More Henry Single Shot Springs Available! - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-25-2020, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

Default More Henry Single Shot Springs Available!

So, to make a long story short, the Grainger spring #54MY45 just wouldn't do the trick in my Henry single shot 308, even with the small factory spring installed along with it I was still having misfires, and so I had to revert back to the 2 factory springs in order to get it to fire reliably, which was not ideal but at least it would shoot.

Fast forward a couple of weeks, I was here on GBO just surfin' the turf, and for some reason I go to rfd's post on the " The complete Henry H015 trigger/hammer fix ...", and for whatever reason I click on the link that takes you to Grainger and the spring that rfd referenced. While on the page, I noticed the listing for Grainger item #54MY49 and I wondered what the difference was between it and item # 54MY45, so I clicked on it and lo and behold the only difference is the spring rate for the 54MY49 spring is 42 lbs/in., while the 54MY45 is 31 lbs/in. Well, curiosity got the best of me so I ordered a 10 pack of the #54MY49 springs.

Yesterday, after finally being able to make it to the shooting range, I pulled out the Henry and tried firing it with just the Grainger 54MY49 spring installed, and once again, no blamo! But, this time I actually thought ahead before leaving the house and I had the factory springs and the necessary tools to pull the butt stock off so I installed the new Grainger spring and the small factory back in. I then proceeded to fire the rifle 20 times with absolutely no misfires and with a vastly improved trigger pull over the 2 factory springs!! Not exactly sure what the pull weight is, but its probably in the 4-5 lb. range!

If anyone would like one of the 42 lb/in. springs, let me know! I will get one in the mail to you!

I have one of the 31 lb/in. springs left over as well!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-25-2020, 12:11 PM

PM sent.
I installed the light one you sent but have not test fired. Very kind of you to do this a second time!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

357 Mag camo syn stock, 30/30 cinnamon lam checkered straight grip stock, 20 ga USH camo syn stock, 20 ga Topper Jr 490 cut to 21.5" and Rem Chokes, 357 Rem Max nickel Topper 88 .410 stock.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-26-2020, 02:57 PM

Shot mine with the first spring you sent and the inner installed. No misfires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

357 Mag camo syn stock, 30/30 cinnamon lam checkered straight grip stock, 20 ga USH camo syn stock, 20 ga Topper Jr 490 cut to 21.5" and Rem Chokes, 357 Rem Max nickel Topper 88 .410 stock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-17-2020, 10:19 PM

Bama

P.M. sent.

Steve.........

NRA Patron Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page