Yes or No on PMR-30 - Page 8 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #71 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 09:07 AM

Nice old thread... Boy the haters are here for sure! Why the hate for Kel-Tec? inexpensive and very innovative! I've owned 5 Kel-Tecs and still own 3 of them. Not much problems with any of them. My PMR is my go to for around the ranch here, never a problem , super light, and will take care of any threat I find on the place.

Edit to add.. I forgot, I broke a firing pin once, easy to get parts and easy to fix.

PETA.....P eople E ating T asty A nimals
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 09:20 AM

Great guns with very good accuracy. The only downside is loading the magazines. That was easily fixed with a cheap mag loader from ebay. I added a laser under they barrel back near the trigger guard.
post #73 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 06:58 AM

Gun Cabinet

Just saw this. It has been a few months since last post. During that interval I picked up a PMR-30. I have used it every time that I have been to the range. I have had NO failures of any kind. None.
Keltec tells me that the gun likes certain brands of ammo more than others. I have found that to be true in terms of accuracy. I have tried CCI Maximag Federal, Winchester Super X, Aquila. They all function. I get the best accuracy from the Winchester.
Like many pistols with fixed sights, the gun is dead on at 25 yards.
The gun is LOUD....rifle ammo in a pistol. Noticeable recoil, mostly a function of the smooth grips. Easily fixed with aftermarket grip pads which provide a more aggressive surface. I simply fitted a piece of sanding belt onto the grip.
Definitely a keeper.

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer.
The readiness is all.
“Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games.” Ernest Hemingway ...

Last edited by Darkgael; 04-25-2019 at 07:01 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #74 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 07:03 AM

Thank you DG, Pastorp speaks well of that round and his front yard pig hunting.
best wishes

Come quickly, Lord Jesus
post #75 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 07:33 AM

Im not sure why I bought mine, but it can only be described as a fun gun to shoot.

I did have one defligit, Have to be careful to load the magazines just so or they sometimes jam, and a kinda big deal. I had ammo rupture after a few rounds had gone downrange. It was CCI, and they checked the remainder of the lot number, giving me a probable cause of the slide not fully returning to battery, and they were right.

The "fix" was to remove every bit of the brass shavings that are typical of the PMR30 during firing and use a dri-lube to minimize it building up in the wrong place on the gun oil.

I will eventually try to smooth out the rough edge that causes it, and put an end to the shaved bits of brass.

Before someone suggests I should have just polished the offending part right away, I just needed to figure out the why before settling on the course of action, and time for the latter was interrupted by deer season. I would, however, be very interested in the details if anyone else has already corrected the problem.
post #76 of 76 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 07:38 AM

So sportster is swampman resurrected? He sure sounds like old swampy.

Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE, Trump for 2020

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page