Graybeard Outdoors banner

Wanted Encore barrel

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  DEACONLLB 
#1 ·
A real long shot but I got one several years ago on this forum but sold it with my Encore collection. I know about Eabco and MGM barrels I want a TC factory barrel in 7x57 as a stub project prefer blue, finish not important would need to be a heavy couture as it will need to have some machine work done, any one have one taking up room in the barrel storage case?

Deaconllb

#3 ·
My heart and mind is set on a 7x57 I have all kinds of other calibers I have a 38x55 barrel whish is about the same as the 375 takes the same size bullet and case is almost the same just not hopped up So I really have no interest in any other cal. for this project but thanks for asking

Deaconllb

#5 ·
Curious why it has to be a 7x57 if it is going to be a stub project. Isn’t that where you just use the lug and the first part of the barrel to insert another threaded barrel into? Doesn’t seem like the chamber would matter on that. Just curious, not knocking your idea.

#6 ·
I am stubbing it into a 12 Gage shotgun barrel in other words turn the barrel to a tight fit inside a 12 gage barrel and cut off the 12 gage about 10 inches past the mono block. I know it is not going to be real pretty but will be shoot able and I have seen some done this way.
I had a TC 7x57 Encore barrel at one time made by TC and was not marked custom shop as best I can remember.

Deaconllb

#9 ·
The T/C Custom Shop made barrels for both Midway and EA Brown.
These were custom chamberings without the T/C Custom Shop rollmark.
They may have done similar work for other resellers, but I've purchased a couple from both Midway and EA Brown.
They were both marked as to the length on the lug as the Custom Shop regularly did, just didn't have a rollmark.

#10 ·
It is really interesting how so many things got out in the shooting world that was never listed on TC website I ran across a TCR 87 heavy barrel in 22 long rifle and was chrome plated took a 10 gage forend it was drilled off center at the receiver end but in center on muzzle end, Was just marked Thompson center Rochester, nothing else other than 22 long rifle. SSK as well as Virgoan Valley now MGM also used to produce TC barrels

Deaconllb

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.