warranty like Husky (HD) Kobalt (lowe's) and the old Craftsman if you can find a store that sells them still.

Al

Garden View Apiaries, where the view is as sweet as the honey.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-14-2020, 08:29 AM

I've read several times, that the hemi version doesn't hold up as long as the non hemi version...

The ones I have, are the non hemi, although I just bought them without knowing what I was getting.

DM

Lincolns legacy is, he freed the slaves

Obama's legacy will be, he freed the terrorist!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-14-2020, 02:30 PM

Red face

I can't say which will last longer. I just know after 3 years they still start on the 3d pull at the most.

I like the power they put oput also. were on sale for $90.00 each time and 20% off so your not gona find an engine new for that money that has that power.

Thinking of buying a OBD II scanner soon too.

Al

Garden View Apiaries, where the view is as sweet as the honey.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-19-2020, 04:34 AM

ive got to run up there they had a cheap gun safe on sale in there brochure. I could use another. Im back to guns laying around everywhere.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page