Why, why, why, why, why, why, why...? - Page 2 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-22-2017, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conan the librarian View Post
I include Fox in with the fake news media. Rush Limbaugh is fake news too. Any news outlet that gets a story 70 percent right is doing good. It's the 70 percent that they choose to report that matters.
Limbaugh's is NOT a news show it is an opinion show and he has stated that very thing hundreds of times.
He is not as good as he once was, because he once was a conservative voice crying in the wilderness where conservative talk shows were near non-existent.

RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-23-2017, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkgael View Post
You should always listen to the enemy. You ignore him at your own peril.

Pete
If anyone watches TV to any extent..sports(ESPN) talk shows (e.g.THE VIEW), late night comedy, Oscars, Grammies, Miss Universe, and most Hollywood movies along with a simple recitation of new rules and restrictions placed on people by city governments.. ..And with the rest of the MSM, we become immersed in the enemy propaganda, we get a full 7 course serving of the enemy..we couldn't even avoid it if we tried ! LOL

INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN, SCREAMING TO GET OUT. (David Horowitz)
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-23-2017, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Riebe View Post
Limbaugh's is NOT a news show it is an opinion show and he has stated that very thing hundreds of times.
He is not as good as he once was, because he once was a conservative voice crying in the wilderness where conservative talk shows were near non-existent.
I disagree. It is a news show. He figured out how to make a fortune and revitalize radio by putting his own special spin on reading the news paper. He’s a genius for that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-23-2017, 12:48 PM

Gun Cabinet

“If anyone watches TV to any extent....”
Problem? Solution: don’t watch TV.

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer.
The readiness is all.
“Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games.” Ernest Hemingway ...
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-23-2017, 01:14 PM

a big part of the problem is that the ability to think critically has been lost and no one looks into claims any longer ..

Dave in Phoenix
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-23-2017, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkgael View Post
“If anyone watches TV to any extent....”
Problem? Solution: don’t watch TV.
...But your advice in reply #8 was that we should listen to those who disagree with us! I was simply explaining that we do hear them, very often when we don't even intend to do so.

INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN, SCREAMING TO GET OUT. (David Horowitz)
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-24-2017, 05:33 AM

Maybe we should have THE news channel and the news people from fox and msn would be equally manned and make the approve together unanimously everything they put on tv. If its not unanimously voted in throw it in the trash. Don't know if this would help though. Youd have both opinions but what are the opinions of two liars worth? I know one thing. It sure would be a short news show. I guess for now I side with watch both sides people here. Just use my brain the best I can to week through the obvious predudices and try to pick real news out of the day long bickering both networks have now. bottom line is its all tainted be it tv radio, news paper, internet ect. and its more tainted toward the liberals so its pretty tough not to get exposed to there crap.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-24-2017, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scibaer View Post
a big part of the problem is that the ability to think critically has been lost and no one looks into claims any longer ..
This is unfortunately true. I believe the MOST important thing anyone can learn is how to think (not what to think). If we taught nothing but critical thinking that would be good, you can look most of the rest up.
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-24-2017, 01:21 PM

I don't believe there's any difference in critical thinking now vs. some idealized past.
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-25-2017, 06:04 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Location: Live - Cocoa, FL; Hunt - Mims, FL; Lk. Poincette, FL; Union, SC
Gun Cabinet
Send a message via Skype™ to land_owner

How can Critical Thinking be taught to a minority of students that when graduated will STILL not be able to READ? If they will not even learn how to read, how can they begin to think critically? This comment is not target toward any race as it is well known that children of all races fall into this category. I KNOW today a Registered Professional Engineer who is a functional illiterate. He cannot write complete sentences, cannot spell, and I suspect cannot read (or if he does read, then not well). How he was able to complete his college degree and attain professional registration without these basic skills is a mystery to me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page