A place to honor lost friends - Page 2 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 02:17 AM

was thinking about grandpa the other night. Hes been dead for about 20 years now and the second category is coming fast. He was a good man. Much better then me and soon there wont be many that new him still alive. Made me think about the good men and women who died in the world wars that are about forgotten now. Maybe it explains a lot as to why polititians fight so hard for jobs that basically filet them alive. At least there in the history books and wont be forgotten.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 05:14 PM

Hats off to friends who past and are awaiting reunion.

I opened this post, kinda reviewing posts and saw it was Richard. (Stimpy). MIND BLOWN as I know he is past and awaiting our reunion.

RIP friends untill we meet again.

CW

"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member

I PROUDLY SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box. and the THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN!
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 11:22 AM

Gun Cabinet

One of the sadist jobs that I have as a minister is preaching a funeral but on the good thought side it does keep them in my memory as I think of all I have done and each person and how they lived their life and the effect they had on others.

Deaconllb

U S Air Force Korean vet. NRA Member
Fourth fighter wing Kimpo Korea 1952 Fourth but first, the mig killers.
533rd material ,air defence Oxnard AFB 1953-1955
Pastor of the CBCG-Fellowship group Tulsa Oklahoma.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Live - Cocoa, FL; Hunt - Mims, FL; Lk. Poincette, FL; Union, SC
Gun Cabinet
Send a message via Skype™ to land_owner

OT but related...

My wife is the church Music Director. Over this (and all other) Holiday Season, she has had to accompany and direct all of the music for weddings, funerals, chancel choir contata, faith family, children's choir, Christmas Carols, Morning, Afternoon, Evening, and Midnight Masses, and all the rest of the special music that accompanies Holiday services (a FULL TIME job for cheapskates not allowing her more than 28 hours PART TIME PAY and NO BENEFITS per week so they can avoid paying her FULL TIME WITH BENEFITS). She has accompanied not less than 15 services per week for the past three weeks, some days four services per day, from 7:00 a.m. through 12:00 p.m., not including weddings and funerals. As the days wore on her, she was never entirely certain in her mind, without her Day Planner, of what lie ahead to be accompanied.

She had a wedding rehearsal on Friday evening and the wedding to accompany on Saturday afternoon, of which I was aware, but she announced it to the choir and me on Wednesday as a funeral. It occurred to me when I replied as I reminded her it was a wedding, that a wedding is just a funeral, but in a different KEY.

The MEN laughed. She gave me THE LOOK... I though it was cute...nothing eliminates a woman's sex drive faster than a bite of her own wedding cake. I guess I will be out of the dog house in another month or so.

Last edited by land_owner; 12-31-2018 at 08:48 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page