New Site Look and Feedback Thread - Fixes In Progress - Page 24 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #231 of 313 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 07:34 PM

Doing PM's is awkward, easy enough to initiate and reply but I see no verification of 'mssg sent' when it is submitted and finding the 'sent box' was a hunt. It was sooo easy to PM on the old forum and this one almost seems an afterthought. Of course it could just be me......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #232 of 313 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 08:04 PM
Super Moderator

Gun Cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcrank1 View Post
Doing PM's is awkward, easy enough to initiate and reply but I see no verification of 'mssg sent' when it is submitted and finding the 'sent box' was a hunt. It was sooo easy to PM on the old forum and this one almost seems an afterthought. Of course it could just be me......
You have to set the option in User CP>Edit options to save sent PMs to your sent folder just like on the old forum, you can also check the box below the private message text box to save a copy in your sent folder just like the old forum. If you're using visitor messaging, there are no options, they aren't the same as private messaging.

Tim

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" - Mark Twain
post #233 of 313 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 09:01 PM

Despise the new look, harder to move around from forum to forum. Just terrible compared to the old format.
sorry.

Jerry Miller (lefty41)
"In God we trust"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #234 of 313 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 01:53 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Live - Cocoa, FL; Hunt - Mims, FL; Lk. Poincette, FL; Union, SC
Gun Cabinet
Send a message via Skype™ to land_owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcrank1 View Post
...It was sooo easy to PM on the old forum and this one almost seems an afterthought. Of course it could just be me......

After 10K posts and Lord knows how many PM's, you've probably forgotten how you felt that "first time".

I remember my first time and it wasn't a cake walk. I didn't know what the buttons were for, what they did, how they would act, nothing. I was a hapless innocent in those days. I tried this and that and eventually "got over it".

It's like that now, except we're hanging on to the old rather than embracing the new. Let it go. Struggle for a while. I promse that after another 10k posts you will once again feel at home.
post #235 of 313 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Live - Cocoa, FL; Hunt - Mims, FL; Lk. Poincette, FL; Union, SC
Gun Cabinet
Send a message via Skype™ to land_owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by atllaw View Post
Well heck Richard! I might just as well be talking to you... Jeff doesn't seem to want to answer me... Do you think when I said I didn't think they (the tech staff) were outdoor type folk he thought I was calling them a bunch of democrat sissys?

Some folks just KNOW how to take a joke. By the way, you "asked" for that. Giving it back is quite the skill. LOL to your response.

We don't know if Jeff-fa-fa (
) is "allowed" to mix in with the other boys and girls. Techies are an explicit life form. Gamers by night. Code writers by day. Some even invent worms, viruses, adware, spyware, malware, et al to promote and market Anti-virus software. Others Hack. Smokers I think. We're not yet certain to which strain our Jeff-fa-fa is associated. It may be too early to label him and yours may well be an insufficinet characterization, but speculate all you wish.

Last edited by land_owner; 12-08-2016 at 02:06 PM.
post #236 of 313 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 02:19 PM

Gun Cabinet

Jeff fa-fa! I LIKE IT!!!

I guess he doesn't realize lawyers don't like to be ignored!

I hope he doesn't make me angry... He wouldn't like me when I'm angry... Besides, I'm just trying to help...

Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute. Currently a Gentleman of Leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club
post #237 of 313 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 02:35 PM

Forum 45 still doesn't connect ... https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.p...splay.php?f=45

Regards
John Boy
post #238 of 313 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Gun Cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoshooter View Post
What happened to trade count and feedback?? I looked at my profile and saw none. Is this something that will be returned, or a new system, or what??
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEACONLLB View Post
What about trade count and feed back on the trades will they be back or are they gone?

Deaconllb
Heya all,

Update on the iTrade issue:

We're planning on restoring trading data on Monday 12/12 next week. At the same time, we will enable the new system so you can start rating new trades.

Case #: 2321115

Jeff M
post #239 of 313 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Gun Cabinet

Quote:
Well heck Richard! I might just as well be talking to you... Jeff doesn't seem to want to answer me... Do you think when I said I didn't think they (the tech staff) were outdoor type folk he thought I was calling them a bunch of democrat sissys?
Quote:
Jeff fa-fa! I LIKE IT!!!

I guess he doesn't realize lawyers don't like to be ignored!

I hope he doesn't make me angry... He wouldn't like me when I'm angry... Besides, I'm just trying to help...

@atllaw - Don't call me a liberal Democrat or I will give you a unique custom avatar and user title, lol.

I drive a rusted out 94 F150 on 31's, have a Golden Lab, hate veggies and have a US and Trump flag outside my house.

What did you need, sorry if I missed your intial request.

Onward and Upward...

Jeff M
post #240 of 313 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Gun Cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Boy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graybeard View Post
Missing forums is a bit more serious than I realized. Lots of forums that are not missing seem to have the wrong number assigned to them. Looking at old posts the Cast Bullet forum should be #55 but currently that's what the Misc. H&R forum is numbered.

I first thought I could just look up some old threads and change the number from 9999 to whatever it showed but it's not gonna be that simple.
Update on this, the data is not lost and working to replace them ASAP.

Updated Punch List.

Case #: 2330448

Jeff M

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page