Massachusetts Turkey Opener - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Default Massachusetts Turkey Opener

I got this one Monday morning at 7am. I 've been hunting turkeys for 35 years, have taken several 19 LBS, two over 20 LBs but this is the biggest turkey I have ever taken. It weighed in at 21 LBs even.
Tony212
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Turkey 2014 small.jpg (206.6 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Turkey 2014 small.jpg (206.6 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Turkey 2014 small.jpg (206.6 KB, 28 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-30-2014, 05:22 PM

Default Re: Massachusetts Turkey Opener

That's a beautiful bird Tony. The biggest I've ever gotten was my first, 19 lbs. I took a small jake opening day this year, it was 10 yards from me so I couldn't say no. I'm heading out tomorrow for the last day of our season to call for my son who is 12. He almost had one in range this year but it wouldn't come in that last 5 yards I wanted him to come into. He was with his mother on the day I got the jake or else I would have had him take it. He got a shot on one last season but missed.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Liberal Logic 101:
Americans shall be required to submit to a background check to exercise a right already guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment while any foreigner shall be allowed into America without submitting to a background check.

H&R family: Topper 88 16 Gauge Mod, Pardner 16 gauge Full, Model 480 Topper Jr .410 Full, Handi .300 AAC Blackout
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-02-2014, 06:30 AM Thread Starter

Good job on the jake. To me any turkey you get to come in range is a taker. I remember the day my son got his first bird. I don't remember how old he had a 20ga 1100 and we practiced every Saturday before the season opened. Finally on opening morning he shot a 19lb tom. He doesn't get to go too much now but I'll never forget that day.
Tony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-07-2014, 11:23 PM

I agree about any bird coming into range being a taker. I've had too many years where I didn't tag out to refuse a jake. That's a great story about your son getting his. My son didn't tag out, we hunted last Saturday and had toms gobbling at 3 different times of the day but they wouldn't answer any of my calls or come in. My son is good natured about it. A coyote came in at the end of the day as I was calling. He was behind us and I didn't notice him until I went tp ick up the decoys. I wish I had known, I would have had my son take a shot at him if he came in close enough.

Liberal Logic 101:
Americans shall be required to submit to a background check to exercise a right already guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment while any foreigner shall be allowed into America without submitting to a background check.

H&R family: Topper 88 16 Gauge Mod, Pardner 16 gauge Full, Model 480 Topper Jr .410 Full, Handi .300 AAC Blackout

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page