Henry H015 single shot rifles trigger/hammer fix - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
rfd

Default Henry H015 single shot rifles trigger/hammer fix

MANY kudos to CB's megasupermagnum for sourcing out the replacement trigger/hammer spring(s) for Henry H015 single shot rifles. without his efforts, these Henry rifles would be mediocre at best for their horribly hefty trigger pull poundage.

Grainger sells the proper 31# stainless steel springs, but they can only be ordered in sets of 10, and with shipping included the ticket is over $30.

it's easy to swap out the springs, here's how .......

locate the two small holes in the soft foam butt pad, use a good sized phillips head driver to poke into those holes and remove the wood screws that bind the butt pad and spacer to the butt stock ...

peering down into the hollow of the butt stock you'll see the head of the long allen bolt that secures the butt stock to the frame ...

it will take a long driver to get to that bolt - i used a brownell's magdriver along with an extension and the required 3/16" allen head key to get down into there and unscrew that bolt ...

the butt stock bolt attaches to a tube that's screwed into the frame, and that tube contains the pair of trigger/hammer springs ...

begin unscrewing that tube ...

if possible, just remove the tube and allow the plastic tube cap and spring arm to not be moved - they're not under any tension as the tube is unscrewed, and if they fall out of position they can both easily be reseated back ...

inside that tube is a small spring nestled inside a larger spring ...

BOTH springs are removed and replaced with the single Grainger 31# s/s spring ...

with the new spring in the tube, screw the tube back into the frame. this can be a tad tricky since the spring will be under the tension of the cap and arm. take your time, do not cross thread the tube, go slow, look at both the male and female threads to make sure they are aligned and then push in the tube a turn. when it's initially mated well, it will screw back in with great ease.

put back the butt stock and butt spacer/pad. done. enjoy those much lighter trigger AND hammer pull weights!

NRA Patriot Life Member ~ NRA RSO ~ www.BuffaloRifles.org ~ www.BPGang.com ~ www.TradMLA.org ~ www.TradGang.com
The ONLY government I trust is the .45-70
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2018, 12:28 AM
amy

rfd
i am new at gb
i own a henry single shot in 308. i have not fired it yet, but the trigger is very heavy.
how do i get a spring from you?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2018, 06:19 AM Thread Starter
rfd

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy View Post
rfd
i am new at gb
i own a henry single shot in 308. i have not fired it yet, but the trigger is very heavy.
how do i get a spring from you?
yep, the trigger will be a hefty pull - and so is the hammer!

i have ONE spring left - you have a PM headed yer way.

NRA Patriot Life Member ~ NRA RSO ~ www.BuffaloRifles.org ~ www.BPGang.com ~ www.TradMLA.org ~ www.TradGang.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 09:07 PM
amy

rfd
thank you for your help with the springs.
i found a granger store nearby and ordered
the springs there.
thanks again.
amy
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-21-2018, 07:21 AM Thread Starter
rfd

good deal!

once you removed the pair of existing stock springs and replace it with the 31# grainger spring, prime some brass (no powder or bullet) and see if they all pop on the first hammer fall. if not, add in the small hammer spring inside the 31#. i didn't have to do this with my henry .223 but i definitely needed to add in the small spring with my henry .357mag.

please report back with your results!

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 02:17 PM

Glad to have found this post! just ordered a spring and will change it out. Thanks for posting this!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 09:16 PM

changed the spring. trigger went from 5lb 12 oz to ~3lb. Hope to test it tomorrow and see if it works ok.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 06:55 PM

single replacement spring works great in my .223 (with my reloads/cci primers) thanks again for posting - pictures and instructions were spot on and made it an easy fix.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 07:07 PM

Shouldn't Henry be supplying these springs ?

"Politically correct" language, is really Orwellian 'newspeak'. (Michael Cutler)
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator

Gun Cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironglow View Post
Shouldn't Henry be supplying these springs ?

Henry doesn't think there's anything wrong with the heavy trigger pull which is mostly because of the two hammer springs, mine works fine without the second smaller spring.

Tim

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" - Mark Twain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page