candidate for gov of Michigan goes bonkers.. - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-18-2018, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

Default candidate for gov of Michigan goes bonkers..

He goes bonkers when asked about Sharia law. Are there enough politically blind folks in Michigan to elect him ?

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/270...er-leo-hohmann

"Politically correct" language, is really Orwellian 'newspeak'. (Michael Cutler)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-18-2018, 11:27 AM

Couldn't be much worse than a muslim president--been there, done that. GET REAL AMERICA!

Swingem
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-18-2018, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

Yeah..sad story..

BTW: I am not picking on Michigan, since my question was purely rhetorical. I expect most Michiganders..at least those outside Detroit, aren't in favor of Muslim governor..but look a the Muslim congressman in Minnesota. How were they saddled with that clown?

"Politically correct" language, is really Orwellian 'newspeak'. (Michael Cutler)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-19-2018, 05:28 AM

there is a very large population of muslims in the lower part of the state. Hopefully they stay down there!

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-19-2018, 09:29 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd smale View Post
there is a very large population of muslims in the lower part of the state. Hopefully they stay down there!
Is the UP another place which is treated as the unwelcome orphan, such as is eastern Oregon and eastern Washington, western and upstate NY, or the more sane parts of California?

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-20-2018, 07:43 PM

IG - Yes, Michigan is much like those states you mentioned. The whole SE area of the state (Detroit, Flint, Saginaw, and the other urban cities surrounding them) is hard core democrat. And of course that's the area with the most concentrated population. There is also a large population of Muslims in that area. An example is Hamtramack(sp?) near Detroit that used to be mostly polish immigrants who worked in the auto plants. Now it's almost completely Muslim and the other ethnic groups have been driven out.

Here in the UP the place that tends leftward is Marquette, home of Northern Michigan University, and the largest city in the UP.

Many of our laws are tailored to the population centers downstate and have no relevance here in the UP.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-20-2018, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironglow View Post
Is the UP another place which is treated as the unwelcome orphan, such as is eastern Oregon and eastern Washington, western and upstate NY, or the more sane parts of California?
Part right. Problem is California. There are no sane part's!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-21-2018, 06:59 AM

have to agree with you there. Northern MI university is a very liberal minded college. there biggest forte is putting out teachers and that says it all right there. I lived around Marquette for years and when I moved to Escanaba I was blown away by the difference in attitudes by the people living there. Marquette is a wart on the hand of the UP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spruce View Post
IG - Yes, Michigan is much like those states you mentioned. The whole SE area of the state (Detroit, Flint, Saginaw, and the other urban cities surrounding them) is hard core democrat. And of course that's the area with the most concentrated population. There is also a large population of Muslims in that area. An example is Hamtramack(sp?) near Detroit that used to be mostly polish immigrants who worked in the auto plants. Now it's almost completely Muslim and the other ethnic groups have been driven out.

Here in the UP the place that tends leftward is Marquette, home of Northern Michigan University, and the largest city in the UP.

Many of our laws are tailored to the population centers downstate and have no relevance here in the UP.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-21-2018, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd smale View Post
have to agree with you there. Northern MI university is a very liberal minded college. there biggest forte is putting out teachers and that says it all right there. I lived around Marquette for years and when I moved to Escanaba I was blown away by the difference in attitudes by the people living there. Marquette is a wart on the hand of the UP.
Not to get too far off topic, but not all teachers coming out of NMU will be liberal indoctrinators. My daughter will be graduating a year from now with dual degrees in art education and math education. She was visiting us this weekend, and took her handgun back to school with her (she lives off campus). She plans on getting her concealed pistol license, and wants to teach in a school district that allows teachers to be armed. She expects to work hard for what she gets, and does not want any handouts. She doesn't even like when I hand her a few bucks for spending money. Yes, her mother and I are quite proud of her.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-22-2018, 05:29 AM

no doubt your right and I shouldn't stereotype like that. My mother and two of my sisters graduated from there and so id a number of my nieces and nephews and none of them are typical liberals. I think a lot of it comes from being raised in a very rural good old boy environment. It urks me to no end to see on the local news that Northern is having anti gun, pro abortions ralleys and condoning these school walk outs of late. You should be proud of your daughter but make darned sure she doesn't get caught carrying that gun on campus because there are a bunch of liberals running that school. Funny thing is just a 100 miles away is Michigan Tech and you don't see any of that nonsense there. Marquette has allways been an odd town. It like its a big town wanting to be like a city and Northern is a small college that wants pretend to be ucla. Believe me or not. I lived here most of my life and Marquette and especially Northern are ground zero for the liberals up this way. Id about bet your daughter who seems very level headed would tell you the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcoggins View Post
Not to get too far off topic, but not all teachers coming out of NMU will be liberal indoctrinators. My daughter will be graduating a year from now with dual degrees in art education and math education. She was visiting us this weekend, and took her handgun back to school with her (she lives off campus). She plans on getting her concealed pistol license, and wants to teach in a school district that allows teachers to be armed. She expects to work hard for what she gets, and does not want any handouts. She doesn't even like when I hand her a few bucks for spending money. Yes, her mother and I are quite proud of her.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page