Bump stocks - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

Gun Cabinet
Default Bump stocks

I watched the round table discussion on one America News station the law has been passed if you own one it must be destroyed or turned into the ATF but no mention being paid Next will be the assault rifles

It is better to trust the Lord, than put your confidence in man
If we ever forget we are one nation under God, then we will be one nation gone under.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 06:19 PM

OK! I was wondering why no discussion of this yet on GBO and just posted myself in the Today's News forum.

Was good process followed or did Trump pave a path for some real anti gunner to destroy the 2nd Amendment?
I need to get educated.

I'm no fan of the things and won't mind seeing them gone but was it done legally and how far down the slippery slope does this take us?

NRA Life

liberal Justice Hugo Black said, and I quote: "There are 'absolutes' in our Bill of Rights, and they were put there on purpose by men who knew what words meant and meant their prohibitions to be 'absolutes.'" End quote. From a recent article by Wayne LaPierre NRA
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

Gun Cabinet

The NRA went along with it Wait till the new democratic congress gets going next year all s____ will hit the Fan Country is going to H#@!

It is better to trust the Lord, than put your confidence in man
If we ever forget we are one nation under God, then we will be one nation gone under.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 09:44 PM

Bump stock's should have never sold in the first place. Seem's all they do is turn a semi auto rifle in to full auto! Gun owner's whining about it are paranoid, simple as that!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Fischer View Post
Bump stock's should have never sold in the first place. Seem's all they do is turn a semi auto rifle in to full auto! Gun owner's whining about it are paranoid, simple as that!
I agree. I'm pro gun, pro hunting, pro self defense, pro target shooting, pro second amendment, pro concealed carry, life member of nra, pro citizen milita against tyrannical government, pro keeping and bearing arms, pro practically everything having to do with firearms. But the first time I saw one of those gadgets, I thought it was going to cause trouble for gun owners.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 11:47 PM

We’re going down slippery slope, those of you who are fine with trump just doing away with an accessory shows that he doesn’t support the 2A at all. Just wait, calm me crazy if you want but they see that Republicans don’t care about their rights if a republican is taking them away. They won’t stop at bumpstocks, you don’t need the stock to bump fire anyway. Any infringment on the 2A is unconstitutional
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 12:21 AM

In a truly free country, it should be legal to have an F15, or a Sherman Tank in your backyard if you want to. I maintain that you can do as much, or more damage with a motor vehicle than with a full auto anything. Apparently in California, the most potent weapon is a pack, or box of matches.

Swingem

Last edited by magooch; 12-19-2018 at 12:23 AM.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 12:48 AM

Honestly , the first I ever heard of bump stocks was the Las Vegas deal . Personally sending 200 rounds downrange willy-nilly in 5 seconds , can get expensive in a hurry .And I prefer one shot one kill accuracy . That said Its always the law abiding citizen to get penalized . I don't believe Trump is the true gun lover he pretends to be . But to keep his he base voters , he plays the game . From what I have seen at a distance , it appears any mechanically inclined person can make a bump device in his hobby shop .

Mice die in traps because they dont understand why the cheese is free .
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbammer View Post
Honestly , the first I ever heard of bump stocks was the Las Vegas deal . Personally sending 200 rounds downrange willy-nilly in 5 seconds , can get expensive in a hurry .And I prefer one shot one kill accuracy . That said Its always the law abiding citizen to get penalized . I don't believe Trump is the true gun lover he pretends to be . But to keep his he base voters , he plays the game . From what I have seen at a distance , it appears any mechanically inclined person can make a bump device in his hobby shop .
And you don’t even need a stock to bump fire anyway
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magooch View Post
In a truly free country, it should be legal to have an F15, or a Sherman Tank in your backyard if you want to. I maintain that you can do as much, or more damage with a motor vehicle than with a full auto anything. Apparently in California, the most potent weapon is a pack, or box of matches.
I agree, there is no justification for the public servant police or government agent to be more heavily armed than citizens unless the governments intention is to be more powerful than the people.

Last edited by sharpshooter97; 12-19-2018 at 01:27 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page