Conservatives versus RINOs in Obamacare process - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 03:53 AM Thread Starter

Default Conservatives versus RINOs in Obamacare process

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...each-deal.html

The way I read it, the conservatives aren't taking any RINO poop, and that could be a good thing. My guess is that the whole process will stall because any changes to appease conservatives will probably alienate liberals. In other words, congress is great at breaking stuff, and bad at fixing stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 04:13 AM Thread Starter

By the way, I think I'll change my handle to Eeyore because of my eternal pessimism about politics.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 07:13 AM

Those stubborn conservatives!

They actually want the law to lower insurance premiums!

The gall!

All of my favorite creatures have white bottoms.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 08:22 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Dave View Post
Those stubborn conservatives!

They actually want the law to lower insurance premiums!

The gall!
Even more gall by the rinos for proposing legislation that did not directly address cost. People all over the country are seeing double digit percentage increases in cost and they brushed cost aside as if it were something that could be dealt with later. I.e. It was a deliberate attempt to kick the can down the road again.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 09:21 AM

Do we really believe that any of these, (whatever label you want to put on them), people are going to break their own rice bowl?? How much $$$$$$ is the insurance industry spending buying votes? That is what the insurance lobby and congress are all about. What do they care or even know about middle America? Their focus is on re-election and their own benefits.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 09:32 AM

I think it will work it's way out. I am somewhat disappointed that we have heard nothing concerning tort reform, something I consider critical toward lowering medical costs.

DON'T DRINK THE KOOLAID !
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironglow View Post
I think it will work it's way out. I am somewhat disappointed that we have heard nothing concerning tort reform, something I consider critical toward lowering medical costs.
That's one piece of the puzzle to address costs but unfortunately we're not going to get tort reform from a bunch of lawyers.

Liberal Logic 101:
Americans shall be required to submit to a background check to exercise a right already guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment while any foreigner shall be allowed into America without submitting to a background check.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 10:51 AM

I googled it and found that according to Fox business news that there has been a slow and steady decline in the number of lawyers in congress since the '60s and it now stands at 40%. You can bet that none of these will do anything that disrupts the lawyer business and there are enough others that will bend to the lobbyists so we are going to see nothing significant happen.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublebass73 View Post
That's one piece of the puzzle to address costs but unfortunately we're not going to get tort reform from a bunch of lawyers.

I think tort reform should be at the state level, thus making some states more competitive than others. Texas, I believe, did tort reform, and the doctors love it. That's my understanding anyway.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 11:36 AM

Tort reform is a big one it would ease the case loads on the lower courts also. I had a lawyer once who became a district judge. He told me that one of his biggest burdens were the divorce and custody cases. And the most rediculous cases were the Internet dating divorce cases. These stupid people meet online and marry each other within a couple of weeks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page