Owasso, Michigan - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-11-2020, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

Default Owasso, Michigan

Have been following the news in Michigan about a 77 year old barber who was turned down for unemployment and had to reopen the shop to stay alive. Seems to be a stark contrast between how the Governor of Texas reacted to a lady who opened her hair salon, to feed her kids, and the Michigan governor trying to drive this man out of business. Texas governor and AG helped the lady in Texas and told the Judge to back off. Michigan governor seems determined to slam dunk this old guy, bring the heavy hand of the state down on him, and has not even entertained the thought of helping him at all.
I hope she doesn't start a war trying to destroy a 77 year barber just to make a point. I fear before this is over she will endanger the lives of both citizens and state law enforcement officers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-14-2020, 10:50 PM

If you were referring to Mr. Manke of Owosso, please note that he drives a nicer car than you or I do, owns rental property, and by most local accounts does not need to cut hair to make ends meet. If Mr. Manke had provided rent payment relief for his tenants I expect it would be front page news in the local paper. It has been postulated, by folks closer to the Owosso scene than I am, that Karl Manke and his brother Tom Manke(who has a Facebook page called Friends and Community Shiawassee News and Views) are engaged in a politically infused scheme to raise money through Gofundme schemes.

Mr. Manke is doing his community a disservice with this charade. He, and his clients driving in to town from across Michigan, and his misguided supporters milling around without masks or maintaining social distance before returning home, comprise a living coronavirus culture/reservoir which increases the risk of another epidemic surge this summer as restrictions are lifted. Same comment applies to folks headed to Lansing this AM for another misguided inappropriately conducted demonstration if the behavior follows the earlier protests.

All Michigan citizens have been adversely impacted by the governor's executive order restrictions, many more so than others. Even with federally enhanced unemployment benefits many hourly workers have to pull in their belts to get by. Lots of folks feeling secondary impact; I've heard that our small town has 60% rental residences and those landlords will feel the pinch if rent is not paid. But the flip side is the cost of increased deaths and serious illness burdens on local healthcare institutions.

One thing seems to be true: Rigorous stay at home restrictions encouraged by Whitmer's actions appear to have flattened the curve in Michigan which has, IIRC , one tenth of the US population but is third in the number of coronavirus deaths. Flattening the curve means we continue to have significant numbers of new cases of sick infected people and people dying every day, just that the numbers are not increasing on successive days.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-14-2020, 11:02 PM
Dee

A lotta folks drive a nicer car than me, and made more money.

On the news tonight, I saw where the governor revoked his barberin license.

I think its admirable that he has bigger nuts than folks like you, and wants to earn his own way, and rejects gettin in the government tit.

You ain't gonna change my mind about a man standing up for his God given right to make a living.

When he got on national tv and said the governor wasn't his mama, he meant it.

This country needs more of him, and less of you. 😉

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-14-2020, 11:12 PM

Gun Cabinet

barbers kick off new civil war what the heck?
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-14-2020, 11:25 PM

Gun Cabinet

bro's it ain't no Joke
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-15-2020, 04:58 AM

well you and mule might want to take a trip. Pick up doublebass on the way. The Michigan militia is looking for a few ______ in the head men. Bring along your Barbie dolls and ar15s and don't forget your rebel flag shirt and camo head band.. . Like ive said before if this was a few Mexicans armed with Ars raising **** in texas youd want a couple billion dollars to wall them in and the entire army to respond. Funny how some of you get so conserned about a state you dislike so much. I guess in one way ill have to give them credit. At least they have the nuts to do something more then tap on there cell phone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post

I think its admirable that he has bigger nuts than folks like you, and wants to earn his own way, and rejects gettin in the government tit.

You ain't gonna change my mind about a man standing up for his God given right to make a living.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-16-2020, 08:23 AM

Gun Cabinet
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post

Here, Here!! That man, no matter what his financial situation is simply showing that he wants NOTHING to do with...."We the Sheeple", and there ain't a da*n thing wrong with that!!
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-16-2020, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd smale View Post
well you and mule might want to take a trip. Pick up doublebass on the way. The Michigan militia is looking for a few ______ in the head men. Bring along your Barbie dolls and ar15s and don't forget your rebel flag shirt and camo head band.. . Like ive said before if this was a few Mexicans armed with Ars raising **** in texas youd want a couple billion dollars to wall them in and the entire army to respond. Funny how some of you get so conserned about a state you dislike so much. I guess in one way ill have to give them credit. At least they have the nuts to do something more then tap on there cell phone.
Aren't you the guy who complained about personal attacks in another thread?

Liberal Logic 101:
Americans shall be required to submit to a background check to exercise a right already guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment while any foreigner shall be allowed into America without submitting to a background check.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-16-2020, 05:08 PM

Gun Cabinet

The smell of fear here is overpowering.

Whatever the gentleman’s motivation may he be successful.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-16-2020, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublebass73 View Post
Aren't you the guy who complained about personal attacks in another thread?

No, he's the guy who whines about personal attacks in LOTS of other threads, all while tossing out more personal attacks than most.

Aim small, miss small!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page