Making any changes ? - Page 3 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-21-2020, 06:11 PM

Things a little different around my area . Ammo is still on the shelves . Shelves are not full at the stores.
Work has cut our hours .I only work 6 hour shifts now. That hurts.

Sent from my A503DL using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-21-2020, 10:58 PM

Gun store here said that when the stimulus checks arrived, his inventory was completely sold out.
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-21-2020, 11:54 PM

Incredibly, the latest shortage is of CHICKENS. We have a few hens. Some are getting older, so my wife wanted to add a few babies to the flock. Ferget it! Sold out everywhere we turn, even the big national hatcheries. Apparently, all the Suburban Susies are now deciding to raise chickens during all the spare time they have with getting paid more to not work than they were getting for working.

Seeds for your garden = same thing.

This is starting to remind me of the Soviet-era economy. It shows how precarious our supply chain is, and as soon as a bunch of people start wanting something more than usual, shortages start happening. I don't think people will be hoarding chickens, like they did with 9mm and TP, though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-22-2020, 01:21 AM

I've been swinging through the TP aisle every time I go into Walmart. I fully expect to see nothing there but over the last week or so, there has been TP-- and long after 0700. I've been buying a package here and there as it was to be had. I've now got enough for almost three years. I have a back-up package of dinner napkins, a 12-roll package of paper towels and two boxes of kleenex. My dad sent me 500 wet babywipes from Costco. I think I'm pretty well set. I'm fearing that the paucity of TP has created a compulsive disorder within my mind. I believe I need to buy another package, even though I know I have plenty of it at home. Is there a Toilet Paper Anonymous organization out there for we so afflicted?

The American People must forever retain the Right to own the arms best-designed and best-suited to bring an expeditious end to any tyrant whom would deign to separate The People from their Liberty as bestowed upon them by God.
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-22-2020, 07:42 AM
Dee

I bought a 24 foot enclosed trailer to keep my toilet paper in, in case I have to "bug out".

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-22-2020, 07:56 AM

Gun Cabinet

Not much has changed here at home.
We don't know anyone that has tested positive, much less passed.

Only change we have made is to carry wipes in our vehicles.
That we use to wipe up after buying gas or in stores.

Ray
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-22-2020, 02:02 PM

I did forget to say in my area we have a fairly new gun shop . The owner did say it's haveing a hard time getting some ammo mostly .223/5.56 ,9mm,45acp and 12ga 00 buck. He said the supplier is out of stock on most things.
Luckily we have 4 other gun shops they have some stock . There are limit of course.
Dunham's there ammo shelves are pretty low . Seem to have plenty of 20ga. 12ga slugs. Just not alot of options for rifle and hand gun. Wally world only has shotgun ammo . No 00buck I didn't notice any slugs.

Sent from my A503DL using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page