Graybeard Outdoors banner

Working at Amazon - Opinions Needed

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  lon371 
#1 ·
I'm looking at returning to Indiana after I retire in just under 2 years. Amazon is putting up a distribution center in the Greenwood area and I'm curious to know if anyone here has any experience working for Amazon. Even if you don't but know someone who does. How do they like it there? I'll likely apply for the Onsite Medical Representative position if one's available.

Thanks, Dinny

#2 ·
Welcome Back! Albeit a preemptive one.

I have no direct experiencing working with Amazon, but glad to have ya back in Hoosier land when ya wrap up your military career.

#4 ·
Nathan,
Bloomington is on my short list. I'll plan to talk it through with you when I get closer, but honestly I'll take whatever job I qualify for. I'll sweep floors if the pay is right...

Thanks, Dinny

#8 ·
Hey there! Is that one out there by the Charlestown Ammo Plant or is there another one in Jeff? I forget where they draw the city limits lines.

Thanks, Dinny

#9 ·
My .02 worth coming from retired military also. I could have stayed in government service had I been willing to work inside the beltway or in some godforsaken country. I decided to try something new. Ended up in completely different direction working hospital security at large hospital for 22 years. Easily worked up to supervisory level within few years. Truly enjoyed the work. Now in second retirement, I decided to deliver car parts two days a week for something to do. (besides hunting, etc, etc). Sounds like you have enough on the ball to not have any problem at all getting into the civilian world. The key thing to remember is that if you find a job you like, you'll never work a day in your life!

#10 ·
Amazon seems to be a solid company to work for. There is a distribution center in Campbellsville KY. A lot of people in that area work there. Picking packages can be strenuous and requires a LOT of daily walking. They guy that bought my place earlier this year took a position there in management. He loves it. I believe that they are a no nonsense company when in comes to expectations concerning work.

If amazon is in your crosshairs you may want to consider Indiana near Cincinnati. Amazon is building an air hub adjacent to the airport in northern KY. It is their first and is a HUGE facility. I’m not sure about the open date.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.