Michigan stay in place. - Page 3 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 95 (permalink) Old 03-27-2020, 04:51 AM

yup what I worry about up here is it will come later because of the lack of population but by the time it hits full force and it probably will eventually everywhere, what will be left of the ventilators and medicine after NY gets there share and Detroit gets ours. Add to that that the average person up here is a bit tougher and is less likely to go to a doctor till he absolutely has to so id bet some will be walking around spreading it. add to that the fact that for many the closest hospital is near a 100 miles away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M134 Troll View Post
Beaumont System (Oakland County) is about to exceed capacity for COVID-19 patients.

https://www.mlive.com/public-interes...reach-capacity

Looks like the plan is to start transferring patients to other hospital systems. Wonder how far the domino effect will tumble.

The UP is about where the Lower was a week and a half ago. Buddy with family in Cedarville said a Canadian woman who tested positive for coronavirus flew into Kinross/Chippewa County International Airport.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...rt/2871768001/

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 95 (permalink) Old 03-27-2020, 11:49 AM

Sad state of affairs at Beaumont Southfield posted by an ER nurse:

https://929thelake.com/er-nurse-shar...K7HI__wNHiKNMA
post #23 of 95 (permalink) Old 03-27-2020, 01:47 PM

She's obviously panicked. "No one's taking this seriously". I would call than an irresponsible statement. I don't think there's anyone in the healthcare field who is not taking it seriously. Just because there's a shortage of supplies doesn't mean no one is taking it seriously.

Part of the healthcare supplies shortage is because some of it is being hoarded. My wife heard on the news this morning they found a semi trailer full of ventilators. Individuals and companys are both hoarding. I'm sure that isn't the only trailer load, or warehouse stash, being held in hopes of making more money as the need grows.

Also reported this morning is the first confirmed death from the virus in the U.P., over in Gogebic county. News said it was an elderly man with preexisting conditions. Seems a bit odd the confirmed case wasn't reported until after his death!

No doubt there's a good number of as yet diagnosed cases up here - wonder how many other confirmed cases haven't been reported?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 95 (permalink) Old 03-27-2020, 11:13 PM

The health care folks I know personally are all spooked to one degree or another.

Hoarding is a problem. Also poor inventory control. Also pressure to control health care costs resulting in minimum on site inventory. Wonder how many of the ventilators not in use and stored are really serviceable.

Our first case was airlifted from Owosso Memorial to University Hospital before his test results came back. He did not go to the local ER until he was coughing blood. They stabilized him and shipped him out pretty quick. Michigan HHS lab is jammed up and test turnaround seems to be 7-11 days.

Re shortages: today Trump claimed he was left an "empty box" by previous administrations and that no one could have expected the current situation. But CNN interviewed a National Security expert just now who referred to Crimson Contagion, an epidemic exercise conducted last August.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...in-us/2243832/

Seems like that exercise was right on target but the lessons learned apparently were ignored by the Trump adminstration. Trump drifts between delusion and reality and in between tries to blow smoke up our hind ends. I'm not having it.
post #25 of 95 (permalink) Old 03-28-2020, 08:10 AM

I doubt there are many, if any, unreported confirmed cases. Possibly one two from private labs.

But, there are most likely many undiagnosed cases walking around out there. Asymptomatic, presymptomatic, and too stubborn to go to ER.

The latter was the first case down here. Waited til he was coughing up blood.

Last edited by M134 Troll; 03-28-2020 at 08:19 AM.
post #26 of 95 (permalink) Old 03-28-2020, 09:31 AM Thread Starter

Red face

M 134 troll. best becare full how yopu talk about the blond bimbo in washington. He is just pissed he can't go to Flordai and golf on the Tax payers dime.

People here will are in love with the (fill in the blank) and wil just start ignoring you.
Personally I could care less I call a spade a spade when I see it and he is no more than a spoiled brat blond bimbo.

Al

Garden View Apiaries, where the view is as sweet as the honey.
post #27 of 95 (permalink) Old 03-28-2020, 03:20 PM

The 44th President didn't go golfing???
post #28 of 95 (permalink) Old 03-28-2020, 06:42 PM

993 new Michigan cases today.

This number may have been influenced by state HHS lab catching up on test processing.

We'll see what tomorrow brings.
post #29 of 95 (permalink) Old 03-28-2020, 06:46 PM

Default golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by spruce View Post
The 44th President didn't go golfing???
Trump has played 2.6 times more golf than Obama in his first 2 years and 91 days and has cost the tax payer an estimated $74 million more than Obama.
post #30 of 95 (permalink) Old 03-28-2020, 07:05 PM

I don't doubt you on the figures. I didn't keep a running total on how many rounds of golf Obama played. That $74 million seems kind of small compared to what Obama gave Iran.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page